If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony TV

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SONY BRAVIA KDL48W705CBU[/font]

Or

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SONY BRAVIA KD49X8005C[/font]

Is it worth getting the 4K? 

Or is there any other reason the 4K tv is better, Have a terrible internet connection so cant see me having much 4k content any time soon.

The [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KDL48W705CBU[/font] doesn't specify it has Andorid TV?? - which would be a deal breaker as we are an Android house and the reason i'm looking at Sony
    Diarmuid,

thanks for the post and please accept my apologies for the delay getting back to you...

to be fair the 8005 is 4k unit and is going to be better than the 705 especially on 4K content - if you have poor web connectivity at the moment of course this will mean that 4K content is somewhat thin on the ground however 4K BR is onroute to the general market and the effect is stunning.

Of course there is also a significant price difference - the 4705 isn't Android but again this is possibly of limited benefit if you have poor BBand ( I'm an Android convert myself to be honest) - just as an aside if you are an Android fan, have a look at the Philips 50PUT6400 - amazing value ( and Android) at just £549.95 / €799 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201670-50put6400.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Hi John, I'm looking at Android TV's myself and was going to go the Sony route with the  http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201623-bravia-kd49x8005c.aspx but stumbled in here and noticed the Philips. It seems like a no brainer at €100 cheaper, anything that I am missing?

Gaming and movies would be my primary use. Also an Android tinkerer so drawn to having the OS on the TV. Would like to future proof as much as possible and the TV will have a wired 240MB connection.

Also, I bought a Yamaha YAS-103 from you last year, great piece of kit. It's sitting in front of my existing TV and that's where the new one will also go. If I'm not mistaken, the Yamaha has a function to pass through the remote signal, correct?

Thanks!

Anyone?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Anyone?
    Rowley,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we are a little behind with our posts and emails as we are really exceptionally busy - please accept my apologies.

On the YAS103 - yep it does have a remote repeater so it should be fine to sit in front of the TV once you get the positioning right.

With regard to the TV choice - that's a more difficult one, The Sony is probably better for Gaming as it has less lag than the Philips but I personally prefer the picture quality on the Philips, its a far more natural picture and by comparison I think that the Philips is way better than the 8005, you really need to go up to the 49X8305 to get a comparable Sony - the Android OS is also great!

To be honest at £529 / €799 the Philips 50PUT6400 is a steal!

I've just bought a PUT6400 myself for one of the out-laws and when I actually get a chance to set it up I should be able to give you a better in-depth analysis ( could be some time tho' :) as that install isn't top of the job list!)

The link for the Philips 50PUT6400 is here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201670-50put6400.aspx

And of course it includes delivery and a 6 Year warranty,

Please accept my apologies again for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey John, cheers for the detailed response and no problem on the timing. I've been playing catchup with my own inbox all day! Was just making sure the thread didn't fall off the page. :)

Will think about it and get back to you.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hey John, cheers for the detailed response and no problem on the timing. I've been playing catchup with my own inbox all day! Was just making sure the thread didn't fall off the page. :)

Will think about it and get back to you.

Thanks again.
    Thanks rowley, give us a shout if you have any other queries

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.