Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB website down this morning

Options
  • 04-12-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I heard on the radio this morning (RTE Radio One) that the new regulations will be coming into effect shortly so went to the PRTB to see exactly what the new regs were especially about the PRTB holding the security deposits - Guess what - the PRTB website is down. If they can't even keep a website up what hope is there of them getting deposits sorted?

Will my landlord have to lodge my current deposit with the PRTB or will that only happen with new tenancy agreements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

I would imagine it will only apply to new tenancies if/when it comes in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

In fairness to the PRTB I've visited their site a lot over the years, usually to refer people from this forum. In all that time there's never been an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There is a message on the home page in fairness and they are working on resolving the issue.

"www.prtb.ie is currently unavailable. We are endeavouring to have it back up as soon as possible. In the meantime clients can still register tenancies and make disputes applications online on this page. Some clients may experience difficulties in accessing our online systems at the moment. The PRTB is working on resolving these issues as soon as possible. If you are having problems please use the Web Chat facility or call one of our agents on 0818 303037, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, when we will endeavour to help you to finish your transaction. We apologise for any inconvenience caused at this time. "

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Quite possibly the website died under the impact of thousands of extra people visiting it this morning ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

It's been down on and off for about a week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Guess what - the PRTB website is down. If they when they can't even keep a website up what hope is there of them getting deposits sorted?

I'm responsible for a website for a company. Sometimes we have major back office upgrades which means we have to take the website down for period of time.

It's actually possible to have a system where upgrades could be switched in live but the cost of implementing that isn't justified for what we do.

I doubt it would be justified for the PRTB.

Advertisement