Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I haven't tried this image but even if the Irl channels are not set up all it takes is a run of autobouquets to get them, so much more straight forward than tvheadend or even android.

Afaik its a uk image so it will have 101 -BBC etc when first loaded up.

Perfect, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Is there a Kodi 16 update for openelec...anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Is there a Kodi 16 update for openelec...anyone know?

There's not any official build yet. But there are a couple of community builds/unofficial builds floating around -

This one

This one

This one (Clean install) or Update

But as none are official, they mightn't be stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Any advice on bouquets for TV Headend?

Dont know where I am going with this piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Any advice on bouquets for TV Headend?

Dont know where I am going with this piece.

I just enabled the Sky Republic of Ireland bouquet and manually disabled the non-free channels. Got a DVB-T tuner for €10 for Saorview but I've only an indoor ariel so it's not picking up much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

jakdublin wrote: »
    Got a DVB-T tuner for €10 for Saorview but I've only an indoor ariel so it's not picking up much.

Is that a USB DVB-T tuner? Do you have a link to the one you got?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone able to get the blue button to work on the enigma2 remote?

Need it to select the favourites in bouquets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

which image
    its star button on openelec remote on openatv
    Batesy wrote: »
    Anyone able to get the blue button to work on the enigma2 remote?

Need it to select the favourites in bouquets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

PBnigma - Slyk1 Skin and using the enigma2 remote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Try the DTV button if not in the channel list,otherwise the blue button should work fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I installed Android a few weeks ago and realised that the only reason was for Netflix.

What's the best way to revert to stock?

Mr E wrote: »
    I installed Android a few weeks ago and realised that the only reason was for Netflix.

What's the best way to revert to stock?

If to nand then download openelec and install same as u did sndroid

branners69 wrote: »
    Is that a USB DVB-T tuner? Do you have a link to the one you got?

Thanks

Yes it is. It's from China so it'll take 3-4 weeks to arrive.

http://www.tinydeal.com/-p-155067.html

When I got mine I realised the ariel it comes with is useless so I got this adapter to connect it to a regular ariel.

http://www.maplin.ie/p/maplin-mcx-plug-to-coax-socket-aerial-adapter-n62ln

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jakdublin wrote: »
    Yes it is. It's from China so it'll take 3-4 weeks to arrive.

I bought the exact same one from Aliexpress a few months back for €4.75, but I lost it when I had a fire and had to pack loads of stuff away. Over on the HTPC thread. So you could save a small bit.

I bought it from here (Exchange rate not as good as it was then) and I bought the adapter from here.

EDIT - Adapter no longer available, but it is here

Allyall wrote: »
    I bought the exact same one from Aliexpress a few months back for €4.75, but I lost it when I had a fire and had to pack loads of stuff away. Over on the HTPC thread. So you could save a small bit.

I bought it from here (Exchange rate not as good as it was then) and I bought the adapter from here.

Can't go wrong with those prices. Wish I'd known I needed the adapter when I was ordering the tuner. Just didn't fancy waiting another four weeks for it from China so reluctantly went to Maplins. It's taken me about six weeks of heartache to set up this box the way I want but I'm just about there now. Almost went to sell it twice but very happy I stuck with it. It's been a good learning experience.

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »
    If to nand then download openelec and install same as u did sndroid

Doh, that was easy. Cheers. Kodi seems to be more stable too...

Mr E wrote: »
    Doh, that was easy. Cheers. Kodi seems to be more stable too...

did u use latest openelec 6.0.3

6.0.1 from their website. I'll check for updates this evening on the box.

Seems to be a lot of wetek specific stuff in the 6.0.2/3 updates

Might fix the youtube problems I've had in the last few days hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 michjo

Hi my wetek box stopped working when i plugged it in comes on automatically cant turn it of with remote or on the box blue light just stays on.. On the screen it was staying white or just going black .. Done a bit of research on youtube and wetek site told i need to reboot it taking the steps you said above .. So everything went well put the mSD card in the box plugged it in and held down the upgrade button and on came the wetek play sign .. Then the little android robot man comes on saying installing system update only stays on for a few seconds then the screen goes black and nothing happens .. Am i missing something or is the box broke and i cant fix it ..Format of mSD card and the files are all good to go so cant understand why .. Any help would be great thanks ..

• Advertisement

Hi my wetek box stopped working when i plugged it in comes on automatically cant turn it of with remote or on the box blue light just stays on.. On the screen it was staying white or just going black .. Done a bit of research on youtube and wetek site told i need to reboot the box so downloaded the correct zip files onto a mSD card .. So everything went well put the mSD card in the box plugged it in and held down the upgrade button and on came the wetek play sign .. Then the little android robot man comes on saying installing system update but it only stays on for a few seconds then the screen goes black and nothing happens .. Am i missing something or is the box broke and i cant fix it ..Format of mSD card and the files are all good to go so cant understand why .. Any help would be great thanks ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Try redownloading the files, or try different ones. Had similar issues and turned out to be the files I was using.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Try redownloading the files, or try different ones. Had similar issues and turned out to be the files I was using.

