Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

GaryCocs wrote: »
    I went with adding logos via kodi for the channels, have a few missing so if anyone knows of a decent set can you sent them on?

Still on the hunt for a decent bouquet for TVH

for the picons have a look at https://picons.xyz/

details coming from http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84417-picons-up-date.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

I am struggling with the interface of the ready to go Pbnigma image with the Sly skin that people have downloaded.

The image has a sky and a freesat bouquet pre configured in the autobouquet maker as best as I can see.

I am trying to get the thing to show me the channels in the order of a freesat channel list, but try as i might I either have no channels listed or the whole lot of 28.2E in alphabetical order. When I first booted it up i think I had the sky channel listing, but i starting changing options to try to get it to show me the freesat list.

Right now I can see a long list of categories, entertainment, news sport etc and I can go in there and see the channels that are listed in each sub category. Any longer listing of channels I have seems to be in alphabetical order.

This might sound stupid but are bouquets and a favourite list different things? My favourites seems to be empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Hope that helps, the only other thing I can think of is how your drive is formatted can you check that? or you are using satellite and it needs extra settings or something, I can't test that as I'm using dvb-t.

Looks like it was the drive itself for some reason. I formatted another disk exactly the same way and it's working! I've a new problem now though. The fecking disk (or the box itself) seems to be squeaking. It's driving the other half nuts. She'd chuck it out the window given half a chance!

Just for anybody who buys the enigma 2 remote you will need to use the old one to go into the menu and select the new enigma 2 remote and then if using any keymaps such as HWTest in pbnigma you'll need select the standard keymap also.
    Otherwise you will be like me and changing batteries and pressing buttons without anything happening! :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Allyall wrote: »
    If you are using Kodi 15 and up then, no.
    If you are using Kodi 14.2 (I think comes preinstalled with Wetek Android), then yep, it requires Superuser, or at least allows Kodi to choose it's own permissons, so should result in better overall performance (As best it can in Android).
    I've got Kodi 15 installed and it is not showing in SuperSU as you said it shouldn't. Kodi keeps crashing for me on launch. Has anyone a fix for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Force stop in settings -> apps
    If you have nothing installed in Kodi, then clear cache and clean data too.

Also check that playlist/intro movie is disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

I have to say this Wetek Play is some piece of kit when you get it working! I have it fully working with PBnigma (thanks to boards users!!)

I can now access the box from many tablets, my Minix box in the playroom and the one in the bedroom which thanks to Kodi means sat channels now in both rooms!

The only issue I have is that I have two sat feeds going into the Wetek box but only Tuner A seems to be working. I cant watch another channel when one is recording. I cant stream another channel other than the one being viewed on Tuner A.

Does anyone know do I have to activate Tuner B or do something so that it is detected? Is there an enigma plugin I need to install?

Thanks,

Branners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Done that. Inserted msd. Turned on box. Still goes straight to kodi? Have I missed some step?

Had same problem where it wouldn't read the msd. I opened the box, took out the SIM and usb dongle, put them back in and it worked again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

T-Bird wrote: »
    Had same problem where it wouldn't read the msd. I opened the box, took out the SIM and usb dongle, put them back in and it worked again.

I downloaded a new image from CH (if u know who that is on twitter). Gonna see if that works on the msd this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Can someone please point me to the "ready to go" PBnigma image please so I can download it, I didn't like TVheadend

Much appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Can someone please point me to the "ready to go" PBnigma image please so I can download it, I didn't like TVheadend

Much appreciated :)

It's back a few pages

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98739838&postcount=880

Trevord wrote: »

Brilliant, thanks mate

Do you happen to know if that backup has Oscam installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It has oscam installed, found it a bitch getting it going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Have Oscam working on one box, tried to get Oscam working with Tvheadend no joy at all. But did get it working with Pbenigma image the 16Gb when loaded.

Just installed the PBnigma backup image guys, it seems to have Oscam installed which is great. I hope someone can help me with the following

How do I get the EPG up and running as I noticed that cross EPG isn't there (is cross EPG even available for the wetek?)

