Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

bromley52 wrote: »
    I can confirm that I can power up my Wetek from deep standby using the power button on the e2 remote. I have Android on the NAND and pbnigma on an SD. I did go into the pbnigma settings and choose the e2 remote but I was able to do it even before doing that.

Tis an odd one, it will power from deep standby with the openelec remote that came with the box but not with e2 that I bought separately. I have openelec on the NAND but always boot straight to pbnigma from the SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looking at Tommychairs guide - do you have to scan for channels first before installing/configuring things like OSCAM, EPG, autobouquets, and skins or can you do all that then scan for channels afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

JohnK wrote: »
    Looking at Tommychairs guide - do you have to scan for channels first before installing/configuring things like OSCAM, EPG, autobouquets, and skins or can you do all that then scan for channels afterwards?

Ideally yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

As GY A1 said ideally yes as especially for likes of autobouquet but if you really wanted to you can install oscam and skins without the channels scanned and have no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Is there a setting on the slyk skin to use the up/down button to move though the channels without losing full screen?

Had been running openelec until now but just installed pbnigma on msd and like the set up so far. Pbnigma seems to do everything that openelec does without the need for tvheadend. Is there any advantages of using tvheadend? Need to set up a box for a mate who wouldn't be very tech savvy so I think ill go with pbnigma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

tommycahir wrote: »
    I'm currently putting together a guide on setting up pbnigma on a msd card on the following forum, if that is the route you are taking any feedback on the guide would be appreciated as it is currently a work in progress.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499

Great guide tommy. Total noob but guide is very easy to follow. Just got stuck at one part and it may be useful to add to your guide. If you do not have a config_oscam folder one need to be created. I wasted hours putting the files in the config folder. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

Has anyone made a backup of their PBnigma msd? I backed up my 32gb card and the image was 32gb. Even compressed it is 11gb, anyway to make it smaller?

There was a 16gb image doing the rounds which was compressed down to 2gb, anyone know how they managed that?

Great guide tommy. Total noob but guide is very easy to follow. Just got stuck at one part and it may be useful to add to your guide. If you do not have a config_oscam folder one need to be created. I wasted hours putting the files in the config folder. Thanks.

Thanks glad you found it useful, I'll try add some clarity to that section in the next few days.

Is there a setting on the slyk skin to use the up/down button to move though the channels without losing full screen?

Had been running openelec until now but just installed pbnigma on msd and like the set up so far. Pbnigma seems to do everything that openelec does without the need for tvheadend. Is there any advantages of using tvheadend? Need to set up a box for a mate who wouldn't be very tech savvy so I think ill go with pbnigma.

No setting directly in slyk1 skin you would need to create a custom keymap to achieve that from what I understand..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

branners69 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a backup of their PBnigma msd? I backed up my 32gb card and the image was 32gb. Even compressed it is 11gb, anyway to make it smaller?

There was a 16gb image doing the rounds which was compressed down to 2gb, anyone know how they managed that?

The original size of the image just depends on the card used. I have a 8GB card and my image is 7.8GB. I used 7-zip and reduced the size to 307MB using the ultra compression setting. I don't know if doing that introduces the possibility of errors on expansion.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    The original size of the image just depends on the card used. I have a 8GB card and my image is 7.8GB. I used 7-zip and reduced the size to 307MB using the ultra compression setting. I don't know if doing that introduces the possibility of errors on expansion.

My card is 32gb with 24gb for storage. I was wondering if there was a way to back up the 8gb which has the system files and to ignore the 24gb of storage? I see there is an option within PBnigma to backup, I might try it to see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone have a good bouquet recommendation for sky ireland on tvheadend? one I'm using just moved RTE to 201 for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Development on E2 seems to have completely stopped lately. Might be time to get something a little more active.

Has anyone had an issue where the box doesn't seem to have any power? Just want to check if I'm missing anything stupidly simple before trying to RMA it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Has anyone had an issue where the box doesn't seem to have any power? Just want to check if I'm missing anything stupidly simple before trying to RMA it.

Had a similar problem after flashing an update to my first device. It came back on after the flash but locked up before it finished. I unplugged it and it wouldnt switch on anymore. Tried every suggestion to fix but no good. Got it replaced in the end, their service is very good but you may have to prompt them a few times before the right department replies.

Ok, so it seems my problem was a bad power block; I've found a different one to use and its booting up now but wont boot from the SD card so I'm stuck in kodi - I've tried reformatting the card and writing the image again with Roadkil but keeps going back into kodi. Anyone got any ideas? Its the card I ordered with the box so I'd assume it shouldn't be a compatibility thing.

Ok, so it seems my problem was a bad power block; I've found a different one to use and its booting up now but wont boot from the SD card so I'm stuck in kodi - I've tried reformatting the card and writing the image again with Roadkil but keeps going back into kodi. Anyone got any ideas? Its the card I ordered with the box so I'd assume it shouldn't be a compatibility thing.

I would definitely try a different card in case the one you received with the box is damaged.

Yeah I'll try another card although if the card itself was damaged I'd have expected the write to fail as well.

