Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Are you using enigma2 or openelec?

I'm struggling to get oscam installed in openatv. Have the FTA channels and crossepg, autoboquets working now so need to get oscam going next.

You need to install the softcam feed

the necessary config files can then be found in usr/keys/oscam_emu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Are you using enigma2 or openelec?

I'm struggling to get oscam installed in openatv. Have the FTA channels and crossepg, autoboquets working now so need to get oscam going next.

Openelec with TvHeadend (at the moment), am a bit lost as to where/how I should be transferring files, but am thinking I will be going a different route (Enigma or Openatv), so am not too bothered about getting everything going with TvHeadend and Oscam.

came across a few mentions of backups that you can put on them as well, so am assuming that they are (almost) all set up and working correctly, so might try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Anyone having issues with the selection on the remote flying through the screen options like the button is stuck?

I am getting this on the Wetek remote and my other keyboard/mouse remote..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

enigma2 really needs the wetek dedicated enigma2 remote.

Anyone having issues with the selection on the remote flying through the screen options like the button is stuck?

I am getting this on the Wetek remote and my other keyboard/mouse remote..

Yes m8 thats why I bought the E2 remote :)

Cheap as chips for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Hello ☺ I just downloaded oscam apk on wetek android ....how do I use it and where do I go to watch channels ☺

Thanks lads, I will get myself one of those so...:D

mono_mac wrote: »
    Hello ☺ I just downloaded oscam apk on wetek android ....how do I use it and where do I go to watch channels ☺

Have you got everything else set up first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Ah lads, this box is driving me crazy.

Its showing i have openlec v5.1 all the vids out there seem to be for different versions and i cant do a thing.

I tried to install tvheadend and just keeps sating connection lost.

When i check my kodi setting the IP address is empty.......Any ideas ?

Like what Eamon ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Cheers this is helpful.

Next problem is when i go to add-ons i cant load the unofficial oplec add-ons as my list is empty.
    Have restored to default 4 times and rebooted 5 but still no joy.

Anyone else have this problem....AHhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Force reload of your addons should solve it.

Cheers this is helpful.

Next problem is when i go to add-ons i cant load the unofficial oplec add-ons as my list is empty.

You manage to get it updated to 6.0.1 ? That could be causing some of the issues. If the update is failing in the openelec settings where you can check for updates, download the update from the wetek site http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/26837/openelec-6-0-1-release-for-wetek-play-openelec do like in the video then once the file is on the box check for updates again and it should apply the update.

Learned a few nice things today, here is how you set kodi to record to external drives http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/26837/openelec-6-0-1-release-for-wetek-play-openelec

Also spotted in tvheadend on a browser when messing with settings in services if you click play it will download an M3U file and you can watch that channel on the pc with vlc player even while something else is being watched on the TV , might cut down on rows in some houses, I know Miss Enfilade is pleased with the new shortcuts that have magically appeared on the desktop of her laptop called BBC One , RTÉ One, etc :pac:

Oh that was for DVB-T might not work with S or C but worth trying non the less.

Like what Eamon ☺

Like TVheadend ?

Yes Eamon but I want to run oscam on the android side like wetek theatre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Hi lads,

Was having a few issues with the box last night, superrepo was displaying empty and I couldn't seem to put anything onto the box. I completed a hard refresh.

Everything seemed OK then. When turned on this morning the screen was stuck on the kodi image which kept flashing.

Turned off and back on and now nothing happens. The big amber light and one small amber light constantly light but nothing is happening.

Any ideas?

A little update it's back to the kodi image v14.2-helix just flashing on the screen

Would I be right in guessing my only option is to manually install openelec?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eddie77

Yes Eamon but I want to run oscam on the android side like wetek theatre

Try the ostool apk for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Hi folks,

I have the OpenElec model, but now have in running on Android and i'm finding issues with some Android apps?

Finding RTE Player android app producing lots of bumps and squeaks and crashing. Pretty much unusable. Anyone else experiencing that?

Trevord wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Anyone withe OpenElec version now running on Android finding issues with any Android apps?

Finding RTE Player android app producing lots of bumps and squeaks and crashing. Pretty much unusable.

