Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware Reviews,Discussion etc

• 04-12-2015 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be a good place to put your thoughts on hardware.
    This is my view of the UD Bellus to date.
    Been using the Bellus for a couple of days now and it is a very good rta. It's not leak proof as some reviewers have stated but I found that if you let the wick well down into the juice channels it stops leaks also top fill with afc closed,after replacing cap turn it upside down and then open afc,no leaks. Place coils as close to posts as possible and plenty of cotton tight but moveable in the coil.
    Overall very happy with it and might just be a Goblin Mini killer :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Thought it might be a good place to put your thoughts on hardware.
    This is my view of the UD Bellus to date.
    Been using the Bellus for a couple of days now and it is a very good rta. It's not leak proof as some reviewers have stated but I found that if you let the wick well down into the juice channels it stops leaks also top fill with afc closed,after replacing cap turn it upside down and then open afc,no leaks. Place coils as close to posts as possible and plenty of cotton tight but moveable in the coil.
    Overall very happy with it and might just be a Goblin Mini killer :eek:

One reviewer did say that some parts of the Bellus does fit the Goblin mini,can't remember what parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

JLhXUI.jpg

Arrived yesterday from UK,ordered last Friday afternoon so thumbs up on delivery times from Alchemy UK.

gEF2sC.jpg

Well packaged with extras,spare tank,3 wide bore drip tips with holes in base of each to prevent spit back and increase clouds.Cleaning brush,some basic information and stickers.

y5fMqu.jpg

Build Quality piece of engineering,slick,smooth and looks good. No smell of oil but gave it a good rinse anyway.
    2 massive juice flow holes in coil that can be opened and closed.
    Top air flow control.
    I prefer it without the vape bands as they don't really do anything for the tank.

Performance It's a top fill that works easily,only takes 2ml of juice and it is a phenomenal juice guzzler. Chain vaping at 65W emptied the tank in just under 10 minutes so if your out and about with it make sure to have a supply of juice with you.
    There is an initial slight ramp up delay for the coil to heat,maybe a second or thereabouts. The coil is rated up to 120W but for me anything over 75W was beginning to feel too warm,65/70W is good for me.
    I'm not sure if the coil is SS or Kanthal so that would have to be checked before attempting TC.
    Initially I was disappointed with the flavour and cloud production,very mute but after 5/6 tanks of juice it has improved considerably so I suppose it needed that time to bed itself otherwise it was heading for the 'for sale' thread.

AFC This I feel is where the tank is let down,a coil that's rated to 120W needs plenty of bottom airflow,sadly missing on the Phoenix. The top air flow works well but the overall flavour I feel could be greatly improved by a bottom flow system also.

Overall Nice looking,well built,reasonable performance. There are better tanks available for less money.
    It's a sit back,with a cup of coffee type tank and not one I'd bring away with me due to it's thirst and capacity.

You know the story folks,this is my opinion only after using it for about a day and a half,first time vaping on ceramic and still prefer good auld Kanthal.

Next up will be the Smok TF RTA with the G2 deck.

Advertisement