Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Autobouquetse2 is available in the plugins downloads menu and works fine.

have u tried it and no crash
    is image any better than pbnigma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

GY A1 wrote: »
    have u tried it and no crash

Yes, ran it numerous times now and not a single crash. I've always found ABM a little more problematic on various boxes/images so I always use autobouquetse2.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Is there much difference between the Wetek Pay and Wetek Core? and which would be the better?

iPhone. wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the Wetek Pay and Wetek Core? and which would be the better?

Wetek core doesn't have tv tuners
    So depends what u want

GY A1 wrote: »
    Wetek core doesn't have tv tuners
    So depends what u want

Ah grand, thanks.

Core wouldn't be much use to me at the moment then.

I saw in a review of the Play somewhere that it comes with a one year subscription to updates and after that you have to pay for subsequent updates, what's that all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Waiting on delivery of one of these - but quick one for ye - what do people recommend?

Small Micro SD + USB Hard Drive for recordings

Or

Large Capacity Class 10 Micro SD for all

Any advantage to one or the other? Was just going to pick up a cheap and cheerful 8GB Class 10 Micro SD card and then plug in a external HDD but any advantage in doing the latter?

ya use

Basq wrote: »
    Waiting on delivery of one of these - but quick one for ye - what do people recommend?

Or

Large Capacity Class 10 Micro SD for all

Any advantage to one or the other? Was just going to pick up a cheap and cheerful 8GB Class 10 Micro SD card and then plug in a external HDD but any advantage in doing the latter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

GY A1 wrote:
    ya use Small Micro SD + USB Hard Drive for recordings

Why do you need to use two storage devices? Would the hard drive or SD card alone not be enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

No reason that i'm aware of why you cannot just use a large SD card,PBnimga image creates a virtual partition /media/uSDetra which can be used for recording,I have only tested with an 8GB card and it gives you just over 5GB to use in the above partition,presumably its more if the card is bigger

• Advertisement

If you go the Ext USB HDD route for recording and leave the Micro SD for booting various OS options is what I imagine might be handiest.

iPhone. wrote: »
    If you go the Ext USB HDD route for recording and leave the Micro SD for booting various OS options is what I imagine might be handiest.

You cannot boot multiple OS from the same card unfortunately,need a different card for each one

Thanks all..

.. also, would a 4GB microSD be enough or would 8GB be safer?

Seeing a Kingston 4GB for about €4, or a PNY 8GB for €8.

Both Class 10.

Thanks all..

.. also, would a 4GB microSD be enough or would 8GB be safer?

Seeing a Kingston 4GB for about €4, or a PNY 8GB for €8.

Both Class 10.
    For loading an OS 2gb would even be big enough, but for using as a HDD the bigger the better >320gb for handyness sake.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    For loading an OS 2gb would even be big enough, but for using as a HDD the bigger the better >320gb for handyness sake.

Yeah, planning a chunky HDD alright.. but just wondered is there any real advantage in going for a larger microSD.

Yeah, planning a chunky HDD alright.. but just wondered is there any real advantage in going for a larger microSD.

No none at all as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Less moving parts maybe,but if you plan on doing a lot of recording then the separate HDD is probably a better option or a large USB stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone get recording sorted on pbenigma? Mine freezes when I try to stop any recording, bit of a disaster.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone get recording sorted on pbenigma? Mine freezes when I try to stop any recording, bit of a disaster.

Yep having a play around to try sort it,will post back if I get it,

I thought I had it working the other day tbh but I have updated the image since

What remote are you using m8?

Its working here now ,using either the original openelec remote and the wetek E2 remote,although it does freeze for about 2-3 secs when i manually stop recording

Using the engima2 remote. How have you the tuners set up? Mine completely freezes, think it's something to do with the way I've tuner b configured.

• Advertisement

Using the engima2 remote. How have you the tuners set up? Mine completely freezes, think it's something to do with the way I've tuner b configured.

What settings have u tuner b/2

I'm only using one tuner m8,the other is set to loop through

Just tried it set to Equal to Tuner A and no freeze at all,so deffo tuner setting problem m8

Simple -> astra 28.2.

