Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think so, there's a "Jamie xx After Party" but he isn't playing, just a few local DJs. they're doing a "Kendrick Lamar Afterparty" there on Friday too, but needless to say he isn't there either.

e: they've changed the name of it to just "Longitude After Party" now:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/800316106736071/?active_tab=posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Looks like there's a clashfinder already for those that don't want to use the app:

http://clashfinder.com/s/long2016/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Those Sunday night clashes are brutal as I'd say they'd all draw a significant number of people who'd like to see all them whereas there's a bit more distinction the other nights between the acts and fan base I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

don't think so, there's a "Jamie xx After Party" but he isn't playing, just a few local DJs. they're doing a "Kendrick Lamar Afterparty" there on Friday too, but needless to say he isn't there either.

e: they've changed the name of it to just "Longitude After Party" now:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/800316106736071/?active_tab=posts

Haven't been to the Hanger before. Anyone know what its like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

frantic190 wrote: »
    Looks like there's a clashfinder already for those that don't want to use the app:

http://clashfinder.com/s/long2016/
    A bit overkill for a festival with only 3 proper stages though

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Haven't been to the Hanger before. Anyone know what its like?
    like a small, dark and grimy airport hangar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

True its ridiculous, a few festival newbies I think. Go to EP and you'll see some serious clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Main stage:
    Brian Deady
    Laura Mvula
    Daughter
    Chrvches
    The Lumineers
    Kendrick Lamar

Heineken stage:
    Hare Squaed
    Section Boyz
    Kelela
    Action Bronson
    Tyler The Creator
    Nina Kraviz

Whelans:
    Declan McKenna
    Marlon Williams
    Elias
    Otherkin
    We Cut Corners

RBMA:
    Mix & Fairbanks
    Colin Devine
    Stevie G
    Ryan Hemsworth
    Adultrock
    Colin Perkins

Anyone know if TXFM are having their stage there this year? Usually good craic down at that.

Not too bad of a guess :pac:

Hope to god the weather isn't a washout, almost all of the acts I want to see are outside. The rain was pretty heavy at times today in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Looks like Tyler finishes just as Kendrick starts. Would anybody know if you could leave Tyler early to avoid being stuck at the back of the crowd for Kendrick, or would of it built up by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

What stages are indoor/in a tent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What stages are indoor/in a tent?

Main stage & RBMA are outdoors, Heineken & Whelans are in a tent. The Heineken Sound Atlas place is unsheltered also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

http://clashfinder.com/list/?qs=Longitude

There's been one done for every year, no harm in it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Why are the Coronas playing in the Heineken??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Anybody got a spare ticket for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

How's the weather looking in Dublin? Nice and sunny here in Limerick at the moment.
    I'll be happy as long as the grass is dry tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    How's the weather looking in Dublin? Nice and sunny here in Limerick at the moment.
    I'll be happy as long as the grass is dry tomorrow!

Weather nice in Dublin so far this morning. Fingers crossed for three days of sunshine :)

forecast is fairly good:

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Friday will be a warm and humid day. It will start cloudy though in most areas with some drizzle on west and south coasts. Elsewhere it will be mainly dry and a few sunny breaks will develop as the day goes on. Highest temperatures ranging from 17 to 19 degrees in the west to 22 or 23 degrees in the east. Quite breezy with moderate to fresh southwest winds.

Saturday will be a mainly dry day with sunny spells though it may stay dull and damp for a time on south and southeast coasts. It will be another warm and humid day in many parts of the south and east with maximum temperatures between 19 and 22 degrees, but it will be cooler in the north and west with highest temperatures of 16 to 19 degrees. Westerly winds will be light to moderate.

Sunday is looking dry in many areas as well with a mix of cloud and sunshine. The warmest weather will be in the south and east again with temperatures around 20 degrees and it will remain quite humid here as well. It will be a bit cooler in the west and north with a chance of some rain in coastal parts. Westerly winds will be mostly light.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

forecast is fairly good:

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Friday will be a warm and humid day. It will start cloudy though in most areas with some drizzle on west and south coasts. Elsewhere it will be mainly dry and a few sunny breaks will develop as the day goes on. Highest temperatures ranging from 17 to 19 degrees in the west to 22 or 23 degrees in the east. Quite breezy with moderate to fresh southwest winds.

Saturday will be a mainly dry day with sunny spells though it may stay dull and damp for a time on south and southeast coasts. It will be another warm and humid day in many parts of the south and east with maximum temperatures between 19 and 22 degrees, but it will be cooler in the north and west with highest temperatures of 16 to 19 degrees. Westerly winds will be light to moderate.

Sunday is looking dry in many areas as well with a mix of cloud and sunshine. The warmest weather will be in the south and east again with temperatures around 20 degrees and it will remain quite humid here as well. It will be a bit cooler in the west and north with a chance of some rain in coastal parts. Westerly winds will be mostly light.

That Friday Forecast has already changed :pac:
    On Friday night rain in the northwest will gradually move southeastwards across the country. The rain will be mostly light and intermittent though. It will stay mild and humid overnight in the south of the country, but it will turn fresher in the north and west.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Just checked admission entry, I can't believe that this festival allows 16s in, accompanied by an 18 year old, surely older brothers/sisters will take them in the gate, is it only me or does this spell a recipe for disaster! Don't know if I'm still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Guaranteed a young crowd all right. Not scummy but young and messy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Say it will young and messy with both scummy and posh idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

bigpink wrote: »
    Say it will young and messy with both scummy and posh idiots

Friday and Saturday definitely. Hopefully the Sunday will attract a more mature crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Any nice pubs a short walk from Marlay Park? Might take that approach and grab a taxi when the crowd disperses.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Any nice pubs a short walk from Marlay Park? Might take that approach and grab a taxi when the crowd disperses.

Eden House not far at all from Marlay. Nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

Selling Friday Longitude ticket for €60 as my friends pulled out. Message me if interested.
    EDIT: SOLD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Taylors Three Rock is about 10 mins walk from the entrance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope you all get a decent weekend of weather, the last few weekends haven't been great, I'll pray to the sun gods.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brooklyn2011

Hi, I have 2 Sunday tickets but I'm looking to swap for 2 Saturday tickets if anyone is intetested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

What is everyone going to wear, will it get messy with the damp ground and showers during the day? I'm not sure if I'll be grand in jeans and runners or should I go for combats and wellies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

I'm wearing shorts and old runners today. As far as I can remember the ground usually stays good in Marlay park. If it does rain it might get worse Saturday and Sunday. Weather forecast says it should be dry in Dublin today, hopefully they're correct.

Advertisement