Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Antidentic

...or if someone was to have a fully working and organised 6.0.3 back up image I would be willing to part with cash??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Lads, using OpenPLI image, I cannot get fast forward to work from recorded files..

Is everyone elses working on different images?

Its the last thing that isnt working, everything else is working perfect for me.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Antidentic wrote: »
    Help please,
    After struggling with backup images for days and days I decided to go it alone and set up tvh myself. all sorted, even bouquets, except one thing - I only have now and next in epg. After surfing many, many, forums I'm looking for a step-by-step guide to setting up a 7day tv guide, whether it be xml or by other means. There's lots online but nothing that is really working for me!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.
    Wetek Openelec 6.0.3

I went it alone too. Think you're better off in the long run as you learn as you go. I'd say it has to be something in the tvh settings that you control in the browser interface, like triggering the epg grabber. Has to be something simple. I'd check the 'guide' settings in Kodi too, under the tv settings but not sure if that has any impact with tvh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Another Q to add to the mix.

Has anyone any idea why SD channels would play fine but HD give a black blank screen under OSc and E2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

iPhone. wrote: »

Has anyone any idea why SD channels would play fine but HD give a black blank screen under OSc and E2?

Because only free to air HD channels work ,encrypted haven't worked in yonks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

iPhone. wrote: »

Because they were successfully blocked by the broadcasting company who ownes them. Apparently they had a trial to block all SD channels in their Italian region and it was successful. They probably could now spread it out across all regions and block everything.

HD Can still be got on all free to air one other broadcasting company not related to above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

T-Bird wrote: »
    Because they were successfully blocked by the broadcasting company who ownes them. Apparently they had a trial to block all SD channels in their Italian region and it was successful. They probably could now spread it out across all regions and block everything.

HD Can still be got on all free to air one other broadcasting company not related to above.

Did Sky Italy not upgrade all their customers to HD boxes and then stopped broadcasting the SD signal? This wouldnt work in the UK as it would cost Sky too much to upgrade everyone to HD but I can see them doing something in Germany!

Does anyone else using the Craig PBnigma image have an issue with the Wetek remote and scrolling continuously through the channels until you press a button?

I have tried all 3 RCU options and it happens with them all, do I have to change the remote? If yes what have others bought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

branners69 wrote: »

Does anyone else using the Craig PBnigma image have an issue with the Wetek remote and scrolling continuously through the channels until you press a button?

I have tried all 3 RCU options and it happens with them all, do I have to change the remote? If yes what have others bought?

Yep

Get the wetek E2 remote,sorts that problem out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Did Sky Italy not upgrade all their customers to HD boxes and then stopped broadcasting the SD signal?

I dunno, just came across it somewhere on another forum. Been doing so much reading about this stuff recently, everything is getting a bit blurred.... So much to learn..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Got two of the wetek boxes in the group buys, but I'm only getting around to setting up the second one now.

So far so bad with this second one. The lights on the box come on, but you get no tv picture and then the wifi light and the other light go off after maybe 15 seconds.

I've tried the fix that involved opening the box and popping the sim card out and back in again, but that has not rectified it.

Next I tried to see if it would boot Pbnimga from a micro sd card (I used the micro sd card I already had working with the other box).

But I just get the same sequence of light coming on and them going off when I try to power it up.

Any tips on what to do next?

Is it worth trying to flash the openelec software or is there likely to be something more major wrong with the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Trevord wrote: »
    Got two of the wetek boxes in the group buys, but I'm only getting around to setting up the second one now.

So far so bad with this second one. The lights on the box come on, but you get no tv picture and then the wifi light and the other light go off after maybe 15 seconds.

I've tried the fix that involved opening the box and popping the sim card out and back in again, but that has not rectified it.

Next I tried to see if it would boot Pbnimga from a micro sd card (I used the micro sd card I already had working with the other box).

But I just get the same sequence of light coming on and them going off when I try to power it up.

Any tips on what to do next?

Is it worth trying to flash the openelec software or is there likely to be something more major wrong with the box?

Could it be the power supply adapter that came with the box? Mine was a bit flimsy and wouldnt connect properly so I ditched it (the adapter)

T-Bird wrote: »
    I dunno, just came across it somewhere on another forum. Been doing so much reading about this stuff recently, everything is getting a bit blurred.... So much to learn..

I feel your pain, started off knowing nothing! Now I have it all sorted!

Any queries feel free to PM me! I got a lot of help off other boards members originally!

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Could it be the power supply adapter that came with the box? Mine was a bit flimsy and wouldnt connect properly so I ditched it (the adapter)

People have used old Eircom modem power cables with success.

Also try a different HDMI cable!

