Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's really not that hard to set up if you take your time. Oscam was the only thing I struggled with. But found great help when setting it up, I'd happily help anyone struggling to set it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

stanley1 wrote: »
    Running various sat boxes and media players a good few years now but I have to say the Wetek box done my head in, settled on a Technomate combo for Sat/Saorview and Amazon fire TV for Kodi, peace of mind at last.

I was thinking that would be the route I'd go down next. Very happy with the Amazon for Kodi and really all I wanted the Wetek for was the Sat/Saorview. I was hoping to have everything running on the one box but I reckon I'm asking a bit much. Have a USB tuner in the post for the Saorview so that'll be a bit of fun setting that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

If u want it for satellite then go enigma2 image.
    Backups there that are ready to go
    jakdublin wrote: »
    I was thinking that would be the route I'd go down next. Very happy with the Amazon for Kodi and really all I wanted the Wetek for was the Sat/Saorview. I was hoping to have everything running on the one box but I reckon I'm asking a bit much. Have a USB tuner in the post for the Saorview so that'll be a bit of fun setting that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Hey Guys,

So ive got the box running video add-ons ect but struggling to get it to scan for live tc channels.
    Ive installed and enabled tvheadend and setup the pvr tvheadend client.

However when i go to search for channels i get on live tv tab i get a message "none of the connected pvr backends supports scanning for channels"

After a bit of searching it looks like im struggling with the backend/ pc setup part.....When i open web browser and enter my ip address there is suppose to be a tv adapters tab but i dont have that.

Any ideas where im going wrong ?

There's a great tutorial posted showing all instructions only a few posts back

Hey Guys,

So ive got the box running video add-ons ect but struggling to get it to scan for live tc channels.
    Ive installed and enabled tvheadend and setup the pvr tvheadend client.

However when i go to search for channels i get on live tv tab i get a message "none of the connected pvr backends supports scanning for channels"

After a bit of searching it looks like im struggling with the backend/ pc setup part.....When i open web browser and enter my ip address there is suppose to be a tv adapters tab but i dont have that.

Any ideas where im going wrong ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's really not that hard to set up if you take your time. Oscam was the only thing I struggled with. But found great help when setting it up, I'd happily help anyone struggling to set it up.

It is only pigheadedness that has me still trying to get it going, am going backwards with it at this stage!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Just got my box from the group buy and the remote is very very sluggish.tried both remotes but still the same and they are very fast on my other box.anybody know why

anyone a fix for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

GY A1 wrote: »
    If u want it for satellite then go enigma2 image.
    Backups there that are ready to go

Can you be so kind as to point to some links that have a backup for Enigma2 that I could put on SD card and just 'plug and play' (within reason!!)

There's an image on one of the threads here. 1.2gb zipped but you need a 16gb card minimum to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Can you be so kind as to point to some links that have a backup for Enigma2 that I could put on SD card and just 'plug and play' (within reason!!)

Proceed with caution. I was delighted to get PBnigma up and running on mSD with a freesat bouquet in just half an hour, but I could not boot back into Android afterwards.

Ended up having to use the recovery interface to get things back to normal.

PBnigma seemed to work very well with the box BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Enigma image couldnt be any easier to setup for FTA, it has a walk through setup.. not sure why you'd need a backup. If you think the backup will help with OSCAM it wont you'll still have to config it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Just got my box and following the tvheadend instructions.
    No tuners listed for me when I visit the wen interface. Anyone got any suggestions.
    Google returns results of possible faulty hardware... Which would not be my first guess.

Just got my box and following the tvheadend instructions.
    No tuners listed for me when I visit the wen interface. Anyone got any suggestions.
    Google returns results of possible faulty hardware... Which would not be my first guess.

Keep rebooting its buggy

Yet more silly question from me....Trying to get tvheadend working and not going well....I presume i use 28.2E for scanning channels?
    I was only seeing 1 tv adapter showing in tvheadend earlier so i pop out the tuner and saw a wonky looking pin..Straightened that back up and popped it back in and now cannot get any tv adapter to show in tvheadend.
    Do you need to have the cables connected to the tuner for it to be listed in tvheadend or would it be picked up over wireless connection? Getting fed up changing the cables in and out of sky box to try get this setup.

Yes u will have to have satellite cable connected to scan and view sat channels

Yet more silly question from me....Trying to get tvheadend working and not going well....I presume i use 28.2E for scanning channels?
    I was only seeing 1 tv adapter showing in tvheadend earlier so i pop out the tuner and saw a wonky looking pin..Straightened that back up and popped it back in and now cannot get any tv adapter to show in tvheadend.
    Do you need to have the cables connected to the tuner for it to be listed in tvheadend or would it be picked up over wireless connection? Getting fed up changing the cables in and out of sky box to try get this setup.

I was only getting 1 adaptor showing up the first time I tried it, had to reboot a few times while setting things up anyway and 2 showed up.