Yeah, I found RTE player kept kicking me back out of certain screens. When playing the picture was really bad. I'm on a 240MB wired connection, so wouldn't be related to that.

Still trying to find happy medium with this box. Miss Android apps on openelec, have minor issues like this on Android.

Anyone having any audio sync issues with Satellite channels?

Channels also glitchy, is this down to the quality of tuners in the Wetek or the quality of the Satellite channels?

Channels also glitchy, is this down to the quality of tuners in the Wetek or the quality of the Satellite channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No issues with my channels. Are you on openatv? I found it awful to use so stayed with pbenigma.

Yea using openatv.

I have it all setup now after hours of stress all weekend so the thoughts of going back to try pbnigma again makes me wanna jump through the window:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yea using openatv.

I have it all setup now after hours of stress all weekend so the thoughts of going back to try pbnigma again makes me wanna jump through the window:(

If you have a spare sd card you can use that. Then if you want to back to your current setup just pop back in the sd card.

Finding mnimga to be the best i've tried so far.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Does anyone have any issues with the wireless connection?

I'm using openelec on a Dell mini and every time I turn on the pc I have to manually enable the WiFi on it so I can control it from the phone and start streaming.

I can't find a way to make it turn on automatically

FrostyJim wrote: »
    If you have a spare sd card you can use that. Then if you want to back to your current setup just pop back in the sd card.

Finding mnimga to be the best i've tried so far.

No just the one sd card at the minute unfortunately

RossieMan wrote: »
    No issues with my channels. Are you on openatv? I found it awful to use so stayed with pbenigma.

Using the latest OpenATV and no glitching here,plus its same image I use on my sat boxes so more familiar :)

Cheers this is helpful.

I was having the same problem, now it has got worse, the box is stuck on thee kodi image page and won't go any further.

Going to do a manual install of Android or openelec today and see if that sorts it out.

• Advertisement

Cheers this is helpful.

I presume that you are aware that you can load individual repos for addons without the f****n addon installer. i.e via a range of http addresses you can find online and by using the file manager to get at them?

If its the case that you are installing repos and they appear empty when you try to get video addons, then try "force refresh" the repo using the setting/menu button - the one with the three horizontal lines on the remote.

If you can try to be more specific we'll get this sorted. Maybe upload a few screen images using your phone so that it is clear where the problem is.

Cheers this is helpful.

I presume that you are aware that you can load individual repos for addons without the f****n addon installer. i.e via a range of http addresses you can find online and by using the file manager to get at them?

No i wasnt aware...Any i havent a clue what im at ..ha ha
    My IP address wasnt showing in setting so i dont think i could open a browser.
    I think i discovered part of my problem.....So i followed the earlier thread on changing to android and during that process ive determined my ethernet connection wasnt working but wireless was. Im guessing thats why i wasnt seeing anying when checking for updates or add-ons in openlec.
    So now im going to try revert to Openlec and try again. I thought all i would have to do is remove micro sd card with android files and reboot but it looks like android is now setup on box memory?
    Any easy way to roll back to openlec v5 ?

No i wasnt aware...Any i havent a clue what im at ..ha ha
    My IP address wasnt showing in setting so i dont think i could open a browser.
    I think i discovered part of my problem.....So i followed the earlier thread on changing to android and during that process ive determined my ethernet connection wasnt working but wireless was. Im guessing thats why i wasnt seeing anying when checking for updates or add-ons in openlec.
    So now im going to try revert to Openlec and try again. I thought all i would have to do is remove micro sd card with android files and reboot but it looks like android is now setup on box memory?
    Any easy way to roll back to openlec v5 ?

The same way as you done your Android, put the openelec on an sd card and install it that way.

I believe you can dual boot both but I am unsure as to how to do it, I think some suggest having android on the box and booting openelec from the sd card.

Sorry for all the silly questions lads but totally new to all this.

Making some progress now i think...Ive manage to revert to Openlec and ive added the TVheadend and Oscam add-ons.

Not 100% what i do next. Do i scan for channels somewhere?
    Or does that have to done via webbrower/ip info...And if so i would have a clue about what satellite id need to info.

Any help appreciated

Making some progress now i think...Ive manage to revert to Openlec and ive added the TVheadend and Oscam add-ons.

Or does that have to done via webbrower/ip info...And if so i would have a clue about what satellite id need to info.

Any help appreciated

What's your end objective here in terms of box capability?

If you want UKFTA channels + Kodi then to be honest I think that the Android route is far simpler. Wetek Theatre for UK FTA channels can be set up quite easily. It's a case of pick your satelitte (28.2 E) scan for FTA channels and then create groups of favourites such as entertainment, news, music, kids.

You'll need to go openelec or enigma route if you want more than that. But that could be achieved on a microsd card.

Why not get the box working with android on internal memory and then play around with getting openelec or enigma working on the microsd card at your leisure.

If you are able to copy a backup to the backup folder on your box and then go into the OpenElec settings and do a restore,I have a backup I can let you have,

I'm not 100% sure if it will work on anybody else box but don't see why it wouldn't,apart from maybe the network settings will need to be changed to suit your LAN,

It works on mine fine as I factory reset the box and did the restore,there is nothing illegal in the backup,just has tvheadend server and client configured,channels are all over the place as I haven't bothered to create bouquets yet,but it works as is

Double post

Any help appreciated

What's your end objective here in terms of box capability?

If you want UKFTA channels + Kodi then to be honest I think that the Android route is far simpler. Wetek Theatre for UK FTA channels can be set up quite easily. It's a case of pick your satelitte (28.2 E) scan for FTA channels and then create groups of favourites such as entertainment, news, music, kids.
    Well the end goal was get UKFTA and Kodi and see what else the box could do.

To get FTA on Android version is it just apps like you put on your phone or is there a better more structed way of doing a scan for FTA channels??

Well the end goal was get UKFTA and Kodi and see what else the box could do.

To get FTA on Android version is it just apps like you put on your phone or is there a better more structed way of doing a scan for FTA channels??

FTA channels on Android are tuned in using Wetek Theater which is an application that is part of the Android Wetek build. You need to have Sat cable hooked up to box.

Then the channels are tuned in like they are on any ordinary FTA box. The bit of knowledge you need here is to pick the right satellite in the menu list. Sky, bbc etc broadcast from a cluster of satellites that are positioned at 28.2 E (28.2 East of Greenwich). http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

If you don't have a Sat cable then you would only be able to get the channels using an android app like filmon, or through some apps on Kodi. This would be streaming from your internet connection.

I suspect many people who bought the box will use the sat connections for the UK FTA channels, Saorview compatible TV for Irish channels and then extra stuff through kodi on android.

More experienced users are trying to get the box to the point where it would be a decent substitute for a Sky box, (providing Irish and UK channels, 7 day tv guide and series link for recording (with a hard drive attached to one of the usb ports) and with the added benefit of kodi for good measure.

wiz569 wrote: »
    If you are able to copy a backup to the backup folder on your box and then go into the OpenElec settings and do a restore,I have a backup I can let you have,

I'm not 100% sure if it will work on anybody else box but don't see why it wouldn't,apart from maybe the network settings will need to be changed to suit your LAN,

It works on mine fine as I factory reset the box and did the restore,there is nothing illegal in the backup,just has tvheadend server and client configured,channels are all over the place as I haven't bothered to create bouquets yet,but it works as is

Can I try that backup ? Ran into another problem trying to put an image on MicroSD card,as DiskImager does not appear to want to co-operate! Thought I would give up on TvHeadend/Oscam for a while and try the Android or Enigma options, but not being able to write the image to an SDcard has put paid to that (for now!).

• Advertisement

There is a lot of stuff we can't talk about but what about some talk of legit stuff?

I've been playing around today , and added some live youtube feeds as favourites, mostly news stuff like France24 , Euronews etc. Anyone know any other good live youtube feeds?

Also there was an add on whos name I can't recall that allowed you to add youtube channels as iptv channels in kodi, does anyone recall it's name?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Can I try that backup ? Ran into another problem trying to put an image on MicroSD card,as DiskImager does not appear to want to co-operate! Thought I would give up on TvHeadend/Oscam for a while and try the Android or Enigma options, but not being able to write the image to an SDcard has put paid to that (for now!).