If you are using an image try the Wetek on a Tv that can handle 1080p. When I first turned mine on it just gave me a black screen because the TV was only able to handle 720p and the default for the Wetek was 1080p!

Alonso77 wrote: »

I don't thing the plug adapter is the problem. I'm not using the US to UK/IRL one that was supplied. I have a better quality one that I have used with other devices.

TV can handle 1080p, so that's not it either. I'll try a different HDMI cable. But from memory the lights on the box should stay on when its working properly (I don't have the 1st box to hand to confirm that).

UPDATE: Got it sorted. Seems to have been a HDMI cable issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Anyone else finding the wetek play won't boot into sdcard after upgrading to the new dual boot option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah, I had a mare with that during the week. Had to re-install openelec to nand and start again.

A tempermental little pup is the wetek.

I know there are dongles you can get for Saorview but did anyone buy a usb dongle that works with Virgin Media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I know there are dongles you can get for Saorview but did anyone buy a usb dongle that works with Virgin Media?

Virgin media streams are encrypted. You could pick them up with the DVB-T/C tuner version but they would be shag all use to you as they won't clear.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Sorry for the slight derail but a bit (lots) of advice needed ...

Have been streaming content on xbmc/kodi on a laptop with hdmi to tv for >2 years and am renovating a house and ready to cut the cord. The wetek/openelec box appears to have all that I'll need for tuning saorview and freeview channels and streaming.

I currently have an electrician on site and am getting 2 tv points installed (kitchen & sitting room). My understanding of what I need based on what I've been reading on this thread is: I need to get the DVB-S2 box and dish to tune freeview and pick up a USB DVB T tuner to pick up saorview.

The wetek website shows play and core versions of the box but the core runs android only. The play has android and openelec but Kodi seems to run better on openelec.

What are peoples opinions re the play or core. Play better as can run openelec for kodi or core better due to spec? Also should I upgrade the remote, get a wireless keyboard or is there anything else that I should be including when buying?

Thanks

• Advertisement

We all got a special edition openelec box, not the ones you mentioned. http://openelec.tv/openelec-box
    Think there's a 30 Percent discount today actually, which brings it down to around the price we paid. See the bargain alert thread.
    You're correct in that you need the DVB-S2 version and a cheap saorveiw tuner. Oh, and a bit of tech know-how to set it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Virgin media streams are encrypted. You could pick them up with the DVB-T/C tuner version but they would be shag all use to you as they won't clear.

Everything is possible. ;)

jakdublin wrote: »
    We all got a special edition openelec box, not the ones you mentioned. http://openelec.tv/openelec-box
    Think there's a 30 Percent discount today actually, which brings it down to around the price we paid. See the bargain alert thread.
    You're correct in that you need the DVB-S2 version and a cheap saorveiw tuner. Oh, and a bit of tech know-how to set it up.

Thanks for that. What about the accessories Kingston 8 GB Class 10 micro SD and Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400? Worth getting or not?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You could pick them up with the DVB-T/C tuner version...

I was hoping someone might have already purchased one so it would save me taking a chance on one and as Batesy says google is your friend!

tonc76 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. What about the accessories Kingston 8 GB Class 10 micro SD and Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400? Worth getting or not?

You don't need them. I just attached a spare usb drive for tv recordings. Folk only use the SD card if they want to flash images, but I've found the openelec it comes with does everything I need it to do. Plus, IMO it's tricky enough setting it up without messing about more than you have to. Only thing you'll need is batteries for the remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Does anyone know what the error below is about?

I'm trying to boot OpenElec on am SD card on the core.

I downloaded the zip and extracted to card with win32diskimager. I get the error on the OpenElec splashscreen.

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: could not mount /dev/sda xxxxxxxxx ***
    ### starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty. job control turned off.
    #

• Advertisement

Trigger pulled! Thanks jakdublin for the heads up on the discount code. Got it for €69 incl deliver :pac:

Any recommendations for the DVB-T tuner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

Right lads sky finishing up in a couple of weeks and if I dont have this set up in a nice user friendly way the mrs. may kill me.

Everything working ok, kodi + tvheadend + oscam etc., problem I have is with the tidy up.

How do I get rid of dupes and have the channel ordering and set up the same as sky.

I've tried messing with the bouquets and rescanning with no joy. Any step by step guides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Download autobouquetsE2 from the plug in menu. Change settings to Ireland, you'll have it all sorted for you

RossieMan wrote: »
    Download autobouquetsE2 from the plug in menu. Change settings to Ireland, you'll have it all sorted for you

Can I get that for Kodi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Can I get that for Kodi?

what are you using, openelec or an e2 image?

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what are you using, openelec or an e2 image?

Openelec

Openelec

had to start the box there...

try this first anyway, pick whichever bouquet you want in the tvheadend & tick enable, auto map to channels, map radio, create tag.
    from the channel tags tab make sure it's enabled & disable the ones you don't want

make sure & save after both those steps. start kodi & go to the live tv settings (it's in the main settings) & under general, enable sync channel groups with backend & use channel numbers from backend. disable channel order from backend
    still in general, clear data.

then from the live tv section you can choose between which groups to display, these will be the tags you've left enabled in tvheadend, your bouquets etc.

she'll not like it anyway, guaranteed :pac:

had to start the box there...

try this first anyway, pick whichever bouquet you want in the tvheadend & tick enable, auto map to channels, map radio, create tag.
    from the channel tags tab make sure it's enabled & disable the ones you don't want

make sure & save after both those steps. start kodi & go to the live tv settings (it's in the main settings) & under general, enable sync channel groups with backend & use channel numbers from backend. disable channel order from backend
    still in general, clear data.

then from the live tv section you can choose between which groups to display, these will be the tags you've left enabled in tvheadend, your bouquets etc.

she'll not like it anyway, guaranteed :pac:

I'll try that so.

I take it you scanned first and mapped etc. to set it all up and get the boquets first day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

OpenElec 7.0 beta if anyone wants to try it.... http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/176-beta-openelec-7-0-beta-1-released

I'll try that so.

I take it you scanned first and mapped etc. to set it all up and get the boquets first day?

i think i went to the bouquets later, the reason i told you to try that first was for you to get it working, once you get some idea what's going on it's easy

later i actually deleted everything and started again, adding the bouqets first then scanning

SmallBalls wrote: »

i'm thinking of trying android on it, openelec freezes a bit for me, have to kill power to get it back, pain in the ass

SmallBalls wrote: »

Maybe she'll really like it with the upgrade to Kodi 17 :D

i think i went to the bouquets later, the reason i told you to try that first was for you to get it working, once you get some idea what's going on it's easy

later i actually deleted everything and started again, adding the bouqets first then scanning

Getting there now, looks like the right order kind of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n9ncnedug8yar8/Screenshot%202016-03-21%2021.29.52.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dtpujdonwe8rqx/Screenshot%202016-03-21%2021.29.13.png?dl=0

How did you add the bouquet without adding the channel?

yeah that's it now, not sure it matters but you could use a different bouquet for ireland not that commercial one, there's a hd one if you've that or swap the channels yourself
    also you could have 2 or more channels with the same number if you want & they'll appear in the list beside each other, just make sure both are on the same tag

see i had about 1500 channels showing up so deleted everything & just tried that first + it worked, then scanned & ended up with about 700

Maybe she'll really like it with the upgrade to Kodi 17 :D

Openelec 7 uses Kodi 16.1 RC1 as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

tommycahir wrote: »
    I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

Great guide. Currently added it to my favourites. Gonna give it all a bash in hte next couple of days. If anything dosnt make sense I will send you a mail .
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

wow thats fantastic, well done. That should help anyone get started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Very good Tommy
    Well put together
    Are both tuners working on this image
    For recording

GY A1 wrote: »
    Very good Tommy
    Well put together
    Are both tuners working on this image
    For recording

I am using the image from 11 Feb and both tuners are working on that for me, haven't upgraded to latest versions since as this is working perfectly for me as it is.. :)

Great work Tommy.

I'm currently using the pre-configured pbnigma image that quite a few people here have downloaded. Will definitely have a go at learning to do the configuration myself with these instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Has that topic been removed Tommy?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Has that topic been removed Tommy?

Nope still there, am looking at it now, think the forum was offline for a while last night for some reason -> http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

OK guys some updates to the guide from yesterday and today

24/Mar - Added backup and recovery details, alternative mSD card imagers and mount HDD and set timers options
    23/Mar - Added details on accessing wetek TV channels on other devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

dodzy wrote: »
    No. You need to get the files onto MSD first and then flash to NAND.

Here are the files. Just unpack them to MSD and follow the youtube tutorial in the 2nd link.

files:

https://mega.nz/#!YFkCUAZD!NUkYzYdtu...wgOUkVm97dRPlI

Instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTCmnM-7KE

If anyone has issues downloading the required files ( download through you browser when prompted with the choice ), I can pop them up on dropbox.

Just let me know.

Good to see you got sorted with Enigma GY A1;)
    dodzy,
    I followed those instructions from the youtube video, definitely think that is the way to go for noobies!
    It seems there is a update to Wetek OS 1.1.7 .
    So download Wetek OS 1.1.6 from https://wetek.com/downloads/
    and upon installation you're prompted for an update to 1.1.7

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27205/wetek-os-1-1-7-for-wetek-play-14-03-2016

Advertisement