Have tried pretty much all the settings but haven't quiet managed to sort it.

Simple -> astra 28.2.

Have tried pretty much all the settings but haven't quiet managed to sort it.

If you are using 2 feeds try setting it to "Equal to Tuner A"

Did you get your EPG sorted?

Anyone know of an alternative scraper to TVDB ? It's been very unreliable of late.

I'll give that a go, cheers.

Yes got crossepg working in the end.
    Running perfectly apart from the tuners.

Anyone any good tips for tuning in a satellite dish without a signal finder?

Is it just a case of myself aligning the dish with someone in at the TV and shouting back and forth when the signal improves?

How will I know if I have fine tuned this as best a possible or is this a nightmare to do without a satellite finder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is it just a case of myself aligning the dish with someone in at the TV and shouting back and forth when the signal improves?

How will I know if I have fine tuned this as best a possible or is this a nightmare to do without a satellite finder?

GAHH!!!
    Posting this was a nightmare. Boards still getting hit according to that map.

You can download a few Satellite Finder apps on most smartphones (Android, iPhone, Windows, Blackberry and Ubuntu all have them).

They are less than a euro with cable coming from China, but can be bought for ~ €10 in Ireland handy to have if it comes loose for any reason.
    Adverts? - http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_satellite+finder/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Where are you based Glen ?

Some tips:

1. Are there any sky dishes on neighbours houses to get a rough guide from ?
    2. Look at dishpointer.com. Great site. Just bang in your address and choose Astra 28.2E and GO. In addition, free iOS app 'Dish align' might help further.
    3. Iphone compass - approx 141 degrees.
    4. The standard eliptical sky dish should be vertical (approx) from top to bottom. Use a spirit level.
    5. In the absence of a meter, a collleague relaying signal status from below will help but just be careful that you wait between adjustments and make them minor. There is only a small window of capture.
    6. The LNB needs to be skewed slightly for best performance but you can address this after sat acquisition.
    If you're still stuck, and not too far from D15, give us a shout as I've a meter and have done this quite a bit ;)

dodzy wrote: »
    Where are you based Glen ?

Some tips:

1. Are there any sky dishes on neighbours houses to get a rough guide from ?
    2. Look at dishpointer.com. Great site. Just bang in your address and choose Astra 28.2E and GO. In addition, free iOS app 'Dish align' might help further.
    3. Iphone compass - approx 141 degrees.
    4. The standard eliptical sky dish should be vertical (approx) from top to bottom. Use a spirit level.
    5. In the absence of a meter, a collleague relaying signal status from below will help but just be careful that you wait between adjustments and make them minor. There is only a small window of capture.
    6. The LNB needs to be skewed slightly for best performance but you can address this after sat acquisition.
    If you're still stuck, and not too far from D15, give us a shout as I've a meter and have done this quite a bit ;)

Cheers dodzy, Im actually based in Finglas Dublin 11.

There is a dish directly above where I will be placing mine so I should be able to get the direction 90% correct by matching the alignment of the one above so it should be just fine tuning left to do, although that maybe more difficult than it sounds. Ive had a look at dishpointer.com and its given me the details below:

Address: finglas, dublin
    Latitude: 53.3903°
    Longitude: -6.2984°

Satellite: 28.2E ASTRA 2A | ASTRA 2C | ASTRA 2D | ASTRA 2F
    Elevation: 21.3°
    Azimuth (true): 139.5°
    Azimuth (magn.): 143.0°

• Advertisement

Cheers dodzy, Im actually based in Finglas Dublin 11.

