Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

What was it?

Should be
    root
    powerboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

These boxes will be the death of me.. :mad:
    Sister rang again I had to go over to her. Her box is running Android/PBNigma (16GB image)

The whole thing was acting weird, really slow response, if any. then when trying to enter settings, all the previous key presses would happen (slowly).
    It took me a while to figure out that it was actually the key presses. It seemed like random stuff just happening every 20 - 60 seconds.

When I got over there, it had just gone into the system menu (by itself) and then into settings and brought up some context menu.

I could FTP no problem and everything seemed normal. After getting a bug on my own setup last week I thought it may be related. It wasn't.
    I booted into Android, it needed to be updated, did that.
    Couldn't choose language.

Long Story short (it was a lot longer than ^ that).

Random weird stuff happening is probably the batteries on the (openelec) remote. :o:o

I've never seen similar happen on any other remote, and it doesn't happen on the wetek 'classic' remote.
    The batteries weren't dead, but were low(er).

Seems that rc only likes brand new batteries to play well.

I'm just home, with a massive headache, and thought I'd share with anyone that has any weird stuff happening at all. (From delayed channel changing, to looking like somebody else has control of the box).

Check the batteries on the Openelec remote first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My only issue with this unit is the poor dvb-c/t tuner. Major BER / Pxellation / Glitching on it compared to other units I have used with DVB-C tuners. I am tempted to order another tuner and swap in the chance it is a poor tuner. Apart from that it is great, TVheadend up and running and serving several Kodi devices around the gaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Im really happy with this box, finally got around to fixing the second line on my sat dish so I can get my second 'line' working ;)

Picons bouquets all working, loving the OpenPLI Enigma image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Making slow progress here but getting places now. Kept the openelec set up the box comes with and have live TV set up with tvheadend and I've figured out how to watch and record at the same time. I'm recording to an external drive and one thing that's held me back up to now is the permissions on the drive. I've figured out how to change permissions to write by ftp but on every boot they go back to read only so the recordings fail (with an annoyingly inaccurate 'missed time' message). Anybody know how can I change this so it retains write permissions on boot up?

what commands did you use to set the permissions, and you applied them to the correct user/profile ?

what commands did you use to set the permissions, and you applied them to the correct user/profile ?

I used an ftp programme. Just checked off the write boxes. There is no user profile other than the one that's there at the start I suppose. Sorry, but most of this is Chinese to me. I'm just winging it as I go. Amazed I've got this far!

jakdublin wrote: »
    I used an ftp programme. Just checked off the write boxes. There is no user profile other than the one that's there at the start I suppose. Sorry, but most of this is Chinese to me. I'm just winging it as I go. Amazed I've got this far!

From the sounds of what you have done, you have set up write permissions for ftp which would be used to transfer files to and from the box and your pc.

I haven't got around to setting up recording on mine yet but will be almost the same set up. You are using TVheadend? I'll have a look later on mine and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

tvheadend
    Just got streaming to my laptop working.
    Download Media Player VLC. Open EPG on tvheadend webgui
    Click on icon under Details - this downloads a .m3u file
    Associate .m3u files to open by default with VLC media player
    Stream to laptop - need a decent wifi connection

Handy if you want to watch tv on your network away from your main kodi set up room

From the sounds of what you have done, you have set up write permissions for ftp which would be used to transfer files to and from the box and your pc.

I haven't got around to setting up recording on mine yet but will be almost the same set up. You are using TVheadend? I'll have a look later on mine and get back to you.

Yeah, tvheadend. Setting up Recording is handy enough. Getting it to record to an external drive is where I've run into problems. It works now but I have to change the permissions back to write (777) through ftp every time the box reboots because they revert back to read only. I tried doing this through terminal commands but couldn't figure out how to get to the external drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Any recommendations on how to tidy up the channels after I do the scan from tvheadend?

All over the place now, would like to tidy them up with icons and ordering etc.

Any recommendations on how to tidy up the channels after I do the scan from tvheadend?

GaryCocs wrote: »

I'm using thy Sky Northern Ireland bouquet. I ended up going through all the channels and disabling all the ones that were unavailable. You're supposed to be able to tag them into groups but it didn't work for me. I can live without the icons. I'm assuming you know about bouquets. Never heard of them myself up until a couple of weeks ago:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

GaryCocs wrote: »

Have a look at the following thread and YouTube video linked in it
    http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/11768/astra2-28-2e-uk-ireland-full-channel-list#latest

Found a problem, recording on Enigma2 OpenPLI image, using Enigma2 remote,

The "Red" button is not being recogonised on the remote when I press to record,

When I press "Red" via web panel it works fine.