I have tried two different files already ., Got the files off the wetek site tried them and the wetek video on YouTube showing how to fix it they had a link to the files do tried them too .. But I did notice some files worked better then others was doing a lot of messing about with other files before I figured out the right files .. Was wondering do you think I might have to give the box a rest and try it again in a day or two ? Thanks for your reply ..

Shouldnt make a difference. Have you tried a different mSD?

Shouldnt make a difference. Have you tried a different mSD?

When I got up out a bed I tried it again so stuck the mSD card in and held down the upgrade button and up came the android robot and under him saying installing system update .. It went up over half way on the bar and then went off to a black screen again ., were before it would go off right away .. So I'm doing something right .. Will try download the files from somewhere else and try a new mSD card see how I get on .. Thanks ..

Mine did that, tried a different mSD and files and it worked.

Anyone's youtube app broken in openelec?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Anyone's youtube app broken in openelec?

Kodi.tv twitter account tweeted a number of times last week that the dev of the offical addon left and that it was broken, Not sure if they found somebody since to update it so maybe check on forums @ Kodi.tv and do a force check for updates also.

tommycahir wrote: »
    Kodi.tv twitter account tweeted a number of times last week that the dev of the offical addon left and that it was broken, Not sure if they found somebody since to update it so maybe check on forums @ Kodi.tv and do a force check for updates also.

Ahhh that would explain things.

In better news the 6.0.3 openelec update has really improved hdmi cec, my samsung tv remote is almost as functional as the wetek one, only thing it's missing is a button for favorites.

The record button works on it, channel list and guide now too, even contect menu button, with now need to change any config files :)

Howdy, I posted this in the android forum by mistake as i thought I was in this thread for some reason.

I received a notification that the new version of Paradox was available, so stupidly updated to build 0223 without having updated Kodi to 16.0 Jarvis. A lot of my add-ons had to be disabled due to 'unmet dependency issues', so I updated to Jarvis. I kept getting the same errors, so tried to revert to 15.2 Isengaard and Paradox build 0209, but can't find the previous build anywhere.

I performed a factory rest on the box so I could update to Jarvis first, the the latest paradox build second, as per the advice on the other thread. When the box reset, I forced a check for updates, but nothing was found. I've checked the system summary and i am definitely still running Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013 (compiled 1st march 2016).

Is there a reason it can't see the 16.0 Jarvis update? The OS is version 6.0.3, if that helps.

• Advertisement

Howdy, I posted this in the android forum by mistake as i thought I was in this thread for some reason.

I received a notification that the new version of Paradox was available, so stupidly updated to build 0223 without having updated Kodi to 16.0 Jarvis. A lot of my add-ons had to be disabled due to 'unmet dependency issues', so I updated to Jarvis. I kept getting the same errors, so tried to revert to 15.2 Isengaard and Paradox build 0209, but can't find the previous build anywhere.

I performed a factory rest on the box so I could update to Jarvis first, the the latest paradox build second, as per the advice on the other thread. When the box reset, I forced a check for updates, but nothing was found. I've checked the system summary and i am definitely still running Kodi 15.2 Git:02e7013 (compiled 1st march 2016).

Is there a reason it can't see the 16.0 Jarvis update? The OS is version 6.0.3, if that helps.

Yes, openelec 6.0.3 still uses kodi 15.2 you can't upgrade to kodi 16. There may be unofficial / beta bulids of openelec with kodi 16 I haven't really checked but an official wetek build is still a while off.

That's weird, I definitely upgraded to 16.0 at some point through the Paradox interface.

what are my options, then.....
    1. wait for an official wetek build, then install paradox 0223 or
    2. find an old version of paradox and install that?

That's weird, I definitely upgraded to 16.0 at some point through the Paradox interface.

I'd ditch Paradox and try a different build like Beast or Spinz. I've used Beast before and found it good but I've no idea if it's updated as regularly as Paradox. You'll need to research. Don't know why the Paradox guys decided to make it Jarvis exclusive. Maybe they wanted to get rid of users because their servers kept getting hammered.

Beast is paradox now.

Beast is paradox now.

It was Black Box before Paradox. Beast is still going as Beast afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

3. flash android, kodi 16, the build

4. Ditch the build & just add the best addons from it yourself

5. One of the dev openelec builds with kodi 16 as mentioned

Ah jaysus, you're right. Head in the clouds moment.

I'm not a big fan of beast tbh. To cluttered.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    3. flash android, kodi 16, the build

4. Ditch the build & just add the best addons from it yourself

5. One of the dev openelec builds with kodi 16 as mentioned

This !!!! Install a build see what you like and what works , do a clean install of openelec and add what you use and need and works. Build are nearly always poorly coded and bloated , though props to the paradox guy he can actually code python very well but as with all of them you end up with rubbish you never use getting updated every time you switch on the box and what my wife calls "chav skins" to their appearance lmao :D

Theres a lot to be said for basic confluence with your own background and stuff you've added and know that works, also make use of the favourites button on the remote, it's faster than scrolling left or right on any of the skins build or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I've never actually used a build myself. What's in them that's making them so popular?
    They include a load of addons & have copied and pasted some code in xmls to add more menus/submenus, widgets added is that it or am I missing something?

I use kodi in a quite boring way though :pac: I really only use a few addons that work well, try new ones & if they're no good they're gone.
    I'll do a clean install now of v16 on an mx3 to get rid of crap built up

I'll try out different skins, though i like aeonox silvo mod, it's on the wetek as well, as it needs a good skin look for both media and the live TV - hard to get one that you like for both. With some backgrounds taken from other skins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Allyall wrote: »

Does that Tuner support Saorview? Details show it as DVB-T whereas Saorview uses DVB-T2? Just want to confirm before I buy one myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Anybody tried the latest pbnigma image from March 6th yet? some reports that the latest slyk1 HD skin is now working on it and alot of minor issues fixed

I was on the previous version but it then crashed, will not pass by the boot screen now. May flash that version tonight and give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Looking at options for cutting the cord. This seems good.

Can someone answer some really noob questions?

Do I hook my Sky Dish up to this and I can get the FreeView channels?
    Can I get SaorView as well?
    This handles Android or OpenElec, which is better?

How much is this and what else do I need?

Basically, I have sky at the moment and would like a single solution for watching FreeView, SoarView and digital content (Streamed and Local)

Thanks

The new official Kodi skin (Estuary) is looking very nice. Available by default from v17 onwards, but can be installed now if you install the v17 beta.

https://kodi.tv/a-brand-new-look-for-future-kodi-versions/

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone know how to fix this, it's seems to be loading up in the background as I hear the clicking sounds but I've no display

7988DEF7-3B7C-46B1-A1AF-B9FE962EF758_zpswroymyd4.jpg

• Advertisement

nedd wrote: »
    Looking at options for cutting the cord. This seems good.

Can someone answer some really noob questions?

Do I hook my Sky Dish up to this and I can get the FreeView channels?
    Can I get SaorView as well?
    This handles Android or OpenElec, which is better?

How much is this and what else do I need?

Basically, I have sky at the moment and would like a single solution for watching FreeView, SoarView and digital content (Streamed and Local)

Thanks

This is not an option for the faint-hearted but I was fairly new to all this too and I now have a single-solution set up that gives me the free tv channels and digital content (streamed and local) that you're looking for. There was several weeks of frustration and learning involved though.

Yes, you connect it to your Sky dish and get the Free channels but you'll have to learn how to set-up Tvheadend for it to be user friendly. I needed to buy a separate USB DVB-T tuner for Saorview, but you can get them from China for around €10.

I stuck with OpenElec as it was something I was familiar with because I'm familiar with Kodi. I'm not used to Android and that would have been just an extra headache to learn so I stayed away from it. Some people here swear by Android, but I can't think of anything I'd be missing by not having it to be honest. My OpenElec set-up has everything I want.

You missed out on the group buy. We got this box for around €65. It's €99 now. This is the version you need to hook up to a Sky dish. http://webshop.openelec.tv/shop/wetek-openelec-box-with-dvb-s2-tuner

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix this, it's seems to be loading up in the background as I hear the clicking sounds but I've no display

What are we looking at, Aquos? Is that white rectangle part of the display or is it a reflection? Have you tried a factory reset?

Was it working before or is this first boot?
    The packaged HDMI cable is crap, so make sure you're using a working one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Aquos - is it a green screen ?

This can be caused by HDMI handshake issues.

What happens if you boot it up first before you connect it to tv?

You can also try switching source and then going back to which ever HDMI port you are connected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

tommycahir wrote: »
    Anybody tried the latest pbnigma image from March 6th yet? some reports that the latest slyk1 HD skin is now working on it and alot of minor issues fixed

Tried latest pbnigma image and sly hd skin

Just getting a loop running in top left had corner

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Antidentic

Help please,
    After struggling with backup images for days and days I decided to go it alone and set up tvh myself. all sorted, even bouquets, except one thing - I only have now and next in epg. After surfing many, many, forums I'm looking for a step-by-step guide to setting up a 7day tv guide, whether it be xml or by other means. There's lots online but nothing that is really working for me!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.
    Wetek Openelec 6.0.3

• Advertisement
Advertisement