There is a dish directly above where I will be placing mine so I should be able to get the direction 90% correct by matching the alignment of the one above so it should be just fine tuning left to do, although that maybe more difficult than it sounds. Ive had a look at dishpointer.com and its given me the details below:

Address: finglas, dublin
    Latitude: 53.3903°
    Longitude: -6.2984°

Satellite: 28.2E ASTRA 2A | ASTRA 2C | ASTRA 2D | ASTRA 2F
    Elevation: 21.3°
    Azimuth (true): 139.5°
    Azimuth (magn.): 143.0°

You'll be grand so. Dont worry about anything on dishpointer if you are setting up directly below another dish, tha'll be the best help you could ask for. Out of interest, what property does the dish serve that's there already ? A neighbours ? I'll be in Finglas on Sunday with the folks. Let me know if you're stuck and i'll throw the meter in the car and set it up for you, but as I say, if you've an ounce of cop on, and assistance from below, you'll get it.

dodzy wrote: »
    You'll be grand so. Dont worry about anything on dishpointer if you are setting up directly below another dish, tha'll be the best help you could ask for. Out of interest, what property does the dish serve that's there already ? A neighbours ? I'll be in Finglas on Sunday with the folks. Let me know if you're stuck and i'll throw the meter in the car and set it up for you, but as I say, if you've an ounce of cop on, and assistance from below, you'll get it.

Thanks for the offer dodzy but I wont receive my sat box until Monday so I wont be able to do any tuning until later in the week as I still have to set up the Wetek Play which I am very much still hazy on...:confused:

Thanks for the offer dodzy but I wont receive my sat box until Monday so I wont be able to do any tuning until later in the week as I still have to set up the Wetek Play which I am very much still hazy on...:confused:

Tell you what, if you want to, mount the dish before Sunday, PM me your address, and i'll take care of the alignment on Sunday morning. Don't worry about not having the box on site.

That's what the meter is for ;)

Sorry guys search function doesn't appear to be working here, can someone link me to config for tvheadend for dvb-t for irish and uk channels please :o

Reset my box and can't find the one I used last time, also is it possible to combine IPTV and dvb in one list :confused:

I know when i was messing around with that a while back tvheadend would get disabled if I enabled simple iptv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Is it supposed to boot directly to Kodi or am I doing something wrong?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Is it supposed to boot directly to Kodi or am I doing something wrong?

Comes with Kodi installed on NAND so yes. If you want Android you will have to flash it to nand and then either boot kodi from within android by installing from the play store or from an SD card.

I flashed android to nand and am running kodi form SD but to be honest I can't remember the last time I actually used android.

Just turned mine on there and installed the black box build in kodi. Will this limit me or even prevent me setting up the satellite side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Just turned mine on there and installed the black box build in kodi. Will this limit me or even prevent me setting up the satellite side of things?

Would also like to know this, and also should the first thing to do be to update the openelec sw to version 6 through the system menu?

No it will not prevent you. It will just make following guided harder as it will not look the same, just change the skin back to confluence while following the video guides.

• Advertisement

Another question lads (I've about 20 of them), I've flashed openatv onto a msd card, do I need to put Enigma2 on the msd card aswel or is openatv actually Enigma2?

Also, does openvix work well on the wetek as I'm reading opinions that this is a better image to use? However most of the forums I've been reading people seem to be using openatv.

Openvix do not do an image for the wetek m8,

Make sure the images you do use are wetek versions and not the normal satellite box versions,

These images also need to be burned on to the SD card using Win32 DiskImager

Have a look here

http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/categories/enigma-2-images

Double post

Thanks mate.

What image would be best?

Thanks mate.

What image would be best?

I personally use PBnigma image m8

Openatv and pbenigma are the most common. I personally prefer the look of pbenigma, have mine fully set up just the way I like it.

• Advertisement

Great stuff lads. It's starting to become a bit clearer...

Plenty more questions but I don't wanna hog the thread...

Just drop me a pm and I'll see of I can help if you need anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

trying to configure tvheadend with oscam, jaysus

Etnies wrote: »
    trying to configure tvheadend with oscam, jaysus

Forum really needs a sticky with the settings, I messed up my install and started fresh last week and haven't been able to get back all the channels for DVB-T , I can get all the channels on one of the MUXs like 3e TV3 RTE2 etc but nothing on the other one that has RTE One and the UK stations , that fails every time at scanning , so if someone with a working dvb-t setup would be kind enough to post their settings, I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

has anyone had any issues when over Ethernet of the box causing network problems? I use an eircom eplug to go eth from router to the tv and when I connect the wetek my network essentially crashes. Issue does not happy when directly connected router to wetek. Just be interested to see. Wifi works well enough so was just wondering.

• Advertisement
Advertisement