Sure m8 no bother,as said its nothing special but tvheadend server and client plus Live TV is working,pm on way,report back if it works please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

When I watch stuff on kodi, movies say, the sound crackles every time anything gets loud pretty badly. I don't think it's the hdmi cause same movie on showbox using hdmi to phone doesn't give the same issues, anyone have anything similar ? To me it seems like it's an issue with the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hi folks,

I have the OpenElec model, but now have in running on Android and i'm finding issues with some Android apps?

Finding RTE Player android app producing lots of bumps and squeaks and crashing. Pretty much unusable. Anyone else experiencing that?
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I found RTE player kept kicking me back out of certain screens. When playing the picture was really bad. I'm on a 240MB wired connection, so wouldn't be related to that.

Still trying to find happy medium with this box. Miss Android apps on openelec, have minor issues like this on Android.

a lot of android apps don't work that well on tv's/boxes i've found. i've an mx3 as well & recently youtube will only play at 360p, worked well before though. netflix only plays hd on a handfull of devices too.

the rte player app is a piece of shít, even worse than the website, so that explains that for yous :pac:
    video quality is terrible also had sound sync issues with it

RTE is still flash based as opposed to HTML 5 so that might be worth looking at as to the root of the issue, not sure what the status of flash is on android or if it can be installed anymore?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Sure m8 no bother,as said its nothing special but tvheadend server and client plus Live TV is working,pm on way,report back if it works please :)

Will do, I think when I was doing the TvHeadend thing, I was not waiting long enough for the channel scan to complete, there was no mention of the scanning being done in the guide.

EDIT: Installed the backup and everything seems to be up and running!! Need to figure out a bit more about Oscam though to get a bit further.

Thanks again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

There is a lot of stuff we can't talk about but what about some talk of legit stuff?

I've been playing around today , and added some live youtube feeds as favourites, mostly news stuff like France24 , Euronews etc. Anyone know any other good live youtube feeds?

Also there was an add on whos name I can't recall that allowed you to add youtube channels as iptv channels in kodi, does anyone recall it's name?

RTE is still flash based as opposed to HTML 5 so that might be worth looking at as to the root of the issue, not sure what the status of flash is on android or if it can be installed anymore?

a lot festivals run live feeds when they're on. not really the same but the the la liga youtube channels shows all the match highlights & vice is an interesting channel

you can install the apk for the last flash for android, yeah. but it's just a poor app

Am I right in saying there is not way of getting free to air via cable, you must have a satellite?

I picked up the box with the cable connection as I have no dish, I currently have upc, is there anyway I can get my upc channels through the box.

It is no big deal if I can not as I got the box mainly for kodi and Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Hi folks,

No issues here - running RTE Player HQ on OpenElec. Maybe its because you are running on Android. If you just want a box that will run Kodi and liveTV flawlessly, when OpenElec is the way to go. OpenElec is basically a light Linux distribution & Linux has been around for decades and is a mature and stable OS, but running Kodi on top of Android is just not going to be as stable and perform as well.

The only Kodi devices I will use are OpenElec (Raspberry Pi2 or Wetek) and Windows). Android is just about acceptable for a mobile OS and even then its pretty crap as an OS goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

No issues here - running RTE Player HQ on OpenElec. Maybe its because you are running on Android. If you just want a box that will run Kodi and liveTV flawlessly, when OpenElec is the way to go. OpenElec is basically a light Linux distribution & Linux has been around for decades and is a mature and stable OS, but running Kodi on top of Android is just not going to be as stable and perform as well.

The only Kodi devices I will use are OpenElec (Raspberry Pi2 or Wetek) and Windows). Android is just about acceptable for a mobile OS and even then its pretty crap as an OS goes!

+1

Kodi running inside Android is probably the most unstable you can get.

Android (as mentioned) is buggy, Android on Chinese boxes is even worse and custom Roms try to help, but only can do so much.
    Some boxes can only run kodi nightly builds inside a custom rom, and others will only run one version of kodi without audio issues etc.. It just seems to be an endless hole of issues.

Advertisement