Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It boots into Openelec which only gives you access to Kodi.

It runs Kodi better than having it installed along with Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Going to do some more tinkering at the weekend and try get Tvheadend working but just a quick question for those of you who've been through the process.

My box boots directly into Kodi, I had assumed Kodi sits on top of Openelec, rather than an underlying Android OS. Is this the case by default or have I missed something.

I know you can install Enigma2 (I have more experience with boxes like the GM Triplex or the Amiko Alien 2), but is Android not installed by default on this box?

The fact that it boots directly into Kodi makes me think I am missing something, maybe not, any advice appreciated.

No, you're not missing anything. My limited understanding is that you can install Enigma2 through an MSD card over the Openelec setup and then have Openelec running from the MSD card. I haven't done it but I do have tvheadend working with the Openelec set-up.

Going to do some more tinkering at the weekend and try get Tvheadend working but just a quick question for those of you who've been through the process.

My box boots directly into Kodi, I had assumed Kodi sits on top of Openelec, rather than an underlying Android OS. Is this the case by default or have I missed something.

I know you can install Enigma2 (I have more experience with boxes like the GM Triplex or the Amiko Alien 2), but is Android not installed by default on this box?

The fact that it boots directly into Kodi makes me think I am missing something, maybe not, any advice appreciated.

If you want android you have to flash it to the NAND , you can run most if not all of the others from msd. Basically if you switch the box on with a msd card inserted it will boot what ever OS is on it with the exception of android which as I mentioned needs to be flashed to the NAND.

Openelec for all intents and purposes is Kodi, has some extra settings but is almost the same once it's running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Having issues trying to flash android to the NAND on the openelec box. Update begins but keeps crashing about 2/3rds way through saying "some symlinks missing, installation aborted"

any one else had this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

have u downloaded the latest files and followed the tutorial video on wetek forum,
    was posted here a few pages back

have u downloaded the latest files and followed the tutorial video on wetek forum,

GY A1 wrote: »

Yep, used the v 1.1.6 update and followed the vid instructions. Symlinks issue constantly coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Yep, used the v 1.1.6 update and followed the vid instructions. Symlinks issue constantly coming up

Try the 1.1.5 version instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've had the same as Alonso. Can't get it installed with any version. Tried a couple of SD cards to. No luck. Even flashed a different recovery. Still the same. So I've given up and now have nothing on my nand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

RossieMan wrote: »
    I've had the same as Alonso. Can't get it installed with any version. Tried a couple of SD cards to. No luck. Even flashed a different recovery. Still the same. So I've given up and now have nothing on my nand.

Do you get an error message of some description? When you hold in the reset button do you see the Android symbol?

I used version 1.1.5 and it went very smoothly. I copied over the 3 files to the msd, turned the device upside down, got a pin into the reset button, got her indoors to push in the power cable and then waited for the Android symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

I reckon I soft bricked mine messing about with PBnigma. Like you I seemed to have nothing on Nand.

Got around this by booting into the recovery. Same procedure as flashing nand (press reset button and connect power) except you dont have an mSD card in the slot while doing it.

In the recovery I used the Install from EXT option to get a version of openelec back onto the box via a usb key (note not the mSD route suggested in link below).

Can't recall which files I used. Think it was from here. http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/11

Having done this I got back to the version 5.08 openelec (kodi 14.X) the box shipped with and that seems to be working fine.

Only problem is that I still have issues upgrading to 6.0 (kodi 15.2). Even tried putting the .tar into the upgrade folder, but it would not play ball.

I'm reluctant to flash android again until I establish that kodi can upgrade properly on openelec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

Having issues trying to flash android to the NAND on the openelec box. Update begins but keeps crashing about 2/3rds way through saying "some symlinks missing, installation aborted"

I had I found the download from wetek was giving me the problems .I found a link on dotsy #169 gave a link to mega downloads that worked first time .
    I had to try the link a few times https://mega.nz/#!YFkCUAZD!NUkYzYdtu...wgOUkVm97dRPlI it was asking me for an encryption key but eventually i got it and got android working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

I had I found the download from wetek was giving me the problems .I found a link on dotsy #169 gave a link to mega downloads that worked first time .
    I had to try the link a few times https://mega.nz/#!YFkCUAZD!NUkYzYdtu...wgOUkVm97dRPlI it was asking me for an encryption key but eventually i got it and got android working

robbie67 wrote: »

Tried this version and it worked! seems like the original WeTek link I downloaded has issues.

• Advertisement

Trevord wrote: »

Having done this I got back to the version 5.08 openelec (kodi 14.X) the box shipped with and that seems to be working fine.

Only problem is that I still have issues upgrading to 6.0 (kodi 15.2). Even tried putting the .tar into the upgrade folder, but it would not play ball.

I'm reluctant to flash android again until I establish that kodi can upgrade properly on openelec.

Kind of the same problem here m8,I can upgrade manually but only versions 5.0.8 or 5.1.1 will give video output,I can ssh in and samba in no problem but no video at all on any other version

Can't even get mine to boot to recovery now. Works fine with pbnigma. But nothing found when i dont have that msd in. Think I may have ****ed up the nand storage.

oops
    strange one
    Can't even get mine to boot to recovery now. Works fine with pbnigma. But nothing found when i dont have that msd in. Think I may have ****ed up the nand storage.

Yea must look and see is there some sort of unbricking tool, I imagine that's what's happened somehow. Strange that it still reads my msd with pbnigma fine.

Yea must look and see is there some sort of unbricking tool, I imagine that's what's happened somehow. Strange that it still reads my msd with pbnigma fine.

Try this but ignore the uboot part

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/18695/tutorial-mod-your-wetek-openelec-box-to-wetek-play-and-run-openelec-from-sd

• Advertisement

This is for anyone using Openelec struggling with Kodi showing wrong date and time even when the correct timezone has been selected.

(probably only people who don't have the box hooked up to a dish.)

Go to SYSTEM > OpenELEC > Network

Under NTP servers enter the following under Timeserver #1, #2 and #3 respectively

0.ie.pool.ntp.org
    3.europe.pool.ntp.org
    2.europe.pool.ntp.org

Worked for me anyway, when other ntp servers did not.

I had same experience pbnigma was working fine off mSD and then when i tried to boot back from internal nothing would happen.

For me it was taking a good 20 seconds for the android recovery screen to appear and the box seemed dead to the world until the screen appeared on the TV.

good to know it is fixable.

I have a 2nd box here and its not picking up my mSD at all. Perhaps its the mSD thats causing the issue, i have about 5/6 in the house but finding them can be a pain in the ****.

good to know it is fixable.

I have a 2nd box here and its not picking up my mSD at all. Perhaps its the mSD thats causing the issue, i have about 5/6 in the house but finding them can be a pain in the ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Is there a auto bouquet maker working on the Enigma2 OpenPLI image? autobouquets-e2 gets an error and wont install for me

This is for anyone using Openelec struggling with Kodi showing wrong date and time even when the correct timezone has been selected.

(probably only people who don't have the box hooked up to a dish.)

Go to SYSTEM > OpenELEC > Network

Under NTP servers enter the following under Timeserver #1, #2 and #3 respectively

0.ie.pool.ntp.org
    3.europe.pool.ntp.org
    2.europe.pool.ntp.org

Worked for me anyway, when other ntp servers did not.

If you look a few pages back I was hit with the same issue out of nowhere and that solution wouldn't stick, ended up having to use SSH to write time to bios , worth a look if you find time is wrong for you again.

@ Enfilade

Thanks. It is still showing correct time this morning

I had already seen your post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98598068&postcount=672

but i was at a loss as to what I should do after I ssh via putty.

After entering the user and pass - am I supposed to create a file with the text you mentioned in that earlier post or am I supposed to add the text to an existing file and if so what is the file called?

@ Enfilade

Thanks. It is still show correct time this morning

I had already seen your post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98598068&postcount=672

but i was at a loss as to what I should do after I ssh via putty.

After entering the user and pass - am I supposed to create a file with the text you mentioned in that earlier post or am I supposed to add the text to an existing file and if so what is the file called?

No they are commands you enter at the prompt like you would in windows command prompt , when you connect with putty it's essentially the same as using cmd in windows albeit with different commands etc. but you can do most of the same kind of thing and more. I should have made that clearer as I'm sure many would be new to putty and be sat there wondering what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 aquane69

Does anyone have a channel list (dvb.db), for the Wetek Theater? If it had the Sky channel numbers that would also be great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

Can anyone that has tried openelec and enigma2 tell me if there is much of a speed difference changing channels, had a look at this you tuber showcase (openelec + tvheadend) and the changing channels seems quicker than im able to change the channels. Is there some mod to speed this up in openelec..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43EDWPcnE8k

• Advertisement

Double Post Sorry :(

theduffer wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Can anyone that has tried openelec and enigma2 tell me if there is much of a speed difference changing channels, had a look at this you tuber showcase (openelec + tvheadend) and the changing channels seems quicker than im able to change the channels. Is there some mod to speed this up in openelec..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43EDWPcnE8k

Can't comment on openelec + tvheadend as I need to still solve the installation of that

But enigma2 channel change was fast (not annoying). I used a high spec mSD (San Disk Extreme) - but not sure if that makes a difference.

Hi Trevord,

Thanks for that, some channels take 5-8 seconds to change, just wondering if this is the norm in openelec + tvheadend, thanks

erm sorry again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

theduffer wrote: »
    Hi Trevord,

Thanks for that, some channels take 5-8 seconds to change, just wondering if this is the norm in openelec + tvheadend, thanks

Mine is sluggish too on the same set-u as you, but not quite as long as 5-8 seconds.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Mine is sluggish too on the same set-u as you, but not quite as long as 5-8 seconds.

Tvheadend takes an age to change channel buffers, enigma is immediate, although adding a second tuner slows it a tiny bit

My enigma2 wetek remote just came, does it not work with openPLI image? None of the buttons work

Have you switched your remote settings?

Have put the OpenPli image on sd card and have it booted and scanned, have connected via FTP but can't get dreambox edit to connect.

edit: Think this is to do with dreambox edit not liking a blank password, but can't remember how to set one!!

• Advertisement

Have you switched your remote settings?

I changed the RCU to Enigma2 is there anything else to do there

Scratch that, selected Openelec RCU and switched back to Engima2 RCU and it worked

Etnies wrote: »
    I changed the RCU to Enigma2 is there anything else to do there?

did u reboot

For anyone running Android and having issues setting up a playstore account.

(cannot establish connection type error)

Check date and time settings. If they are wrong, manually set the correct date and time in android settings.

Does anyone have the FTP settings (username password ports etc.) for that 16gb Enigma backup ?

Am still going around in circles!!

Thanks

Does anyone have the FTP settings (username password ports etc.) for that 16gb Enigma backup ?

Thanks

edit: FOUND IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What version is it? The password for some e2 is powerboard.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »

Thanks

how does that image look

Its a very basic image that is running the slyk skin.

Looks grand, not much on it for the size of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

GY A1 wrote: »
    how does that image look

Decent enough. It looks like Sky (Slyk).

Kodi is prebuilt too. I didn't touch that though, my head was a bit fried after going back and forth to my sisters. (1080p install initially and her TV is 720p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Any of you using the phone apps for tvheadend, what's the best format for playback, mkv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

eamonnq wrote: »

Thanks

What was it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement