Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PC -Assassins Creed: Syndicate
    PS3 - Final Fantasy 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

unreal tournament 2004 pc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

i recently got back to skyrim and am currently running it with 100+ mods from the nexus…sheer awesomeness…though i quickly lost interest in the original vanilla version back then…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Whats the point of playing GTA V on PS4 when you have it on PC? You know, PC MASTAH RACEE

Because gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Trying to play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising...... not an easy game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

PS4

Last of Us
    Bloodborne

Only got it yesterday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just finished a couple of games so I'm looking for something else to get stuck in. Still stuck on a PS3.

Thief: It's really quite shít but I want to see it through to the end. Near enough to the end on this but I can't muster the enthusiasm to finish it.

Heavy Rain: Only started it. The part where I was feeding and helping the kid out with homework was especially riveting.

Assassin's Creed Rogue: I was playing this and instead of quitting to main menu I exited the memory which meant I lost what I was after doing for the previous hour. Kind of pissed me off but I'll get stuck back into it in a while.

God of War: Ascension: Played about half of it but got bored. Will maybe go back to it over the Christmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Xbox 360: GTA V.

Xbox One: Fallout 4.

PS4
    Uncharted.

I bought the Nathan Drake Collection for half price - delighted :)

Xbox One
    Fallout 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Started Life is Strange recently, about 1/3rd of the way through my Starcraft 2 LoV Campaign play through and getting into Borderlands 2 True Vault Hunter Mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Scrap mechanic.
    Still haven't managed to make a decent flying machine which is actually under a modicum of control...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Back to the Future: Think I am about halfway through it. Enjoyable enough and a throwback to games I grew up playing but there's nothing compelling me to go back and play it.

Halo 4: A replay on the MCC. Have 5 lying there since Christmas but wanted to play through 1-4 before starting. Storyline is much better and a lot less convoluted than I remember although playing 1-3 in quick succession might have helped that. Another 2 levels to go then I will do another play through for any skulls/terminals I missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Still loving dying light on xbox one

My backlog grows bigger each day though, red dead redemption, mass effect, life is strange, valiant hearts, deus ex human revolutions, BO3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Still loving dying light on xbox one

My backlog grows bigger each day though, red dead redemption, mass effect, life is strange, valiant hearts, deus ex human revolutions, BO3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

On the Uncharted trilogy at the moment. Gonna start the 3rd this evening.

Also have FO4 on the go as well.

Also gonna give Bloodborne a shot when I've finished with Mr Drake.

Oh the joys :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU, Sonic 2 on the 3DS, Truxton on the Megadrive, Elite Dangerous on the Xbox One and Driveclub on the PS4. Lots to be going on with there. I've also got QBert on the way for my Atari 2600, so I expect to be spending some quality time there as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

Descent 1, or rather the updated version dxx-rebirth.
    It's held up so well.
    I've been ducking and diving around in front of the monitor, real seat of the pants action.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

Descent 1, or rather the updated version dxx-rebirth.
    It's held up so well.
    I've been ducking and diving around in front of the monitor, real seat of the pants action.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm generally flopping between GTA Online, Destiny, Assassins Creed Syndicate and Battlefield 4.

Though I spotted that Mass Effect 1 is on the backwards compatible list so I might boot that up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

bought PS3 in January 2013, played all COD's up until GTA5 was released, didn't remove the GTA disc until about 3 weeks ago, and have been playing Gran Turismo 5 pretty much non stop for the last 2/3 weeks.

I'd only be a very casual gamer so I wasn't playing GTA for 2 years solid, there would be periods of a few months here or there where the playstation wasn't even turned on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Axiom Verge (on the last area now). I'm not sure I have the patience to go digging for all the secrets, but it was a cracking game (if not a little bonkers, story-wise).

I'm about 50 puzzles into The Witness. I love the puzzle progression on each sequence, starting easy to teach the rules but getting trickier with each one. The one thing I don't like is a sudden rule change in the middle of a puzzle sequence. There is something compulsive about lighting up a cable and having to follow it to see where it goes.

I've hit a bit of a ceiling in Nuclear Throne. I can get to the 4th area, but not much further. I wish there was some kind of progression with each run (like Rogue Legacy, getting a little stronger each time). As it is, you're just starting from scratch each time, maybe unlocking a new weapon or character if you're lucky.

On mobile, I'm a sucker for a good match 3 game (although it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff). With 95% of them, you get far enough but then hit a paywall where you're expected to pay for powerups to progress. Some that I'm getting good mileage from are Genies & Gems and Toy Blast (I'm past level 100 in both). Worth a look if you're a fan of the genre. Blown Away is a clever little platform game (a free version with first full world is available). Downwell is a well regarded platform/shooter, but it hasn't clicked with me yet. I must read/watch some guides to see how to get the best out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lego Marvel Avengers. Not a patch on Lego Marvel Superheroes from a few years ago. They've included a new minigame thing to solve some puzzles which is really awful, takes no skill and happens far too often. They use dialogue direct from the films which really restricts what they can do, means you hear the same lines repeatedly, and feel out of place a lot of the time. And only using scenarios from the films means levels are disjointed and filled with numerous small areas rather than a continuous area.

Plus, because of being restricted by not being able to change the dialogue of most of the characters, they're having to rely on "Nick Fury is holding a milkshake" jokes for humour. We get it. He's holding a milkshake. Ha ha. It's funny because he wouldn't normally be holding a milkshake.

Aside from that, having the odd game of Madden 16. Unfortunately I allowed it to update team rosters, meaning the Packers who were rated 90 are now rated 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Rocket League: Great for a few pick up and play games. I find myself getting very annoyed if I keep playing for long periods, you can't win them all and silly mistakes happen.

Star Wars Racer Revenge: Never played this when it originally came out so I had to try it when I saw you could download it from the PS store. I do like it tho, exactly the kind of game I would have liked to have played at the time, don't know why I never did go for it.

These two along with Star wars Jedi Starfighter break the mould well for me, as I had been stuck between Star wars Battlefront and FIFA for a while. Nice to have something fresh to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Beastermc wrote: »
    Rocket League: Great for a few pick up and play games. I find myself getting very annoyed if I keep playing for long periods, you can't win them all and silly mistakes happen.

Star Wars Racer Revenge: Never played this when it originally came out so I had to try it when I saw you could download it from the PS store. I do like it tho, exactly the kind of game I would have liked to have played at the time, don't know why I never did go for it.

These two along with Star wars Jedi Starfighter break the mould well for me, as I had been stuck between Star wars Battlefront and FIFA for a while. Nice to have something fresh to play.

As far as Star Wars games go, Knights of the Old Republic on PC and Xbox is a must play.
    I would also suggest Republic Commando on the Xbox as well.
    I wasn't a fan of Jedi Starfighter, but I did love the previous Star Wars Starfighter game.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    As far as Star Wars games go, Knights of the Old Republic on PC and Xbox is a must play. I would also suggest Republic Commando on the Xbox as well. I wasn't a fan of Jedi Starfighter, but I did love the previous Star Wars Starfighter game.

Yeah Jedi Starfighter isn't great, I remember having good fun flying around in those Naboo fighters in the first one. I thought the sequel would surely be as good if not better. I was wrong. I've always liked the look of the Knights of the old republic, the only problem was I didn't have the PC to play it on and no Xbox now either. Strictly Sony with me console wise these days so that does limit my options a tad. Cheers for that though.

Just recently completed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune so I'm ploughing through Uncharted 2 on "Crushing" difficulty and I have a video guide open next to me showing where all the hidden treasures are. (They swapped the name of the 'hardest' difficulty around from the first game - I've no idea why. On Uncharted 1, the hardest difficulty is 'Crushing', and the one behind it is 'Brutal'. In U2, it's swapped. (correct me if I'm wrong, by the way)).

I went to play Valiant Hearts yesterday as well but my PS Plus ran out :( So I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I really enjoyed the second Uncharted game, once they dumped all the sixaxis tilt control muck.
    I have the third one and the Vita title but haven't spent too much time on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been playing 3 different games at the moment.

Donkey Kong on the WII U picked it up for 20 euros in argos as have been wanting the game for quite some time. Jesus i must be getting bad at video games but this game is hard on another LV compare to the last Donkey Kong on the 3DS i am blaming the conttlor on this one ;).

Disney Infinty 3.0 xbox one. Picked this up for free and got the 1st star wars pack for it plays fantastic and great and really gets you into the fell of the game style loved number 2 so had to get this.

Ori and the Blindforust great game so far with he 2 hours or so i played. Looks like one of the best games i have ever seen the art style is just something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Xbox 360: GTA IV and GTA V.

Xbox One: Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 6.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the second Uncharted game, once they dumped all the sixaxis tilt control muck.
    I have the third one and the Vita title but haven't spent too much time on them.

I completely forgot that Sixaxis was in the original. Did that carry over to the PS4 version? I was never prompted to use it.

Jesus, I forgot Sixaxis existed....

Advertisement