Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I fired up the 360 and started playing Assassin's Creed II. A great game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

With it being Halloween I've managed a couple of hours of Bloodborne now.

That said I'm getting nowhere fast it has to be said.

Its so fast in comparison to Dark Souls.

After dying many many many times I think I know how to get past the first part.

I've only like 1 bonfire!!! ( or whatever the hell it is )

I think j have to play it sober and see how I get on. Lol.

Seriously beautiful game though and that intro was fantastic.

Really looking forward to having my ass handed to me again and again and then at some point lighting another bonfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Revisiting Skyrim for the first time almost 4 years. Bought the Special Edition on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC
    BF1 - really enjoying it atm
    Overwatch - has taken a bit of a backseat while BF1 has me, but still dipping in and out
    Dark Souls 1/2 - always touching it...then rage and turn it off
    GTA4 - never completed it,only GTA I never completed, so started it up last week
    Dishonored - prepared for D2, completed and gonna start the DLC soon probably
    Doom - got it on SALE, wanted to see what the fuss is about...it's ok...prefer Wolfenstein though
    MGS5 -got far into it, wasn;t enjoying the story, stopped...for a long time..went back recently...can't really remember where I am....also...not a fan of controlling all this big shell and recruiting ppl etc.

PS4
    Persona 4 - wanted to see what all the hype was about, got a few hours in...very slowly...checked the wesbite (How long to complete)...and it's says the average is 70+ hours....which has kind of put me off
    Red Dead 4 - never got around to completing it years ago, and with the announcement of RD2 I started it again
    MGS4 - just killed some flying boss...it was boring...the game is a slog
    FFXIII - trying to get into it, but it's not grabbing me at all......I'm doing it for the sake of trying to make me want FFXV

Mobile
    Final Fantasy 6 - Never played it before, Loving it !, I often have to take 3-4 hour bus journeys...so this is perfect. Emulating it on my Mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Revisiting Skyrim for the first time almost 4 years. Bought the Special Edition on PS4.

Same here..So good to be back!

About 12hrs yesterday alone,it felt like about an hour.

GOTY lol..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Persona 4 - wanted to see what all the hype was about, got a few hours in...very slowly...checked the wesbite (How long to complete)...and it's says the average is 70+ hours....which has kind of put me off

It starts of very slowly but once the pace picks up you won't be able to put it down.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It starts of very slowly but once the pace picks up you won't be able to put it down.

But then what about all the other games, they all need some loving :P

It makes me kind of miss the times 15-20 years ago, where you had 1 system...and each game was special and time was dedicated to it.
    I remember getting a Megadrive with my communion money but only gettin maybe 1 or 2 games...and they did me till my birthday or xmas.
    It was the same on the original PS1 release....choose your bundle wisely.

Then going around to your neighbors a month later, knocking on their door asking if they wanted to "swap" for a week or 2.....which was especially hard if your bargaining chips (games) were crap .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

PS4: Fifa 17 and over the past couple of weeks I've started playing the Witcher 3. My girlfriend bought the Witcher 3 when it first came out and I've only recently started a playthrough. What a game! I'm at Novigrad after about 30 hours, just love the game and I definitely think I'll be getting the expansion packs for it. Can't believe I've had the game for over a year and never started playing it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But then what about all the other games, they all need some loving :P

Well I'll put it this way, there's not been a finer RPG made in the last 20 years (unless you include Dark Souls in there). All those other games can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on the PS4, picked it up for about 7euro on PSN a few weeks back, really enjoying it,

And managed to take my Brother in Laws Xbox 360 for the soul purpose of Red Dead Redemption again, not too far into that though,

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I'll put it this way, there's not been a finer RPG made in the last 20 years (unless you include Dark Souls in there). All those other games can wait.

Ahh cmon, Legend of Dragoon was 1999 !:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Still Playing Halo 5,

the other games in the immediate rotation would be Battlefield 1 - hope to finish the campaign tonight or tomorrow, then its onto the single player of Titanfall 2 which is getting rave reviews. Doing a quest here and there in the Witcher 3 also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Playing Yakuza: Dead Souls and having an absolute blast. Didn't think it was going to be as much craic as it is. I have GTAV on the back burner as well and I just got delivery of the Orange Box so I'll probably try that out at the weekend - I've never played any of the Half Life games before so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

At the moment its Warframe,Destiny and Battlefield 1.

