Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning appeal

Options
  • 04-12-2015 3:42pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Got a warning the other day for a thread started in The Cuckoo's Nest.
    PM'd the mod, he agreed there was no malicious intent, but said he couldn't overturn it, so here I am

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Warnings can be reversed. Please inform the mod in question of this, and we can hopefully skip out the need for DRP entirely.

Or did you mean he wouldn't overturn it? Rather than wasn't technically possible?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

well, this was the reply to my initial PM
    I'm afraid that I can't reverse warnings or infractions, those would have to be done at admin level.
    then,
    I opened a Dispute Resolution thread, Spear said you should be able to reverse the yellow card.
    No, he said it is possible to reverse them, not that I could do it.
    so, over to you.

no worries either way like, after all it is only a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was Star Lord the mod in question? I'll confirm with him directly.

yeah, 'twas Star Lord,

edit, he said he wouldn't, rather than couldn't overturn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi Second Toughest in_the Freshers,

I'll have a look into this for you.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi Second Toughest in_the Freshers,

The warning was issued by Star Lord with regards to creating, or trying to recreate, threads from another forum in TCN. Specifically a thread from a forum in which you are perma banned, After Hours.

A warning is nothing more than a slap on the wrist and this warning is a request that you refrain from making these threads in future.

If you are unsure as to what threads you can or cannot create, you can contact the appropriate forum mods and ask if the thread suits, that should help avoid this issue in future.

I uphold the warning.

You may request an admin review if you wish.

no thats grand, as you say it's only a warning,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement