Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweater shop formerly in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 04-12-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've been asked to try to find the name of a sweater shop that used to be in Dun Laoghaire, the old shopping center, back in the eighties. Apparently it was quite famous; the most salient detail the person can remember is that all the stock was kept folded up instead of hanging up, so the staff used to spend all day unfolding sweaters for customers to view and folding them up again. Anyone remember the name?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The original Motion picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rwallace

Apparently it was called Bennetton. I don't remember the shop, I just remember the weird line of advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

rwallace wrote: »
    Apparently it was called Bennetton. I don't remember the shop, I just remember the weird line of advertising.

I am officially geriatric when people don't recall Benetton. Their knitted goods were a splash of Italian colour in our bleak rainy landscape. Going in and inspecting the merchandise in Stillorgan, Dun Laoghaire and Grafton Street with new friends gave a person instant insight into character. The ones who were afraid to touch or unfold a sweater, the ones who lifted and dumped twenty and those of us who quietly lifted, inspected and carefully refolded. What a flashback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I am officially geriatric when people don't recall Benetton. Their knitted goods were a splash of Italian colour in our bleak rainy landscape. Going in and inspecting the merchandise in Stillorgan, Dun Laoghaire and Grafton Street with new friends gave a person instant insight into character. The ones who were afraid to touch or unfold a sweater, the ones who lifted and dumped twenty and those of us who quietly lifted, inspected and carefully refolded. What a flashback.

Was Benetton in the SC ? I always remembered that was in Bloomfields. OP the shop you are talking about was it O Connors ? I remember when you went in there a lot of the clothes were folded. That's were Dubarry Books is now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

It was where carphone warehouse is now. Still in ireland- Stephens green and Liffey valley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

rwallace wrote: »

One of the world's leading clothing retailers plus owned the F1 team Schumcher drove with for his first world championships. Also hyper famous for controversial advertising campaigns campaigning for racial equality, acceptance of AIDS and anti war messages. They still have the main ground floor store at the front of Stephen's Green shopping centre.

Advertisement