Over the last 12 or so months i keep getting into the grindy games,i dont know what it is but they keep sucking me in. I blame Diablo 3 for giving me a "loot" addiction.

Pretty pleased with Battlefield,thought i was done with the franchise but the new one is just the right balance of gameplay and fun for me. Unlocks are still to grindy imo but other than that enjoying it.

Warframe is excellent,space ninja's....nuff said.

Destiny was a game i thought id never get into after playing the beta and a bit at release. There wasnt enough there at the time to make we want to keep playing. With all the expansions that are now in the game its well worth revisiting and have enjoyed lesiurely getting through the content,i dont think id still be playing if i was a solo player but its great fun when in a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started Fallout 4 the other day just cleared the 1st settlement I'm not sold on it yet especially as the settlers now want me to build them stuff :/

Started Fallout 4 the other day just cleared the 1st settlement I'm not sold on it yet especially as the settlers now want me to build them stuff :/

Ha expect a NEVER ENDING set of quests for settlements. I'm not joking btw, they don't end...but you can just decide to forget about them, you don't HAVE TO do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ha expect a NEVER ENDING set of quests for settlements. I'm not joking btw, they don't end...but you can just decide to forget about them, you don't HAVE TO do it at all.

Yes you dooooooo!! :)

I started and stopped playing for a while so must get back to it as it's quite enjoyable.

Dark Souls 3 and 2 to a lesser extent keep drawing me back in even though I've finished them. Still have DLC to go through.

Bought Biock last week so have to have a a proper go of that.

Think ing about getting Skyrim today or Rise of the Tomb Rider, never played Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ignore all of the settler ****e,head out into the wasteland and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I can't stop playing titanfall. I have so many other games I want to play or finish but every time I sit down I end playing titanfall. Can't get enough of it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dominion online. I can't stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Started Bloodborne but it's a game I'll slowly get through over time. A slow burner if you will.

Still addicted to Destiny. Hit 381 light last night. Might finally hit a level cap in this damn game before they release Destiny 2.

And I completely crumbled and bought the COD infinite warfare legacy edition as I just have to play the remaster of modern warfare.
    €70 was steep but I really couldn't pass it up. For all the hate COD gets modern warfare was the business back in the day.

Gonna get as much of my money's worth out of COD and then get doom. It's price is still falling so I'll give it another couple of months and then grab it at a bargain price to justify to myself the high COD price. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Animal Crossing: New Leaf because of the new update. More storage is so good if you're like me and hate selling things.

Also Yakuza 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Been playing The Witcher 3 for a few weeks now. Absolutely loving it. The decision making is fantastic, been a couple of occasions now where what seemed like a minor decision at the time has come back to bite me later in the game. Took me a long time to warm to Gwent but once I started racking up a few Hero cards it appealed to me much more. Fannying around Novigrad at the moment doing some side quests but I'm currently level 18 so I reckon I'd want to get the boat to Skellige fairly sharpish!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Deus Ex :Mankind Divided, only put a few hours in so far but rally enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Started playing Skyrim Special edition, played it years ago on Xbox 360 but my save corrupted so never got to finish it. Was too pissed off to go back to a older save and play through again.

I'm also downloading Gears of War 4. I have a slow connection but the strange thing is. I left it downloading on xbox and it never downloaded. I left it downloading Thursday night all day Friday again Friday night got up this morning and turned on xbox and it had only downloaded 2 or 3%. I have it downloading all day today with the xbox left on and it is downloading. This is the first time I have had a problem with the Xbox not downloading while in standby.

So when that finished downloading it will push Skyrim to behind and I will be playing Gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Pim Pictus

I've been playing Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. I've been having great fun with it. I've never played any of Vanillawares offerings but I'll have to give them a bash now.

Advertisement