Yeah I'll try another card although if the card itself was damaged I'd have expected the write to fail as well.

What image are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Is it giving you a black screen or does it boot straight into Openelec all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Hi,

Bought the openelec box a month ago but only took it out of the packaging at the weekend.

Not sure if I can mention this so if not apologies.

I've trying to add SALTS and Exodus and have added from zip but when I try to add from repo nothing happens. I've tried checking for updates and refreshing as suggested on various websites but still nothing. For what its worth I've installed another add on from a repo with no problems.

Any ideas of what I can do to get these running?

• Advertisement

Reinstall openelec. Sounds like it might be the problem. You could try using one of the Jarvis builds, I find these much more stable.

What image are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Is it giving you a black screen or does it boot straight into Openelec all the time?

Its the PBNigma image from tommycahir's guide and it just goes straight into Openelec/Kodi. Doesnt appear to have any difference from what I see on screen if I reboot the box with or without the sd card in it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Reinstall openelec. Sounds like it might be the problem. You could try using one of the Jarvis builds, I find these much more stable.
    Add your reply here.
    Thanks. Link to Jarvis?

Its the PBNigma image from tommycahir's guide and it just goes straight into Openelec/Kodi. Doesnt appear to have any difference from what I see on screen if I reboot the box with or without the sd card in it.

Well this is interesting, I bought a new card and no luck with that either but then I tried Win32DiskImager instead of Roadkil to write the same image and it worked with the original card. Now if only I had a satalite dish so I could actually set it up :pac:

Ok so have salts exodus and channel1 set up but now can't link my real debrid account. How can I set up a web browser in order to access the url and enter the code without leaving the add on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

tonc76 wrote: »
    Ok so have salts exodus and channel1 set up but now can't link my real debrid account. How can I set up a web browser in order to access the url and enter the code without leaving the add on?

Do that on your phone or tablet, pc even

wiz569 wrote: »

Do that on your phone or tablet, pc even
    Thanks for that and apologies if this is a stupid question but would I need to set up a home network if I do that on pc or phone?

Thanks for that and apologies if this is a stupid question but would I need to set up a home network if I do that on pc or phone?

No m8,when asked by real-debrid or SALTS to authorise them just go to the web address it gives using your pc or phone/tablet etc,then follow the instructions when you get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭sibersha

wiz569 wrote: »
    No m8,when asked by real-debrid or SALTS to authorise them just go to the web address it gives using your pc or phone/tablet etc,then follow the instructions when you get there :)

Does the Real debris activation process not just verify the particular device you are registering from via its Mac address?

• Advertisement

sibersha wrote: »
    Does the Real debris activation process not just verify the particular device you are registering from via its Mac address?

No it registers the device you are using the real-debrid account on,I have my account registered on 4 different devices all done from my pc/phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

Having problems getting dvb-t dongle with RTL2832U chip working with E2 images. I can download the driver on pbnigma and openpli, detects it fine but the terrestrial scan fails every time. It will not even scan, it says error failed to scan or something similar. Tried complete, pre configured etc options but still fails.It works fine with openelec but I would like to setup box with enigma for a friend with just TV. I have seen others who say it works for them but I cannot get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

mayto wrote: »
    Having problems getting dvb-t dongle with RTL2832U chip working with E2 images. I can download the driver on pbnigma and openpli, detects it fine but the terrestrial scan fails every time. It will not even scan, it says error failed to scan or something similar. Tried complete, pre configured etc options but still fails.It works fine with openelec but I would like to setup box with enigma for a friend with just TV. I have seen others who say it works for them but I cannot get it to work.

I have the same issue. Not sure if anyone has that dvb-t dongle working on e2 image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

theduffer wrote: »
    I have the same issue. Not sure if anyone has that dvb-t dongle working on e2 image

OK thanks for that. Will have to be openelec for now so.

Hi Guys

I have updated my guide to include a new section for advanced usage (towards the bottom) looking at how to add IPTV to the bouquets, use EPG data for the IPTV channels and some info on using plex on enigma2.

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=499&p=2458#p2458

Updated my box to openatv nand, and wow, what a difference. A completely different experience than on the msd. It's so much smoother and almost no freezes. I am coming from pbnigma.

• Advertisement

Updated my box to openatv nand, and wow, what a difference. A completely different experience than on the msd. It's so much smoother and almost no freezes. I am coming from pbnigma.

I have Openelec on nand which I never use and recently I have been experiencing daily freezes with PBnigma on msd.

So I would be very interested in trying Openatv, do you have a guide or a link to get me started? Thanks

No guide, links are on the official wetek forum.

Fairly similar to pbnigma. Exact same setup for me, few things in different places but easy to find.

Hi Guys

I have updated my guide to include a new section for advanced usage (towards the bottom) looking at how to add IPTV to the bouquets, use EPG data for the IPTV channels and some info on using plex on enigma2.

Fairplay for that Tommycahir, I had a play around with the IPTV bouquets last night! Is there anything this little box cant do!

Not too sure if I will use it, but nice to get it working!

Fairplay for that Tommycahir, I had a play around with the IPTV bouquets last night! Is there anything this little box cant do!

Not too sure if I will use it, but nice to get it working!

Not sure I will use it either but is a handy way of getting HD channels streamed if needed.

I only gripe with the box is that it was never designed to run enigma2 images so they are not as stable as dedicated receivers but still grand for the spare room etc, very versatile box but but really wish that the E2 side of things was more mature and stable such as the latest cheapo box people are raving about the unibox venton eco+.

I have added links to IPTV sites in advanced section if some sources are needed for testing the last updates I put into the guide and I have also updated with the new FTP password for image version 5.3 onwards

• Advertisement

No guide, links are on the official wetek forum.

Fairly similar to pbnigma. Exact same setup for me, few things in different places but easy to find.

Yeah the setup is almost identical but the options in the main menu are different, I liked openatv and was the 1st image I used but had alot of issues with it when streaming to other devices such as ipad and kodi.
    It also doesn't get as many updates and fixes as the pbnigma images.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭sibersha

Hi Guys

I was having issues using an FTP client, but noticed the Wetek was available to access and edit in windows explorer via My Computer under Network Locations.

I was able to edit any folders, files, etc. from the Wetek as you would on your hard drive.

OK been digging around for some research on my next box and came across this tutorial on how to fix the infinite scrolling issue on the openelec wetek remote, it also allows you to use a USB stick internally for recording purposes.

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/6274/tutorial-how-to-remove-rf-unit-from-wetek

OK been digging around for some research on my next box and came across this tutorial on how to fix the infinite scrolling issue on the openelec wetek remote, it also allows you to use a USB stick internally for recording purposes.

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/6274/tutorial-how-to-remove-rf-unit-from-wetek

Let us know what you decide for your new box. We can look into another group buy!

Did I not read somewhere that you can put the internal USB dongle in the side USB port and the remote will work perfectly. Something about the side port being more powerful?

Personally, I just bought an Enigma remote for €10 delivered from Wetek and it has worked perfectly.

Let us know what you decide for your new box. We can look into another group buy!

Did I not read somewhere that you can put the internal USB dongle in the side USB port and the remote will work perfectly. Something about the side port being more powerful?

Personally, I just bought an Enigma remote for €10 delivered from Wetek and it has worked perfectly.

I doubt there would be many looking for a group buy like the gigablue quad+ HD box or Miraclebox Premium Twin+ tbh ;)
    If anybody is interested in moving to the next level for relatively small investment then I have been hearing alot of good things about the Unibox Venton eco+ box for £100 most of the guys that were using the wetek boxes back in Oct/Nov timeframe have also been raving about them, another cheap option is the Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 for £100 aswell.

not sure on the side port being more powerful but that is a possibility alright.

I bought the enigma remote aswell just not gone on the layout of it and doesn't feel a sturdy as the openelec one

I doubt there would be many looking for a group buy like the gigablue quad+ HD box or Miraclebox Premium Twin+ tbh ;)

I was looking at the gigablue quad, but at €400 it will have to wait!
    If anybody is interested in moving to the next level for relatively small investment then I have been hearing alot of good things about the Unibox Venton eco+ box for £100 most of the guys that were using the wetek boxes back in Oct/Nov timeframe have also been raving about them, another cheap option is the Edision OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 for £100 aswell.

not sure on the side port being more powerful but that is a possibility alright.

I bought the enigma remote aswell just not gone on the layout of it and doesn't feel a sturdy as the openelec one

The Venton is what vdubt25 was using in the tutorial and it looked slick, might be worth selling on my Wetek for one!

I agree about the remote, very easy to get lost down the side of the couch! Will need the Sky Q trick that you press a button on the box and the remote beeps. Either that or I try and get my Harmony One working with it!

A new NAND version of PBnigma has been launched, not much feedback on it so use with caution..

WetekPlay/Pbnigma-Nand 18.05.2016

http://pb-download.com/images/5.3/wetekplay/

How to:
    - copy the files in this folder (NOT the folder) to FAT32 formatted micro SD card.
    - power off WetekPlay
    - insert the micro SD card
    - press and hold RESET hole on the lower side of the box. Use toothpick or Wetek Reset Tool
    - while still holding reset, power on the box
    - wait until android update animated logo appears, release reset

Notes:
    - the image contains the latest bootloader. If you wish to preserve, for some reason, the old u-boot
    bootloader, please seek the other version of PBnigma NAND version.
    - Kodi is not included in the image, can be downloaded separately

Thanks PB team...

A new NAND version of PBnigma has been launched, not much feedback on it so use with caution..

I wonder is there a way to export your current image to a file and then when you have PB installed on NAND that you could restore from the file?

I dont fancy having to do everything from scratch again.

I wonder is there a way to export your current image to a file and then when you have PB installed on NAND that you could restore from the file?

I dont fancy having to do everything from scratch again.

There is a backup and restore option in the set-up menu but I have not had the time to play around with it yet. It seems to allow a backup of the files and folders rather than a complete msd card copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

Upgraded to openelec 7 on one of the boxes and it looks like tvheaend isn't available yet. Giving Vdr a go. Just wondering if anyone has a channels.conf for sky for it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement