Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with the dual boot option on the Wetek?

Installed the update last week and it worked grand for a few days but now it just boots straight to the nand (android) without the option of selecting sd card (PBnigma).

Yes. Dual boot worked for a day or two but I haven't been able to get it to work since, despite using the patch that was brought out designed to fix it.

Others in the thread have reported that the patch resolved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Dual boot is still working for me.

I can now laugh at my previous post. As of about 2 hrs ago the Wetek will not boot into the Pbnigma image on the mSD card. It goes as far as the 1st screen with Wetek on it and then freezes. I can FTP and SSH into it but Pbnigma will not boot up.
    I was trying out remote streaming at the time and then all of a sudden nothing. I am wondering if I pushed it too far.

Wetek play on the NAND works fine.

Does anyone have any experience of this or even a possible solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Are people having this boot problem on the openelec (Orange light) or the play (blue light)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

We all got the openelec version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

RossieMan wrote: »
    We all got the openelec version.

Guessed that was the case, just needed to clarify because of some of the problems.

I wonder if some of the dual boot problems are being caused by people flashing the wrong version of Android into their openelec? I have both devices. The Play will not auto boot from sd card and the open elec does.

Edit. Both devices are flashed with Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

Hi Guys I got a new Wetek hybrid box today. Two questions I need some help on.

How do I set up to watch on a mobile device?

How do I set up USB? I plugged it in and pressed ok to record on it but it will not record for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

jayroyal wrote: »
    Hi Guys I got a new Wetek hybrid box today. Two questions I need some help on.

How do I set up to watch on a mobile device?

How do I set up USB? I plugged it in and pressed ok to record on it but it will not record for some reason.
    Are you using tvheadend? If so you can stream to mobile device using TVHclient.

Trevord wrote: »
    Yes. Dual boot worked for a day or two but I haven't been able to get it to work since, despite using the patch that was brought out designed to fix it.

Others in the thread have reported that the patch resolved it.

I reflashed openelec to nand in the end, having to hold power button to boot from SD was a joke unless the patch changed that? I was only booting to android once in a blue moon so made no sense for me to have to do that every time I switched the box on.

Annoying as there was nothing wrong with the old system of it booting from SD if the card was in :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

Booted PBnigma today and the Kodi option is no longer available? I am assuming it uninstalled automatically as I didnt remove it!

So it looks like I might need to dual boot, so can I dual boot pbnigma and Openelec. Or can you only dual boot if you have android installed to Nand?

Edit:

OK so just found Kodi Direct? Never heard of it until I found it! It seems handy, I have Kodi addons running but I can still stream sat channels to other devices. Anyone else using it? Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

WeTek @OpenELEC is now with 45% #discount until April 26th, using the coupon CW1604. bit.ly/openelecshop

https://twitter.com/wetekofficial/status/722113392056643584

Pretty much the same price as the group buy on here.. Great value assume they trying to shift stock ahead of the new models coming out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Oh for **** sakes, I'm after ordering one only an hour ago at full price :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

JohnK wrote: »
    Oh for **** sakes, I'm after ordering one only an hour ago at full price :mad:

Cancel, then re-order?

Doesnt seem to be anywhere to cancel that I can see and I suspect they'd have it shipped before they get around to canceling anything sent via a support request :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Doesnt seem to be anywhere to cancel that I can see and I suspect they'd have it shipped before they get around to canceling anything sent via a support request :(

Well if it was me, I'd certainly be sending an email asking for the new price, given that it has dropped so much, and that yours hasn't even shipped yet..

The least they could do would be to throw you in an enigma (e2) remote control, if you planned going down that route..

I've fired off an email, maybe something will come out of it but I'm not too optimistic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Folks how to get all the channels using cable ? Planning to buy dvb-t with offer on hand currently...thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

code is not valid for me.anyone else get this

code is not valid for me.anyone else get this

Code is still working, you must be doing something wrong.

• Advertisement

do i really need another though.so tempted as i already have 2

do i really need another though.so tempted as i already have 2

I have one and it is enough. I enjoyed setting it up but I think it needs more power so would be more interested in what their next products have to offer!

branners69 wrote: »
    I have one and it is enough. I enjoyed setting it up but I think it needs more power so would be more interested in what their next products have to offer!

dont think u can enough of these boxes especially for kids rooms.dead handy and they already know how to use it to watch tv shows and movies:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dont think u can enough of these boxes especially for kids rooms.dead handy and they already know how to use it to watch tv shows and movies:):)

If you just buy a 'normal' box for ~ €30 it will do the same, and you can send satellite feed to it from the first wetek.
    But at €55 it's probably a better option :)

Allyall wrote: »
    If you just buy a 'normal' box for ~ €30 it will do the same, and you can send satellite feed to it from the first wetek.
    But at €55 it's probably a better option :)

how can u send a satellete feed to it from the first wetek

how can u send a satellete feed to it from the first wetek

In Kodi live TV on the 2nd box. It's easy/straight forward enough, I'll see if there is a link anywhere as it's all above board.

• Advertisement

TVHeadend on the second 'normal' box.

nah dont need to do that ive it setup near perfect on both boxes with hd streams that dont buffer

nah dont need to do that ive it setup near perfect on both boxes with hd streams that dont buffer

I had changed it. It doesn't need to be TVHeadend, just kodi. There are a lot of different ways to do it.
    It's moot anyway if you're going for the wetek.:)

I had changed it. It doesn't need to be TVHeadend, just kodi. There are a lot of different ways to do it.
    It's moot anyway if you're going for the wetek.:)

cud u pm me with the way u have done this as it will come in very handy.easiest way if possable thanks

I have Minix android boxes in the two other rooms (streaming Sat channels from the Wetek!) which are much better for the kids to use with SB, Kodi and local harddrive. A different price bracket of course but to me if you want pure android, stick with an android only box.

As the six year old told the wife after she had used the Wetek, "I dont think much of that, he should have stuck with the Minix!" :rolleyes:

I've fired off an email, maybe something will come out of it but I'm not too optimistic.

Nice one, they cancelled the original order so I've been able to reorder with the code :D

• Advertisement

I have Minix android boxes in the two other rooms (streaming Sat channels from the Wetek!) which are much better for the kids to use with SB, Kodi and local harddrive. A different price bracket of course but to me if you want pure android, stick with an android only box.

As the six year old told the wife after she had used the Wetek, "I dont think much of that, he should have stuck with the Minix!" :rolleyes:

feck it just bought another.thats 3 now ill have...damn u wetek with this bargain

Has anyone tried LibreELEC on these? Just wondering which way wetek will go in the aftermath of that split.

Has anyone tried LibreELEC on these? Just wondering which way wetek will go in the aftermath of that split.

I'd imagine Wetek will stick with OpenELEC. They are after heavily sponsoring them for a fairly long time (almost like apartnership :rolleyes:), many speculating that was part of the reason for the split (Being denied in other corners). There were many other reasons anyway (Sraue taking it like ownership etc.) Although, with the speed expected of LibreELEC and how slow OpenELEC is, they could leave them behind.
    But for now, and I guess definitely for the Wetek Play/Openelec that they will stick with OpenELEC.

Booted PBnigma today and the Kodi option is no longer available? I am assuming it uninstalled automatically as I didnt remove it!

So it looks like I might need to dual boot, so can I dual boot pbnigma and Openelec. Or can you only dual boot if you have android installed to Nand?

Edit:

OK so just found Kodi Direct? Never heard of it until I found it! It seems handy, I have Kodi addons running but I can still stream sat channels to other devices. Anyone else using it? Any advice?

I posted this before but it got lost! I have been using Kodi Direct and it is pretty sh!t. What are others using for Kodi under PBnigma?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭sibersha

I used Tommychairs guide and have full Kodi 15.2 Isengard running on PBnigma image.
    Live streaming sports is touch and go but that's probably due to high demand when premier league games, etc. are on.
    Also can't seem to get Plexus working but apart from that all good, can play 1080 content via Exodus add-on flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Is there any way to update to Kodi 16 on the PBNigma image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No not currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks I'm going to have a bash at setting my Wetek (Sat Tuner) up over the weekend from scratch.

Can anyone recommend a suitable Memory Card with a high enough write speed?

Also is tommycahir guide the best to follow when setting up from fresh now? I haven't been reading this thread in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I've just experienced a weird one. Had 1.1.6 flashed to NAND and was using Wetek Theatre for Sat TV. Updated to 1.1.7, now no satellite channels are found. Duplicated exercise with 2nd box to rule out tuner issue and same problem. Blind scan or specific TP scanning returns zero channels. No issues with dish feed. I'm schtumped:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

dodzy wrote: »
    I've just experienced a weird one. Had 1.1.6 flashed to NAND and was using Wetek Theatre for Sat TV. Updated to 1.1.7, now no satellite channels are found. Duplicated exercise with 2nd box to rule out tuner issue and same problem. Blind scan or specific TP scanning returns zero channels. No issues with dish feed. I'm schtumped:(

I will try to dig out my channel database backup this evening. You can just import it and it should pull in all the channels for you!
    The black screen you are describing, something similar happened to me upon updating the OS, but when i imported the channel database backup, it pulled in all the channels. Don't understand it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Anyone have any pricing for the 2016 Wetek DVB and 4K Satellite Tuners?
    WeTek Play2 and WeTek Play2S
    [list]DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC Tuners available[/list]
    [list]AMLogic S905-H Revision C. [/list]
    [list]Mali-450MP Penta Core GPU/VPU (Penta=5)[/list]
    [list]8GB or 16GB eMMC 5.0 Flash memory - Samsung 1 or 2GB DDR3 RAM[/list]
    [list]Gigabit Ethernet and Dual Band B/G/N + AC WiFi for the 2S [/list]
    [list]BT 4.0 [/list]
    [list]HDMI 2.0 + S/PDIF Optical [/list]
    [list]Micro SD + USB2.0 (2 Internal + 2 External) [/list]