Any ideas how to fix? Im using a Harmony remote, but cant even use the learn function on the Openelec remote as its bluetooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Etnies wrote: »
    Found a problem, recording on Enigma2 OpenPLI image, using Enigma2 remote,

The "Red" button is not being recogonised on the remote when I press to record,

When I press "Red" via web panel it works fine.

Any ideas how to fix? Im using a Harmony remote, but cant even use the learn function on the Openelec remote as its bluetooth

At a guess, long press the record button or red and it might allow you to assign what the button does.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Multi quick button should sort you out.

Assigned it as a hot key, under a long press, didn't realise you could do that

Is timeshift possible on the Wetek on Engima?

Ive read alot of the plugins are made on for different HW and wont work unless ported too.

permanenttimeshift - doesnt install

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

One of them is mine! After spending so much time on trying to set it up I feel I am going no where so would love if anyone can guide me to the right direction.
    Does anyone know if flashing it to android will be better for it to act as a sky box with EPG etc.
    ? What does the hybrid boxes I see all over adverts and YouTube comprise of?
    I managed to get tvheadend working to scan and get the channels and stuff but still having difficulty with the darker side of it should I say unlike my openbox which was piss easy..hence I want to get a different sat box like the VU box reluctantly despite it costing an arm and a leg.
    The box and the kodi feature is fantastic though!

AH92 wrote: »
    One of them is mine! After spending so much time on trying to set it up I feel I am going no where so would love if anyone can guide me to the right direction.
    Does anyone know if flashing it to android will be better for it to act as a sky box with EPG etc.
    I managed to get tvheadend working to scan and get the channels and stuff but still having difficulty with the darker side of it should I say unlike my openbox which was piss easy..hence I want to get a different sat box like the VU box reluctantly despite it costing an arm and a leg.

And still trying to make money on it, 80 plus postage you'd be better off going to wetek.

Use one of the enigma images if that's what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

Etnies wrote: »
    And still trying to make money on it, 80 plus postage you'd be better off going to wetek.

Use one of the enigma images if that's what you want

Only priced it at that due to the low ballers on adverts... Anyways Enigma I'll look into that.

Or you could just price is properly and say no offers. Looks like a ****ty thing to do if you got an offer of 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

In Android an application called Wetek Theater is used for sat tv. It needs improvement.

A key weakness is that you can't assign channel numbers. So while you can move channels and put them in some sort of sensible order and into groups (news, music etc), you still end up with BBC 1, BBC 2 etc with some stupid channel numbers like 37, 56, rather than 1, 2. etc

So pending some software upgrade to fix that - its not very satisfactory as a tv sat box when run as android. Which is a pity, as android would give you the maximum variety of options in terms of sat tv/ android apps / kodi.

(If anyone has found a solution in Wetek Theater for this channel number issue, let me know please.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Install enigma2 if u want satellite and similar to Vu

Download the 16GB PBnigma image and install it to microSD. That is pretty identical to Sky and all the 'work' is already done.

Allyall wrote: »
    Download the 16GB PBnigma image and install it to microSD. That is pretty identical to Sky and all the 'work' is already done.

Have you got a working link to that?

Trevord wrote: »
    Have you got a working link to that?

Has it been taken down?
    It may be here -http://wetek.getrpi.co.uk/

Not sure which one. I think it may be this one - http://wetek.getrpi.co.uk/Craig%20Wetek%20Image%2015th%20February%202016/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

For the Android firmware I unzip the folder but fail to see recovery.img and factory_update_pram file. I just have the folder itself. Is this normal or the fact I'm unzipping with the Mac being the issue?

*edit* Found them in the second link in the video

• Advertisement

For the Android firmware I unzip the folder but fail to see recovery.img and factory_update_pram file. I just have the folder itself. Is this normal or the fact I'm unzipping with the Mac being the issue?

