Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Learning Centre false advertising

Options
  • 04-12-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Dear sirs/ ladies,
    I am in receipt of Invalidity pensions and I spotted a free course that would get me back in the work force as I am going stir crazy.
    I added up my out goings which allows me to have food to the tune of 25euro a week for food.
    Under further inspection I noticed that they give an allowance of 40 euros a week under the FAQ.
    I was delighted and sent off my forms ready to begin a new life.
    I rang the man in charge only to be informed that this is discontinued.
    My heart sank, would any of you kind people know where i could get an allowance, i wouldn't need much just enough to buy food and mayby pressies should the time arise for my nieces birthdays.
    I am already receiving food vouchers from saint vincents de paul until my rent allowance is fixed up.
    I have written to them expressing to remove the false advertising as it is not part of their policy.
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    thank you kind people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

MOD: As this thread is primarily about getting the allowance I've moved it from Consumer Issues to the Mature & Non-Traditional Students forum. The posters there may be best placed to assist your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyjnr

What page is it on please???

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyjnr

slimjimmc wrote: »
    MOD: As this thread is primarily about getting the allowance I've moved it from Consumer Issues to the Mature & Non-Traditional Students forum. The posters there may be best placed to assist your query.
    Could you please tell me what page it is on.
    Thanking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Paddy.
    It might be an idea for you to talk to Employment Services (previously FAS) or the Intreo staff in your area to see what funding options are there for education for you. To be honest the cutbacks in education funding usually means most peopledont get anyhting beyond their exisitng paym,ent however if you are on Invalidutyyou can do a fulltime PLC course at QQI level 5 / 6 or athird level course and get the SUSI grant however the downside is that this can reduce any rent supplement you get. You could also try the local adult guidance service. If they have an information officer they might be able to advise you further. Contact info for all AEGI services are here: http://www.ncge.ie/uploads/AEGI_Contacts_mar2014.pdf

Advertisement