[list]Dual boot Android Lollipop 5.1.1 / OpenELEC, Ubuntu optional[/list]
    [list]Google Widevine Level 1 , Microsoft Playready + HDCP. [/list]
    [list]1080p DRM video streaming Apps such as Netflix (confirmation needed)[/list]
    [list]Dolby and DTS Licences[/list]
    [list]10-bit 4K@60Hz HEVC decoding.[/list]
    [list]HD Audio Passthrough[/list]
    [list]WeTek Play2 includes a IR Remote Control[/list]

WeTek Play2S additions:
    [list]mSATA connector for internal SSD[/list]
    [list]6-Axis IR/RF Remote control, with Keyboard, Microphone and Headphone jack. [/list]
    [list]IR Learning remote function[/list]
    [list]Smart Card reader[/list]

Source: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263373

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Folks I'm going to have a bash at setting my Wetek (Sat Tuner) up over the weekend from scratch.

Can anyone recommend a suitable Memory Card with a high enough write speed?

Also is tommycahir guide the best to follow when setting up from fresh now? I haven't been reading this thread in the last few weeks.

In regards what mSD card to use, it doesn't seem to matter once it is not a knock off one, I have used an 8GB PNY class 10 UHS from currys for €8 and works perfectly for me (this is not my main box and used in bedroom), others have used samsung pro evo cards and recommend them.

my guide will allow you to set-up pbnigma (which seems to be the route your going from asking with mSD cards) it is not perfect and I'm open to feedback but once you have setup pbnigma then you should be able to follow similar steps on setting up openatv or openpli.

if you are going for tvheadend setupo then i think there is a guide on sattvhelp forum which might help.

Anyone have any pricing for the 2016 Wetek DVB and 4K Satellite Tuners?
    WeTek Play2 and WeTek Play2S
    [LIST]
    [*]DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC Tuners available
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]AMLogic S905-H Revision C.
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Mali-450MP Penta Core GPU/VPU (Penta=5)
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]8GB or 16GB eMMC 5.0 Flash memory - Samsung 1 or 2GB DDR3 RAM
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Gigabit Ethernet and Dual Band B/G/N + AC WiFi for the 2S
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]BT 4.0
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]HDMI 2.0 + S/PDIF Optical
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Micro SD + USB2.0 (2 Internal + 2 External)
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Dual boot Android Lollipop 5.1.1 / OpenELEC, Ubuntu optional
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Google Widevine Level 1 , Microsoft Playready + HDCP.
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]1080p DRM video streaming Apps such as Netflix (confirmation needed)
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Dolby and DTS Licences
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]10-bit 4K@60Hz HEVC decoding.
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]HD Audio Passthrough
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]WeTek Play2 includes a IR Remote Control
    [/LIST]

WeTek Play2S additions:
    [LIST]
    [*]mSATA connector for internal SSD
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]6-Axis IR/RF Remote control, with Keyboard, Microphone and Headphone jack.
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]IR Learning remote function
    [/LIST]

[LIST]
    [*]Smart Card reader
    [/LIST]

Source: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263373

No price has been released from wetek yet for any of these, the following leaflet goes into more detail on all their new range for anybody interested
    https://issuu.com/wetek/docs/leaflet_online6?e=23926481/34014092

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Just started using the 10 Euro specific remote for the pbnigma image. Works well bar the red power button on remote does not seem to power the box on from deep standby ( red to orange). The box (on the other side of the room) has to be manually switched on by hand. Not a major thing but slightly awkward.

Is this the case for everyone using this I wonder?

Just started using the 10 Euro specific remote for the pbnigma image. Works well bar the red power button on remote does not seem to power the box on from deep standby ( red to orange). The box (on the other side of the room) has to be manually switched on by hand. Not a major thing but slightly awkward.

Is this the case for everyone using this I wonder?

Have you changed the RC settings to Enigma?

Did you buy it from Wetek?

tommycahir wrote: »
    No price has been released from wetek yet for any of these, the following leaflet goes into more detail on all their new range for anybody interested
    https://issuu.com/wetek/docs/leaflet_online6?e=23926481/34014092

Specs look pretty decent, so what prices are we guessing?

Have you changed the RC settings to Enigma?

Did you buy it from Wetek?

rc Settings set to enigma and bought it from wetek site.

rc Settings set to enigma and bought it from wetek site.

Did you change the Keymap?

What do you use when you go into Android or Openelec, the original remote?

Did you change the Keymap?

What do you use when you go into Android or Openelec, the original remote?

I dont use Android or openelec.

Basically from what I can see, the box can't be powered on from deep standby by the e2 remote power button. Regular standby is fine but deep standby - no .

• Advertisement

I dont use Android or openelec.

Basically from what I can see, the box can't be powered on from deep standby by the e2 remote power button. Regular standby is fine but deep standby - no .

I can confirm that I can power up my Wetek from deep standby using the power button on the e2 remote. I have Android on the NAND and pbnigma on an SD. I did go into the pbnigma settings and choose the e2 remote but I was able to do it even before doing that.

Advertisement