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/20706/wetek-os-1-1-6-for-wetek-play-25-11-2015

When you unpack the zip from the website you should see the following

a folder with the version number eg 1.1.6

within that folder you should see:

1. a further zip (with a very long file name including some date version info in the name - which you dont unzip)
    2. recovery as mentioned above
    3. factory as mentioned above
    4. and you should also see aml_autoscript

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

*edit* Found them in the second link in the video

I found the same issue when I downloaded from the Wetek site. Not sure why I couldn't find the right files. For posterity in case others have the same issue - BionicRasher's post #503 works perfectly. That gets you to version (1.1.5) with an over the air update to version (1.1.6) using Wetek's supplied upgrade tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Allyall - I have this saved on an msd. How do I install it into kodi? Don't seem to see it in sources for me

Thanks

You don't install it in kodi. You flash it onto an msd and it boots into enigma instead.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Yeah, tvheadend. Setting up Recording is handy enough. Getting it to record to an external drive is where I've run into problems. It works now but I have to change the permissions back to write (777) through ftp every time the box reboots because they revert back to read only. I tried doing this through terminal commands but couldn't figure out how to get to the external drive.

Ok Jak I had a look at mine , I press the OK button on the remote then selected the record button on the bottom right of the screen. Recording started and played back no problem. I have no special settings set just made sure it was enabled in tv settings under recordings , the only other thing I had to do was tell it where to put the recording which needs to be done in tvheadend

Open it in your browser, Configuration , Recoding make sure the enabled box is checked , then lower down in recording file options , and then recording system path /var/media/Seagate Expansion Dr/recordings where seagate expansion drive is what ever your drive is called in Kodi.

Hope that helps, the only other thing I can think of is how your drive is formatted can you check that? or you are using satellite and it needs extra settings or something, I can't test that as I'm using dvb-t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

That worked a treat, I think I had a different aml file which caused the installation to fail too.

I have that pbnigma image that several people have downloaded.

Trying to get the wifi network password inputted using the openelec remote, but number keys are not working.

Also tried the onscreen qwerty keyboard but that seems to be problematic. each time I select a letter or number it appears twice.

I have the openelec remote selected, but which keymap is best?

Hi All,

Up and running now.

One nice piece working for me: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Mounting_network_shares

Recording to the network share.

Series link through tvheadend.

Sooooo

Bouquets and picons.

Does someone have a nice bouquet available? Preferably without the HD or something.

Also how does the picons work??

Thanks for the help.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You don't install it in kodi. You flash it onto an msd and it boots into enigma instead.

No matter what I do it always just opens in Kodi? Something is wrong here right ?

Use Win32DiskImager to install it to the card.

• Advertisement

Thanks I'll try it tonight

That's pretty much what I've done. The recording works but the settings keep reverting to read only. You might be onto something with the disk formatting. I think it should be ok, but I'm not 100 per cent sure. Going to wipe it now and re-format it and see if that gets me sorted. Thanks for taking the time to check all that. :)
    Ok Jak I had a look at mine , I press the OK button on the remote then selected the record button on the bottom right of the screen. Recording started and played back no problem. I have no special settings set just made sure it was enabled in tv settings under recordings , the only other thing I had to do was tell it where to put the recording which needs to be done in tvheadend

Open it in your browser, Configuration , Recoding make sure the enabled box is checked , then lower down in recording file options , and then recording system path /var/media/Seagate Expansion Dr/recordings where seagate expansion drive is what ever your drive is called in Kodi.

Hope that helps, the only other thing I can think of is how your drive is formatted can you check that? or you are using satellite and it needs extra settings or something, I can't test that as I'm using dvb-t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Has it been taken down?
    It may be here -http://wetek.getrpi.co.uk/

Not sure which one. I think it may be this one - http://wetek.getrpi.co.uk/Craig%20Wetek%20Image%2015th%20February%202016/

hi there,

When i try and unzip the file i get an error. Did you guys unzip first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

padair wrote: »
    hi there,

I got that error with winzip but seemed to worl ok with 7zip

padair wrote: »
    hi there,

Ya 7zip is the way to go. (freeware in case you never used it before)

Still gives error message but as least it unpacks the image file so that you can write it to the mSD.

Done that. Inserted msd. Turned on box. Still goes straight to kodi? Have I missed some step?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Done that. Inserted msd. Turned on box. Still goes straight to kodi? Have I missed some step?

Might sound silly but are you 100% sure you have the microsd fully inserted?
    The box is configured to boot from microsd 1st and then openelec (kodi) if no microsd is found.

That or you've not flashed it properly.

I went with adding logos via kodi for the channels, have a few missing so if anyone knows of a decent set can you sent them on?

Still on the hunt for a decent bouquet for TVH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Ya 7zip is the way to go. (freeware in case you never used it before)

Still gives error message but as least it unpacks the image file so that you can write it to the mSD.

That worked thanks for the tip

Advertisement