Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Renault Talisman

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

coolbeans wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Latitude is a rebadged Samsung. No relationship with the Laguna III AFAIK. That's without resorting to Wikipedia.

As pointed out earlier it's a Samsung, SM5 to be exact and no that's not from wiki. There is one driv8ng around Nenagh regularly which is badged a Safrane. They are sold in Mexico and the UAE. You're right though, they've no relation to the laguna. Off hand I can't remember the Nissan they are badged as but I'd hazard a guess and say an Ultima or Maxima which are the same size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

ba_barabus wrote: »
    As pointed out earlier it's a Samsung, SM5 to be exact and no that's not from wiki. There is one driv8ng around Nenagh regularly which is badged a Safrane. They are sold in Mexico and the UAE. You're right though, they've no relation to the laguna. Off hand I can't remember the Nissan they are badged as but I'd hazard a guess and say an Ultima or Maxima which are the same size.

Do you honestly believe that Samsung developed cars on their own.

The SM5 is a Laguna 3 with a new nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Do you honestly believe that Samsung developed cars on their own.

The SM5 is a Laguna 3 with a new nose.

There is far more different than a new nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Do you honestly believe that Samsung developed cars on their own

Yes. They build ships, submarines, electronics, tanks. Why not cars? They were developing cars before Renault stepped in albeit they never really got off the ground. Not a rebadged Laguna III.

Yes. They build ships, submarines, electronics, tanks. Why not cars? They were developing cars before Renault stepped in albeit they never really got off the ground. Not a rebadged Laguna III.

The Samsung SM5 is based in the Nissan Teana which is based on the Renault Laguna 3

The Samsung SM5 is based in the Nissan Teana which is based on the Renault Laguna 3

Let me Google that for you...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K9_Thunder

http://www.samsungpokies.com/news/samsung-also-on-the-defence-side/

On mobile.

You deleted your last post when you realised that you were wrong about the tanks. ;) sneaky

You deleted your last post when you realised that you were wrong about the tanks. ;) sneaky

Samsung Heavy Industries are a separate company. I deleted my post to avoid you trying to claim they are the same company as Renault Samsung.

The Samsung SM 5 is based on the Nissan Teana which is based on the Renault Laguna 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

To be fair they platform share. That's where the similarities end. Its utterly unidentifiable as a Laguna relation from its styling and its overall size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement