Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for 13 year old boy

Options
  • 04-12-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting my nephew into Graphic Novels.

At 13, I was reading Battle Action, Tornado, Warlord and 2000AD .....

Was thinking maybe of starting him off somewhere but not sure where....

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

What kind of stuff is he into already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

You have many options.

The simplist one for this year is "Mark Millars Civil War" with the new cap movie coming out. It's the best call.

Same for the Superman\Batman books.
    I would suggest ",All Star Superman". Not sure where to go with the Batman books for a 13 year old.

Depending on his tastes and Parental allowances.
    Does his dig Horror, mystery,Fantasy or Adventure type things.

Can't really go Wrong with Walking dead. Kids love that show.

Something a bit more kiddie friendly are IDW's Transformer, Teenage Turtles lines.
    Marvels New Xmen, Spiderman various titles.

2000ad can be a little tougher. But the Dredd Casefiles should entertain him.
    The likes of Slaine,ABC warriors are all pretty books. But I feel they are pitching at an older fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

HE's not in to anything yet - I'm trying to be a cool uncle to start to de-nerd him.

I'll check those out markhall - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Marvel's new Star Wars cooks are great and could be a timely gift with the new movie. The regular Star Wars is a good read and the Darth Vader book is equally worth a look. Actually, Vader is shaping up to be my book of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

zoobizoo wrote: »
    HE's not in to anything yet - I'm trying to be a cool uncle to start to de-nerd him.

I was asking about his existing tastes so that a comic of a similar tone could be suggested. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Ah yeah - I must ask him some time...

Advertisement