Also how do I access the bouquet list? (I have the openelec remote)

How do I mount my USB stick so I can save the EPG to it?

Im determined to get this box up and running :)

Cheers fellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

raytaxi wrote: »
    Have Oscam working on one box, tried to get Oscam working with Tvheadend no joy at all. But did get it working with Pbenigma image the 16Gb when loaded.

How do you get Oscam working with the image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Just installed the PBnigma backup image guys, it seems to have Oscam installed which is great. I hope someone can help me with the following

How do I get the EPG up and running as I noticed that cross EPG isn't there (is cross EPG even available for the wetek?)

Also how do I access the bouquet list? (I have the openelec remote)

How do I mount my USB stick so I can save the EPG to it?

Im determined to get this box up and running :)

Cheers fellas

You can install crossepg from the plugins menu,

Arrow up or down I think for bouquets,although check that the image hasnt been set to use E2 remote by default,

Not sure about mounting the usb but the epg can be saved to the sdcard anyway,think its called usbSDextra in crossepg settings

I think its blue button,PBnigma settings and then softcam manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

blue button
    powerboard centre
    cam manager
    turn on there

GY A1 wrote: »
    blue button
    powerboard centre
    cam manager
    turn on there

I was close :D

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, much appreciated

Does crossepg work with PBnigma image now? I read somewhere today that it used to crash the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I can't get Cross epg working either.

Also to anyone who downloaded CH's PBnigma image; have you got the 'Start Kodi' link in the menu to do anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

not trioed that back up,
    only one way find out :D

Does crossepg work with PBnigma image now? I read somewhere today that it used to crash the box

Works fine on mine m8 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Anyone know if these Kodiboxes are any good?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Works fine on mine m8 :)

Any pointers on how you got it setup?

Batesy wrote: »
    Any pointers on how you got it setup?

I downloaded it from plugin menu,then goto Menu-Setup-CrossEpg,

The first time I did that it bluescreened and rebooted,went back in after reboot and then click on Configure and set storage device to microSD Extra,

Click green to save and then scroll to OpenTV providers-chose SkyUK OpenTV-green to save,scroll down to download now and bobs your uncle,although it doesnt seem to work if only using one tuner and the empty tuner set to loop through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Anyone know if these Kodiboxes are any good?

I heard they are top quality mate. Loads of storage space in them compared to other boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I heard they are top quality mate. Loads of storage space in them compared to other boxes.

Maybe you should start a bulk buy!!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Has anyone successfully connected an external USB DVD drive under Android?

(not sure if it can be done - little coming up via google, and only one mention on this thread but that was for OPENELEC I think)

Thanks.

I used to use cross epg but have found xmltvimport actually works better on pbnigma and iirc it is installed by default on all pbnigma images under menu-setup-system when setting it up click on blue button for sources and then choose rytec uk

Been running it now for few weeks without any issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Is it at all possible to have a boot selector on these, I'm guessing both images would have to be on the same media.

So you could start up the box and have a choice of Android or Enigma image booting for instance, without having to pull out an SD card etc.

Etnies wrote: »
    Is it at all possible to have a boot selector on these, I'm guessing both images would have to be on the same media.

So you could start up the box and have a choice of Android or Enigma image booting for instance, without having to pull out an SD card etc.

Wetek are working on it. They released one for the Core at the weekend.

Anyone manage to get the 'Start Kodi' option in PBnigma to actually 'Start Kodi'?

It just sends me back to the last TV channel viewed.

Wetek are working on it. They released one for the Core at the weekend.

Anyone manage to get the 'Start Kodi' option in PBnigma to actually 'Start Kodi'?

It just sends me back to the last TV channel viewed.

Again it works fine on my one,are you using the backup image that was posted here?

Yeah, I was the one who originally discovered it I think but that 'Start Kodi' in the PBnigma image does nothing for me on either of the 2 CH images I've tried.

• Advertisement

Works fine on mine. Perhaps try a fresh install.