Have 2 showing now, but not getting ANY channels (whereas I had been a few days ago!!), am going backwards with it!!

Yes u will have to have satellite cable connected to scan and view sat channels

Interesting101;98661135Yet more silly question from me....Trying to get tvheadend working and not going well....I presume i use 28.2E for scanning channels?
    Add your reply here. But to i need the cables connected to see the tv adapter listed in tvheadend before i do any scans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Has anyone tried the 1.2GB Compressed backup image posted a little while back? Just wondering how it works or is it a no go?

iPhone. wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the 1.2GB Compressed backup image posted a little while back? Just wondering how it works or is it a no go?

Am just downloading the OpenPli image to try now, (as every time I try to redo the TvHeadend/Oscam setup I end up worse off than the time before).

Planning on trying the 1.2gb one soon too!!

• Advertisement

Add your reply here. But to i need the cables connected to see the tv adapter listed in tvheadend before i do any scans?

Yes, if you scan without it being connected it would not pick up any channels.

Are the 2 tuners showing in TvHeadend Configuration ?

eamonnq wrote: »

Yes, if you scan without it being connected it would not pick up any channels.

Are the 2 tuners showing in TvHeadend Configuration ?
    Add your reply here.None of my tuners are showing up...The tutorial im following has me to configure the tuners before scanning thats why im wondering if you actually need the cables connected to see the tv adapters listed?

Yes connect them first

Add your reply here.None of my tuners are showing up...The tutorial im following has me to configure the tuners before scanning thats why im wondering if you actually need the cables connected to see the tv adapters listed?

Yes connect them first
    Add your reply here. Ok cheers..will do.....Still no joy.......Will try again tomorrow

Add your reply here. Ok cheers..will do.....Still no joy.......Will try again tomorrow

Add ur reply here
    What's add ur reply fella ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Add ur reply here
    What's add ur reply fella ha ha ha

Was wondering that too. Must be a default thingy on whatever device he's using. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Etnies wrote: »
    Enigma image couldnt be any easier to setup for FTA, it has a walk through setup.. not sure why you'd need a backup. If you think the backup will help with OSCAM it wont you'll still have to config it.

Already tried my own enigma image and took me 2 hours to get anything going. Scan brings in loads of unwanted channels and its a pain to sort them. Got lip sync issues and HD channels sputtered and froze. Gave up after a while as it was not really going how I liked.
    Might try this openpli as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

I still haven't gotten around to doing my picons or even attempting them, my wetek is running pretty ok here thankfully except the odd crash and I just reboot the box, figured out the way to a successful and quick reboot is disconnect the usb drive(which I had read about before getting the wetek and was doing) but also to have the TV switched off or else disconnect the hdmi cable as well.
    It might have something to do with my sound set up even though the hdmi is direct to the TV.
    I love the series link on TVheadend, I dislike that kodi tends to freeze if I am recording two channels and try and watch another channel and it freezes in they don't share a transponder, I'm waiting on some more micro sd cards and then I've give some other peoples back ups a go. Glad I learnt how to to configure tvheadend myself first though.

Use auto bouquet maker in service searching. It's scans channels into the sections for sd hd fta entertainment movies etc.
    Already tried my own enigma image and took me 2 hours to get anything going. Scan brings in loads of unwanted channels and its a pain to sort them. Got lip sync issues and HD channels sputtered and froze. Gave up after a while as it was not really going how I liked.
    Might try this openpli as a last resort.

• Advertisement

Also for anyone struggling with the standard remote, there's enigma2 remote apps you can use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

iPhone. wrote: »

I installed it on my sisters wetek earlier. It is working fine.
    It wouldn't install on her 720p Sony Bravia. It kept going out of range. Then it was stuck in a boot loop with the screen blank.

Had to wipe the MicroSD card and rewrite it. Then installed it on my TV. Showed her how to navigate and switch into Kodi, Gave it to her and she went home. I haven't heard anything since, so I presume it's still all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Might give it a try so and see what it's like. Must be a serious amount of addons to make it that size though. Muddling my way through a tvBellend setup at the moment .

loopymum wrote: »
    Glad I learnt how to to configure tvheadend myself first though.

Will you be offering classes in the Dublin area anytime soon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Use auto bouquet maker in service searching. It's scans channels into the sections for sd hd fta entertainment movies etc.

+1 to that.

It allows you to pick a Freesat or Sky type channel set up in a couple of minutes.

Note to anyone using PBnigma. Some of the builds don't have autobouquetmaker but more recent (jan 2016) versions do have it.

I found autobouquetsmaker to be fine. But preferred the look of autobouquetsE2. Looks a little better in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Installed Andorid on this box yesterday. Sky Go won't work on it due to the box being rooted. Has anyone a work around for this or can the box be unrooted?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Will you be offering classes in the Dublin area anytime soon??

lol

I wanted to download the 1.2GB compressed image from that forum so I had to join and did so, when I clicked back to the forum, I got a message saying I was banned and it wouldn't be lifted.

Jaysus, I didn't even type a word and I've never had linux before

Could someone be my referrer please? Maybe that would help, honestly I didn't do anything, wouldn't even know enough about linux to do so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Allyall wrote: »
    I installed it on my sisters wetek earlier. It is working fine.
    It wouldn't install on her 720p Sony Bravia. It kept going out of range. Then it was stuck in a boot loop with the screen blank.

Had to wipe the MicroSD card and rewrite it. Then installed it on my TV. Showed her how to navigate and switch into Kodi, Gave it to her and she went home. I haven't heard anything since, so I presume it's still all good.

I posted about this before, the image wont work by default on a 720p tv. You will just get the black screen after the boot screen. I saw a setting under setup to change the resolution to auto but by default it is 1080p!
    branners69 wrote: »
    For those using the PBnigma image. I had mine connected to an old Pioneer plasma which can only handle 720p. So when the image was installed on the sd card, I booted up and saw the PBnigma boot screen then the screen went black.

I then connected to my much newer Panasonic plasma and after the boot screen PBnigma loaded in all its glory. It much be set to display at 1080p!

Just in case anyone else has this problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wanted to download the 1.2GB compressed image from that forum so I had to join and did so, when I clicked back to the forum, I got a message saying I was banned and it wouldn't be lifted.

Could someone be my referrer please? Maybe that would help, honestly I didn't do anything, wouldn't even know enough about linux to do so

The link has been posted on a few different forums - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98655461&postcount=2097
    branners69 wrote: »
    I posted about this before, the image wont work by default on a 720p tv. You will just get the black screen after the boot screen. I saw a setting under setup to change the resolution to auto but by default it is 1080p!

Sorry didn't see it, I'm finding this and the other threads very difficult to read through and remember which thread which post was on etc..:o:confused: so for the most part, just scanning them or skipping them.

• Advertisement

i saw there was a problem with downloading the image, and soneone was going to re-upload again shortly,
    some forums you have to make an intro before you can download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if anyone wants to send me a PM of where to start for the satellite side of things and TvHeadEnd. There are a lot of posts, work is looking quiet after dinner , so will do a bit of reading, but would appreciate a good place to start. Just collected from parcel motel this morning :)

Thanks to anyone who pm'd me, I really appreciate it, it the linuxsat forum, I created an account and when I tried to look in the forum, it said I was banned.
    Sorted now anyway, thanks again.

Thanks to anyone who pm'd me, I really appreciate it, it the linuxsat forum, I created an account and when I tried to look in the forum, it said I was banned.
    Sorted now anyway, thanks again.

2smiggy wrote: »
    if anyone wants to send me a PM of where to start for the satellite side of things and TvHeadEnd. There are a lot of posts, work is looking quiet after dinner , so will do a bit of reading, but would appreciate a good place to start. Just collected from parcel motel this morning :)

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286

This is the guide I used.............and about as far as I got!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Imho, it's best to begin with installing android if you're not familiar with sat boxes and you'll be encouraged by your early successes.

Once familiar with android and its wetek theatre move on to one of the E2 images, my preference is for openpli but there's others eg pbnigma, openatv etc.

By then, you will be more familiar with terminology and be ready to tackle KODI and TVheadend, both not very difficult but perhaps not the best for a beginner to start using straight out of that black box.

Got my wetek from parcel motel this morning, I just had a quick chance to look at it before the Liverpool game. When plugged in, with ethernet cable also plugged in, all I got was 2 orange lights, which would only turn to red pressing the power button. I had a look back through the thread, but could not find anything about it. Any advise, or could it be something straight forward. Like I said I only had a quick look at it.

2 orange lights is on
    red is standby,
    have u hdmi in
    2smiggy wrote: »
    Got my wetek from parcel motel this morning, I just had a quick chance to look at it before the Liverpool game. When plugged in, with ethernet cable also plugged in, all I got was 2 orange lights, which would only turn to red pressing the power button. I had a look back through the thread, but could not find anything about it. Any advise, or could it be something straight forward. Like I said I only had a quick look at it.

2 orange lights is on
    red is standby,
    have u hdmi in

Hdmi slot 4 did not seem to work on my TV, had nothing plugged in to it. Tried in another slot and it showed up straight away. I'll start messing with it later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Going to do some more tinkering at the weekend and try get Tvheadend working but just a quick question for those of you who've been through the process.

My box boots directly into Kodi, I had assumed Kodi sits on top of Openelec, rather than an underlying Android OS. Is this the case by default or have I missed something.

I know you can install Enigma2 (I have more experience with boxes like the GM Triplex or the Amiko Alien 2), but is Android not installed by default on this box?

The fact that it boots directly into Kodi makes me think I am missing something, maybe not, any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement