Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler service + Nest

Options
  • 04-12-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭

Can you answer a query re cost of a boiler service
    I'm an Electric Ireland customer (gas and electricity) and I've got a gas boiler that I need to get serviced, and I was also thinking about updating my heating controller.

On your website there are a number of offers.
    - You have a 'Gas Boiler Service Special Offer' from  €79.
    - You also have a 'Home Comfort Bundle' from €249, which looks like a service plus a Nest (or Climote).
    - And you also have a 'Nest Offer' for €99.

I don't get it. 
    Service + Nest together is €249.
    Service + Nest sold separately is €178.

What am I missing?

I've an additional question about the Nest. Aside from the upfront cost, is there any additional recurring charge?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Phoebas,

Thanks for your message.

The Home Comfort Bundle with Electric Ireland allows our customers to avail of a gas boiler service, as well as a Nest heating controller for €249.

This is initially more expensive than purchasing the service and Nest separately, however the Comfort Bundle does not require customers to agree to a two-year contract, and also allows Nest customers to avail of addition discounts. This is not an option should customers purchase the Nest separately.

Beyond the initial cost of the Nest as seen on the Electric Ireland website there are no additional recurring charges for the Nest.

If you have any other questions regarding the Nest, Climote, or gas boiler services, we would advise contacting our Home Services team on 1850 305 085. They should be able to answer any additional queries you may have.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement