Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Batesy wrote: »
    Openelec is just and sleek OS that runs Kodi.

thank you so you box is the new model ya? (ill pm you after a few days of research!, if i decide on wetek and its still for sale)
    im looking at another box that runs VidOn isntead of Openelec, Looks better for 3d files and HD Audio files.Not sure how openelec or WETEK boxes preform on those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Hi lads are they any settings on the box to improve streams.

A lot of stuff plays perfectly but a few hd streams play in slow motion and as a result the sound is out of sync,

The same streams which stream in slow motion stream perfectly on my tablet, possibly could be the box not able to handle the stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Box can play everything I throw at it.

1080p streams are spot on.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Box can play everything I throw at it.

1080p streams are spot on.

Thanks rossie, not sure what's going on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Thanks rossie, not sure what's going on here

In Kodi, openelec, or in general?

Try MX Player from the play store for Android, a new rom or reinstall openelec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Trevord wrote: »
    Yes I have been trying the power button on the remote. As I said it worked the first few times but not afterwards. I might try a different microsd card.

I cant remember the power on/off button of the remote ever working with PBnigma. I put my box into stand by using the bottom button of the circle of buttons with the four squares on it. I turn it by pressing the button on the box or by using Webif.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

branners69 wrote: »
    I cant remember the power on/off button of the remote ever working with PBnigma. I put my box into stand by using the bottom button of the circle of buttons with the four squares on it. I turn it by pressing the button on the box or by using Webif.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

For me all buttons work using the Openelec remote, I followed the guide posted a few pages back by tommycahir

not sure what remote you are using so below assume enigma2 one,
    if using openelec on then you need to use the Openelec remote from Menu->setup->system->RCU Select and the hwtest keymap from setup->system->keymap

Note the Keymap in my configuration shows the name ELEChwtest not hwtest

nava wrote: »
    For me all buttons work using the Openelec remote, I followed the guide posted a few pages back by tommycahir

Fairplay to you and to Tommy Cahir for the guide because that works perfectly! Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Thanks for the guide tommycahir nice one.

Is there a way to run PBNigma directly from the wetek instead of using a mSD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

logistic wrote: »
    Thanks for the guide tommycahir nice one.

Is there a way to run PBNigma directly from the wetek instead of using a an mSD?

Nope, only openpli have made nand version so far.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Allyall wrote: »
    In Kodi, openelec, or in general?

Try MX Player from the play store for Android, a new rom or reinstall openelec.

Ye I am using openelec, flashed android initially but I was only using kodi so I switched back to openelec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyway to get Netflix on openelec, all I've done is install ares wizard and the beast build, want to be be able to get all the cloud channels and Netflix app, have a sky sub at the moment so not worried about tuning in channels through the dish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Got the picons working with tvheadend.

Settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxw12l6foni2p43/Screenshot%202016-04-04%2022.29.49.png?dl=0

Downloaded from here:

https://picons.xyz/

EPG is a bit slow and buggy all right, wondering is there a better source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

tommycahir wrote: »
    I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

Thanks for your guide as without it I would have been lost. I managed to add picons using the following.

I took the picons from here
    and loaded them into root\usr\share\enigma2\picon. They have a nice blue background.
    I used 7-zip to extract them.

Change the picon path to usr\share\enigma2
    Go to menu/setup/system/picon path

They are not perfect but good enough for me. I installed Rats updater plugin but I am not sure if it works.

Edit: I only just saw GaryCocs post. His source might even be better and possibly allow for a plugin along the lines of Rats. Some genius with time could possibly edit it for such. I used 7-zip to have a look and I can't see why it wouldn't be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

bromley52 wrote: »
    Thanks for your guide as without it I would have been lost. I managed to add picons using the following.

I took the picons from here
    and loaded them into root\usr\share\enigma2\picon. They have a nice blue background.
    I used 7-zip to extract them.

Change the picon path to usr\share\enigma2
    Go to menu/setup/system/picon path

They are not perfect but good enough for me. I installed Rats updater plugin but I am not sure if it works.

Edit: I only just saw GaryCocs post. His source might even be better and possibly allow for a plugin along the lines of Rats. Some genius with time could possibly edit it for such. I used 7-zip to have a look and I can't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Thanks mate will look into that picon topic now, which skin were you using to get the picons showing?

• Advertisement

Thanks mate will look into that picon topic now, which skin were you using to get the picons showing?

Sorry I can't remember. I'm sure I just followed your guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone have any better source for EPG for TVheadend?

I am using the slyk-1-hd skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Anyone using openelec and finding the wetek constantly freezes. No way to reboot apart from pulling the plug.

Anyone using openelec and finding the wetek constantly freezes. No way to reboot apart from pulling the plug.

That could be a number of different things. It may be one of your addons. Try removing a few that you don't need and then remove one at a time until you get the culprit.
    Unless you've got a ton of stuff installed. In that case I'd wipe it and install what I needed one by one.

• Advertisement

That could be a number of different things. It may be one of your addons. Try removing a few that you don't need and then remove one at a time until you get the culprit.
    Unless you've got a ton of stuff installed. In that case I'd wipe it and install what I needed one by one.

Ill give that a go and wipe if necessary. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Anyone have any better source for EPG for TVheadend?

what do you use, opentv:sky uk?

yep, happens a good bit with me. are you using it for tv, with tvheadend etc. setup?
    i don't think it's any addons causing it, i think it's either tv or external hdd related

i must look at the crash logs sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

I'm on OpenELEC and I haven't had major freezing problems.
    Running tvheadend as a PVR backend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

niallb wrote: »
    I'm on OpenELEC and I haven't had major freezing problems.
    Running tvheadend as a PVR backend.

Same here. I'm wondering why people don't stick with Openelec. Can't see any major advantage to flashing images and it looks like most problems posted here are related to that.
    Had a few freezing problems initially but started again from scratch and built my set up slowly over time, just adding stuff I actually use. Reckon those early problems were conflicting Kodi add ons.

If you've used pbnigma, or any enigma2 image, it's just much better and easier to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

If you've used pbnigma, or any enigma2 image, it's just much better and easier to use.
    That's a matter of opinion only. Freezing is something you can measure. :D

There are plenty alternative skins for KODI which give you a sky style EPG if that's what you're looking for - Eminence works well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

Can someone recommend a USB DVB-T tuener that works out of the box with pbnigma..

I understand some of them need you to install driver support, not to hot on linux so if someone could confirm one that works easy that would be great!

Also a link to how i enable the adapter or does this simply work and integrate with epg etc..

Thanks for any help

Theduffer

I've heard that said a few times, but in what way is it better? I'm just curious to know if it would be worth the trouble considering the amount of hassle some people seem to be having with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Anyone using the all4 app on wetek/android?

I had this configuration working fine. As you loaded the app it would moan about the box being rooted and not being supported but that was only a pop up and the content played fine. When you allowed it to go further, it played the content.

But the app updated in recent times (last week - 10days i guess), and [only] since the update it refuses to stream anytthing saying you can't download (this, not using the download button - i'm just trying to stream).

Anyhow, has anyone any success with it currently or has it just 'advanced' to a point where it won't work with the WeTek as it is a rooted box??

Thanks.

It gives you a channel list, very similar to sky once you set it up that way.

The channels do not take 2-3 seconds to change.

It has a fully loaded EPG. Once set up.

It has kodi on the side. You have to enter and exit it.

Its absolutely perfect.

• Advertisement

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Anyone using the all4 app on wetek/android?

Anyhow, has anyone any success with it currently or has it just 'advanced' to a point where it won't work with the WeTek as it is a rooted box??

Thanks.
    I've not used this but I think it's also in Kodi and there are some apps available to trick other apps into thinking that a device isn't rooted.

For example - Hide My Root

I don't know if that one in particular will work, I've not tried it.

Its absolutely perfect.

I have all that with the Openelec, although I did notice the channels taking a couple of seconds to change but that doesn't bother me. Looking on YouTube, using enigma2 images looks way nicer but to be honest, it took me so long to get the set up I have working the way I want it that I'd be afraid to start messing around with flashing images as I know little about it. FOMO might get the better of me one of these days though :D

Its absolutely perfect.

I have to agree with this, especially the delay in changing the channels. That 2-3 seconds delay cracked me up!

When using Pbnigma I get the odd freeze when I am exiting out of Kodi but nothing too major! I can most times reboot the Wetek using a tablet or phone!

jakdublin wrote: »
    Same here. I'm wondering why people don't stick with Openelec. Can't see any major advantage to flashing images and it looks like most problems posted here are related to that.
    Had a few freezing problems initially but started again from scratch and built my set up slowly over time, just adding stuff I actually use. Reckon those early problems were conflicting Kodi add ons.

So are you still having the freezing issues? I'm still having them. I've only tvheadend,Oscam and exodus installed along with the stock kodi addons.

Also if I plug it in over night when I return the box is still on but the tv is showing no device input.

Have ordered the enigma remote so I will give e2 a whirl. What image are people using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

look back a couple pages,
    there was one linked by allyall for about 6 euro,
    its been posted loads now ;)
    theduffer wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Can someone recommend a USB DVB-T tuener that works out of the box with pbnigma..

I understand some of them need you to install driver support, not to hot on linux so if someone could confirm one that works easy that would be great!

Also a link to how i enable the adapter or does this simply work and integrate with epg etc..

Thanks for any help

Theduffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I've not used this but I think it's also in Kodi and there are some apps available to trick other apps into thinking that a device isn't rooted.

For example - Hide My Root

I don't know if that one in particular will work, I've not tried it.

Worked a treat. Thanks a mil.

So are you still having the freezing issues? I'm still having them. I've only tvheadend,Oscam and exodus installed along with the stock kodi addons.

Also if I plug it in over night when I return the box is still on but the tv is showing no device input.

Have ordered the enigma remote so I will give e2 a whirl. What image are people using?

No freezing now. I don't use Oscam. Maybe it's related to that. Be interested to hear how you get on with a new set up.

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Hi lads are they any settings on the box to improve streams.

A lot of stuff plays perfectly but a few hd streams play in slow motion and as a result the sound is out of sync,

The same streams which stream in slow motion stream perfectly on my tablet, possibly could be the box not able to handle the stream?

Just an update for anyone who may have experienced similar problem

Checked settings and changed the display from 720p to 1080p and turned back on the acceleration setting and streams in hd are working perfectly.

I remember seeing it in some thread before but the picture on TV3 seems to be in the wrong aspect ratio, does anybody know how to change it to "stretch" to fill the entire screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

I remember seeing it in some thread before but the picture on TV3 seems to be in the wrong aspect ratio, does anybody know how to change it to "stretch" to fill the entire screen?

Although it will affect all 4:3 ratio broadcasts you can change it in audio/video settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 thelynchs

Brilliant guide tommycahir.....big thanks from me pal ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Will streams play for any of you with hardware acceleration turned off?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Can anyone who has successfully got PBNigma + USB DVB-t adapter Realtek RTL2832U&R820T (or any other) working let me know what driver you installed, as Im struggling to get this going, the scanning fails when in service searching when I try..

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭sibersha

Has anyone had any joy using VU+ HD player on android phone or tablet?

Apparently you can watch channels from your box over your 3G/4G network remotely. So far I've downloaded the app but not have been able to connect to the box using PBNigma image.

sibersha wrote: »

Apparently you can watch channels from your box over your 3G/4G network remotely. So far I've downloaded the app but not have been able to connect to the box using PBNigma image.

have a look at my guide for some android apps that users have reported as working correctly, if you want to view over 3g/4g you will need to enable portforwarding on your router and configure the client app on phone/tablet to use the external network IP address rather than the internal one (eg 192.168.1.111)

• Advertisement

sibersha wrote: »
    have a look at my guide for some android apps that users have reported as working correctly, if you want to view over 3g/4g you will need to enable portforwarding on your router and configure the client app on phone/tablet to use the external network IP address rather than the internal one (eg 192.168.1.111)

If port forwarding I would restrict the IPs that can access your network as Enigma has little to no security built into it. This wouldn't work too well when using 3G/4G as the IP changes about every 5min. Another option to set restrictions would be to enable http streaming from the Wetek. I think there is a setting to require authentication over http.

Also instead of having to remember your external/public IP you could use a dynamic DNS. NOIP is one such free provider.

A player that I have been using with the Wetek is OTTplayer. It is available on many platforms such as Samsung TVs and I find the streaming via the LAN to be excellent. I have not setup or tried external streaming. As the Wetek has 2 tuners it is essentially multiroom.
    It is definitely not the easiest to set up and many parts are in Russian but Chrome comes in useful here. Once up and running I find it to be excellent.

bromley52 wrote: »
    If port forwarding I would restrict the IPs that can access your network as Enigma has little to no security built into it. This wouldn't work too well when using 3G/4G as the IP changes about every 5min. Another option to set restrictions would be to enable http streaming from the Wetek. I think there is a setting to require authentication over http.

Also instead of having to remember your external/public IP you could use a dynamic DNS. NOIP is one such free provider.

Thanks 2 points I had in my head but forgot to write up, Thanks for pointing them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Anyone having problems with the dual boot option on the Wetek?

Installed the update last week and it worked grand for a few days but now it just boots straight to the nand (android) without the option of selecting sd card (PBnigma).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

I had it was discussed earlier *1079 I eventually got mine back don,t use PBnigma now

• Advertisement
Advertisement