Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options
  • 04-12-2015 3:43pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Longitude is delighted to announce that music fans across the country can start planning for 2016 with the festival returning to its home at Marlay Park from July 15th – 17th.

Fans can find out who’ll be headlining next summer when the first round of acts are announced early in the new year.

In just three short years Longitude has cemented itself as one of the premier events of the summer festival season winning the award for Best Medium Sized Festival at the Irish Festival Awards.

For further festival information see:
    www.longitude.ie / www.mcd.ie

Can see Pixies and Sigur Ros headlining

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Wouldn't be so sure about Sigur Ros - doesn't make any logistical sense to go from Romania to Ireland to Belgium to England. Also they will be playing mostly new material for the show, which makes it a bit odd that they are playing mostly festivals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wouldnt suit the crowd either

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Disclosure will headline I reckon .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bigpink wrote: »
    Wouldnt suit the crowd either

Dont no about that , when they have had bands like Kraftwerk/Pheonix/Massive Attack headline over the years . Although looking at their tour dates it does rule them out.

Disclosure are a good bet, maybe Faithless either if they want a big dance act

Maybe Stereophonics could be in the running since they are doing Scotland the same weekend and with no irish date on their arena tour id say they will pop over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Maybe Stereophonics could be in the running since they are doing Scotland the same weekend and with no irish date on their arena tour id say they will pop over here

Can't imagine that choice going down to well, maybe could see them do a gig in Kilmainham.

I reckon Kendrick Lamar might be a good shout. As well as Jaime XX and like you mentioned before Sigur Ros and the Pixies

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

anyone think Chvrches might be announced ? Maybe in the slot just before a headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Dont no about that , when they have had bands like Kraftwerk/Pheonix/Massive Attack headline over the years . Although looking at their tour dates it does rule them out.

Disclosure are a good bet, maybe Faithless either if they want a big dance act

Disclosure already headlined two years ago I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Prob all dance acts for yoing crowd

andhim | Andy Stott (live) | Ben Klock | Black Coffee | Boys Noize (live)| Chvrches | Deichkind | Disclosure | DJ Koze | Ed Davenport | Honey Dijon | Ho99o9 | Jamie Woon | Jamie xx | Kollektiv Turmstrasse | M83 | Maceo Plex | Mano Le Tough | Maya Jane Coles | Mura Masa | Oliver Koletzki | Skepta | Sleaford Mods | Solomun | Tijana T | Two Door Cinema Club

All confirmed for MELT festival the same weekend as Longitude over in Germany.

Disclosure , 2DCC and Jamie XX are the headliners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

Yeah I reckon the same. Haven't seen them out doors in years.

Stereophonics just added another Scottish date for the 16th so id say its looking less likely for Longitude

With 2 sell out 3Arena shows , could see Kodaline headlining either

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can see M83 at it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kendrick Lamar headlining Benicassim the same weekend. too big for Longitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I'd say Bloc Party would be a more viable headliner from the FIB lineup really.

I'd predict a Bloc Party, Two Door Cinema Club, Chvrches sort of Friday, Saturday headliners and subs, and then maybe Faithless or Jamie xx as the big dance draw? Could see Hot Chip turning up again too. Grimes could earn herself a decent spot at longitude or EP as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Mushy wrote: »
    Can see M83 at it

Any reason to predict that? I'd absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Any reason to predict that? I'd absolutely love it.

Few European dates around the time, would fit in. May skip Ireland also.though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MattD wrote: »
    I'd say Bloc Party would be a more viable headliner from the FIB lineup really.

I'd predict a Bloc Party, Two Door Cinema Club, Chvrches sort of Friday, Saturday headliners and subs, and then maybe Faithless or Jamie xx as the big dance draw? Could see Hot Chip turning up again too. Grimes could earn herself a decent spot at longitude or EP as well.
    doubt Bloc Party are headlining in this day and age, their star has fallen quite a bit over the last few years.

doubt Bloc Party are headlining in this day and age, their star has fallen quite a bit over the last few years.

Bloc Party subbing 2 Door Cinema Club could be a good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Mushy wrote: »
    Few European dates around the time, would fit in. May skip Ireland also.though.

If they play Ireland I'm going, no matter where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Kendrick Lamar headlining Benicassim the same weekend. too big for Longitude?

Kendrick would be an absolute dream...doubt his first Irish gig would be a festival though...would love to be proven wrong though

Kendrick would be an absolute dream...doubt his first Irish gig would be a festival though...would love to be proven wrong though

He's played Vicar St before.

Consider yourself proven wrong :p

lc180 wrote: »
    He's played Vicar St before.

Consider yourself proven wrong :p

I tip my hat to you sir. It'd be a dream for him to play Longitude...doubtful about it though.

I tip my hat to you sir. It'd be a dream for him to play Longitude...doubtful about it though.

Yeah its a tough one to call. I'd say EP would be the favourite to snag him.

Gonna throw out a curveball and say maybe Forbidden Fruit. Quite unlikely but they do tend to focus on Hip Hop & Electronic acts for their headliners nowadays.

lc180 wrote: »
    Yeah its a tough one to call. I'd say EP would be the favourite to snag him.

Gonna throw out a curveball and say maybe Forbidden Fruit. Quite unlikely but they do tend to focus on Hip Hop & Electronic acts for their headliners nowadays.

Was thinking Forbidden Fruit myself for him, I dunno if they'd get him at EP...would be nice though seeing as I have my ticket :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarkJames99

Jungle? There playing at trinity ball again this year except with a bigger role. They also had a smaller role at longitude last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

http://www.hotchip.co.uk/2016/01/european-summer-festivals-announced/

Hot Chip doing festivals in July. Despite playing here twice in the past year (not including Belfast date) I wonder if we could see them? Such a fun band to see live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Foals will prob play here or the picnic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Miike Snow have a new album coming, will hopefully play one of the festivals here.

Advertisement