Yeah, I was the one who originally discovered it I think but that 'Start Kodi' in the PBnigma image does nothing for me on either of the 2 CH images I've tried.

Stop using other people's backups m8,do your own fresh install of the latest PBnigma image and just add your own bits

Yea from what I've seen, and done, backups don't work.

Hopefully openpli becomes a bit more stable then I'll start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

Quick one, trying to sort out my parents box from a distance. is there an android app they can install that would allow me edit stuff on their box including kodi etc?

Also is there a better epg than the stock one with the android version

bonkers wrote: »
    Quick one, trying to sort out my parents box from a distance. is there an android app they can install that would allow me edit stuff on their box including kodi etc?

Also is there a better epg than the stock one with the android version

Sounds like you need something like teamviewer installed.. https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/mobile-apps/

• Advertisement

itd only work on android. I've tried it with it and kodi is hit and miss to get it working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'm a big Plex user and came across these channel/plug ins earlier that might come in handy for some other Wetek owners. First one gives access to tvheadend meaning you can watch live tv through Plex and if you've a premium account that means even when you're away from home. Second one gives access to your recorded shows through Plex. I've tested them both and they're working for me. I'm using tvheadend with openelec.

https://github.com/pgaubatz/TvplexendChannel.bundle

https://github.com/pgaubatz/TvplexendAgent.bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

dunno if its been posted already but there is an enigma 2 remote control app in the play store that works fine for me with PBNigma 5.1

Is anyone else having trouble fast forwarding a recorded program? Mine keeps jumping to the end of the recording, or fast forwards with sound loops and scrambled screen?

Enigma Image

That's very odd. I'm using the 2015 11 17 image and Kodi definately works.

- mind you not as well as it does in Android. In my experience, quite a few addons fail to install with enigma kodi version.

I've started a new PBnigma image from scratch and the 'Start Kodi' option is working. Strange that the backups don't work. I'd say it's to do conflicting folder locations and such.

Still a few frustrating issues I'm having:

Can't seem to change recording destination from sdcard to my USB stick. I'm formatted it to ext3 and its mounted but not showing as a recording destination.

The remote. I've mine installed in a wardrobe and need to open it to turn it on. Funny how they only use ir to turn the thing on/off! It'll also just randomly fly through the menu for no reason.
    The extra enigma2 remote I got is ir only so I've a ir extender on its way to me to try. Hopefully the 3.5 Jack will supply enough power to make it work.

I wish they'd hurry with the splash boot screen. That'll be great.

I swapped this with an Amiko a3 and although the Slyk1 skin looks great it's the only real advantage over the Amiko. The Amiko remote is great, completely wireless and rechargeable.

I may even go back to it.

Can't seem to change recording destination from sdcard to my USB stick. I'm formatted it to ext3 and its mounted but not showing as a recording destination.

When your in the recording or timeshift section and on the storage location click OK, then click menu and choose swithc to filelist, then navigate to the USB stick and choose your recording location.
    I have found though that it is best to do this after making all other recording settings as for some reason the storage location changes back to default if you change some settings after setting the record location.. :mad::mad:
    It'll also just randomly fly through the menu for no reason.

This is a well known issue when running an E2 image on the openelec box, using the standard e2 remote is only solution I have found for this and happens across all images as if some of the openelec remote buttons get stuck or continue sending a signal to the box. Which is unfortunate as I actually prefer the sturdier feel of the openelec remote..

Can everyone fast forward properly? Mine is skipping to the end of the recording..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Download the 16GB PBnigma image and install it to microSD. That is pretty identical to Sky and all the 'work' is already done.
    Does this include the Ireland and UK Bouquets?

I have TvHeadend up and running but the bouquets are a pain to set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Does this include the Ireland and UK Bouquets?

I have TvHeadend up and running but the bouquets are a pain to set up
    I haven't tried this image but even if the Irl channels are not set up all it takes is a run of autobouquets to get them, so much more straight forward than tvheadend or even android.

Afaik its a uk image so it will have 101 -BBC etc when first loaded up.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement