Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Games Batman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Episode 3 is out tomorrow I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just finished episode three. What an ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Ordered this as well. Any opinions on it?
    Wait how does it work with episodes. I thought the episodes were a TV series as well as an independent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Ordered this as well. Any opinions on it?
    Wait how does it work with episodes. I thought the episodes were a TV series as well as an independent game.

Imainge a bit long story.....cut into 5 parts or so.
    Each part is called an 'Espisode' (like in TV)
    They usually leave you on a cliffhanger for the next part of the story.

5th Episode is out today I think (managed to wait till the end to actual consider buying it)

Is it worth £20?

• Advertisement

5th Episode is out today I think (managed to wait till the end to actual consider buying it)

Is it worth £20?

I'm liking it so far, but maybe it's just me that thinks the episodes have felt much shorter than previous games :confused:

Is it worth £20?

It's good but I'd wait for it to go on sale. Tales from the Borderlands is still the best Telltale game and that was on the Canadian black Friday sale for around €3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Haven't played episode 5 yet but I think the story is great. Definitely worth a play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Episode 2 last night. Really enjoying the story. They've done a lot to keep it familiar while still being different.

Two main annoyances though:
    1) Telltale really need to fix their engine. There's no reason a game like this should be stuttering and suffer framerate drops.
    2) Not so much in the second episode, but in the first, not having played a Telltale game in over a year, I messed up on a lot of QTE button prompts and Batman still landed his hits. I'm guessing it just means you may not fill up the Batsymbol for your finishing move, but at the same time, the QTEs are far too forgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

The last episode became available last night after midnight. First episode is a bit of a slow burner but it does greatly improve in episode two, three... interesting take on Wayne's family and some different interpretations on some of the bat villain's. Didn't see much of a change in the engine from previous games apart from the game looking a bit more polished and the combat which they made a big deal about before the games release is a bit Meh!

Really Looking forward to The Walking Dead next week with two episodes being released on the same day as well.

• Advertisement

Guys I'm genuinely curious now , this was one of the better tell tales but what is the frame rate like on PC for this???? Seems in excusable for a game like this to drop and stutter on a supposed new engine on consoles. How many years since walking dead came out and still this happens :mad:

Being a console game I really sit up and notice when something 60fps as it's quite jarring when not used to it, but this is is the kind of game where I imagine nearly everything is pre-rendered and scripted with nowhere near the amount of variables as say something like modern fps and still it looks to struggles to hit 30 on passable visuals at best :mad:

It seems like they just want to keep an in house engine in favour of paying for one that could optimise the games better and hit higher fps and definition ????

Just finished episode 5 , was alright and the performance issues didn't help. Crashed twice at the same point in the game and again later on. And there was a whole fight with person looking like below image.

5c15GAO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

^^ That happened me too :D Overall i enjoyed the series but i thought the main villain was rubbish.
    High hopes for Series 2 though.

^^ That happened me too :D Overall i enjoyed the series but i thought the main villain was rubbish.
    High hopes for Series 2 though.

Yeah I think it was happening to most people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hahaha that actually looks hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Christ this is a buggy mess. Just started the fifth episode and it's pretty much unplayable. Won't be getting the next installment anyway.

Christ this is a buggy mess. Just started the fifth episode and it's pretty much unplayable. Won't be getting the next installment anyway.

They cancelled Walking dead Season 3 on last gen consoles so hopefully that means they'll finally get their crap together , I had frame rate issues and stutter on the xbox one version of Batman and if this was any other company people could be calling pitchforks and torches long ago, walking dead bought them a lot of good will , about time they showed some in return I say.

I've the trial of Walking Dead S3 ready to go and if it as much as stutters once they'll not see a penny from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

What system are you playing on? I completed the series on PS4 and while it had a few glitches here and there it was no where near unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm on PC and only realised during the second episode that none of the TV screens were showing anything. Has this happened to anyone else? I get the audio, but the in-game TV's are blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

What system are you playing on? I completed the series on PS4 and while it had a few glitches here and there it was no where near unplayable.

Was playing on PS4 too. The opening act of the fifth episode was running like crap for me, then it improved a bit after that. It then crashed on me in the fight scene towards the end and had to reboot it, fair annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

finished this off the other night and not a fan of the telltale thing at all (had only briefly player ep1 of the walking dead on the iPad and thought it was ok).

Didn't feel like anything I did actually had any impact on the story -maybe a second playthrough with picking the other options would yield different results but it felt like the game played out the only way it could do with only whether or not someone frowns or smiles at you being dictated by your actions.

also, Batman is a freaking IDIOT.

if I had been sitting at a table in the
    tourture room
    bit I would have flipped it over yelling "AH COME ON".
    Batman: A picture of Arkham and people fleeing from it... what could it mean
    Me: She is at Arkham - gonna release everyone.
    Batman: He highlighted "she", "will" and "liberate"... what are you trying to tell me Alfred
    Me: Really? She is at Arkham - gonna release everyone.
    Batman: She will liberate and a picture of Arkham, what could it mean....
    Me: AH COME ON
    Batman: SHE IS GOING TO RELEASE EVERYONE FROM ARKHAM!!
    Me: .......

It also annoyed me that the kid that Batman saves (and then saves Batman) in the Vale house says "please don't put me in the punishment room", or something like that and no on picks up on it. Obviously it is meant to be like that so you have the call back as a player but right at the moment he said it I was like "shouldn't someone check that out... seems a bit dodgy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yeah, got this in the current PS4 sale and played it over the past couple of days.

It's fairly decent but my Christ does it run poorly. Frequent second-or-two-long pauses and skips during action scenes and a lot of incidental sounds just not happening. Had some inputs simply not register at all as well.

How it got through QA in this state is a mystery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It's fairly decent but my Christ does it run poorly. Frequent second-or-two-long pauses and skips during action scenes and a lot of incidental sounds just not happening. Had some inputs simply not register at all as well.

How it got through QA in this state is a mystery to me.

aren't all telltale games the same?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    aren't all telltale games the same?

I've played pretty much all of them on various platforms and this was by far the worst i've experienced.

finished this off the other night and not a fan of the telltale thing at all (had only briefly player ep1 of the walking dead on the iPad and thought it was ok).

Play Tales from the Borderlands.

It's f**king fantastic. Seriously. Stop playing Destiny. Play TFTB with your missus (if she likes watching these types of games, mine does). It's great, fun, choices matter etc.

Having played a decent chunk of TT games, it seems like the more "popular" the universe, the less wiggle room they have. TFTB and The Wolf Among Us are amazing, and your choices matter. I find The Walking Dead pacing a struggles at times.

And Game of Thrones is pretty awful in all ways aside from enjoying it in an interactive GoT fan kind of way. Choices matter F**k all. Which reminds me, another problem is them teeing stuff up for sequels, means you can't really have multiple endings since everything needs to be in a nice tidy package with a bow on it for the start of the next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

TFTB and The Wolf Among Us are amazing, and your choices matter. I find The Walking Dead pacing a struggles at times.

I'm actually struggling with pacing in WAU. Some scenes are stretched out longer than they need to be.Though
    I had a slight panic attack when fake Snow White's decapitated head appeared
    I enjoyed Batman but I agree on the point that knowing there's more to come the ending felt dull.

Stop playing Destiny.

That's just good overall advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Play Tales from the Borderlands.

It's f**king fantastic. Seriously. Stop playing Destiny. Play TFTB with your missus (if she likes watching these types of games, mine does). It's great, fun, choices matter etc.

Having played a decent chunk of TT games, it seems like the more "popular" the universe, the less wiggle room they have. TFTB and The Wolf Among Us are amazing, and your choices matter. I find The Walking Dead pacing a struggles at times.

And Game of Thrones is pretty awful in all ways aside from enjoying it in an interactive GoT fan kind of way. Choices matter F**k all. Which reminds me, another problem is them teeing stuff up for sequels, means you can't really have multiple endings since everything needs to be in a nice tidy package with a bow on it for the start of the next season

Yeah Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us are my two favourites too. Both very different in terms of tone, but both fantastic.

Their Game of Thrones game can f*ck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us are my two favourites too. Both very different in terms of tone, but both fantastic.

Their Game of Thrones game can f*ck right off.

Yep I agree on the first two and starting to come around to your view on GoT. I've played both TWD and really enjoyed them but GoT's is just dragging and I've just finished episode 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone else find the game to be very juttery I notice it especially in the cut scenes.

At one point Bruce broke his neck it was so bad

Advertisement