Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Ground was perfect, weather was very good apart from leaving... I'll take that.

They should move the comedy caravan a bit more away from the dirty oid town stage, overall was happy with queues etc.

The crowd were young but everyone had great craic, very little scummers from what I saw. Jealous of those going tomorrow, unreal lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

What capacity is the festival this year? I saw photos online from last night and the main stage looks a lot bigger than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

What was the transport situation like yesterday?

Heading tomorrow and still undecided whether to go on the LUAS, Dublin Bus or Marathon.

Hardly any traffic for me today at 1.10pm. Came in off j 13 drove all way to Centra / Lidl. Cops on top form and had useful unsolicted advice for me when I let the kids out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

What was the transport situation like yesterday?

Lots of 16 buses about a mile down the road so it seems like it was handy enough getting back into town. I cant be 100% certain though as my friend drove in so we didn't have to get the bus.
    lc180 wrote:
    What capacity is the festival this year? I saw photos online from last night and the main stage looks a lot bigger than I expected.

I think I heard it was 10k per day.

I think I heard it was 10k per day.

It seemed about treble that

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they will scan the email tickets from your phone?
    Not printed out yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Irish_rat wrote:
    It seemed about treble that

I think my previous figure of 10k is well out tbh! But I don't think there was as many as 30. Maybe around 16-17.
    How is the crowd/atmosphere ?

The atmosphere for both days has been really good IMO. Nice and chilled, but every act I've seen so far has gotten a good response from the crowd. Defo one of the better atmospheres for outdoor gigs, in my experience anyway.

Thanks Mince Pie for suggesting Run The Jewels - they were class! Cannot wait for tomorrow!! Planning on seeing Rusangano Family, All Tvvins, and then heading over to the main stage for the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I think my previous figure of 10k is well out tbh! But I don't think there was as many as 30. Maybe around 16-17.

The atmosphere for both days has been really good IMO. Nice and chilled, but every act I've seen so far has gotten a good response from the crowd. Defo one of the better atmospheres for outdoor gigs, in my experience anyway.

Thanks Mince Pie for suggesting Run The Jewels - they were class! Cannot wait for tomorrow!! Planning on seeing Rusangano Family, All Tvvins, and then heading over to the main stage for the rest of it.

I would nearly buy a ticket just to see Father John Misty!!! Missed him last year at Glasto and apparently it was one of the highlights. Watched him on BBC player afterwards and seriously kicking myself ever since I didnt trek up to the Park.

Crap, meant to say delighted you loved RTJ. They are fantastic aren't they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Ground was fine as I was leaving yesterday, but there was showers (including a heavy enough one) in the hours after the concert. I'd say you'll be okay with old runners though. It's what I'm putting on for today anyway.

Kendrick was superb. Absolutely fantastic. The crowd where I was were really into it which always helps. Him and the band seemed to be really enjoying themselves too.

I have no idea of the majority of today's acts so it'll be an interesting experience. Hopefully I'll discover some good stuff!

Loved Kendrick! I was to the right of the stage. Though I felt that he could have fit a few more songs in for sure. At one point he was just talking with the crowd and jamming(which I'm totally fine with and love when artists interact with the crowd) but when you have a limited set time and were infact late to the stage, it would have been nice not to mess around. Expected the encore track "Aright" but was disappointed when he started playing ADHD again to be honest. "The Blacker the Berry" would have been amazing to hear as it's very related to current events and is just a very powerful track overall.

Heading in tomorrow to see The National, I might drop down earlier in the day if the weather is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Can't wait for 2mrw. Pretty solid line up. Was a fan of Father John anyway but having caught a couple of videos of him live I'm really keen to see him now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 coolaboola123

Went last year and thought it was brilliant, bit of a more scummy crowd today though, especially towards the end, a few serious scraps broke out in the middle of Major Lazer, great two days apart from that slight disappointment

Went last year and thought it was brilliant, bit of a more scummy crowd today though, especially towards the end, a few serious scraps broke out in the middle of Major Lazer, great two days apart from that slight disappointment

Any hassle with transport to/from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

lc180 wrote: »

if you wait till the end, you'll be walking for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coolaboola123

if you walk for a while eventually there'll be plenty of taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

has anyone used the carpark at Marlay Park this/last year? would it be full up by 3pm do you think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How long roughly is the Marathon coach taking to get back to town at night? I'm worried about making the last bus home.

Edit: never mind, they are booked out. Seems I'll have to take my chances with the 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

has anyone used the carpark at Marlay Park this/last year? would it be full up by 3pm do you think?

I drove for stone roses and got there around 7.30pm and no problem parking. Was a pain in the hole getting out mind but that whole gig was a disaster organisational wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

I parked there yesterday, came off at J13 on the M50 and followed the buses. Anytime a steward questioned where I was going, I was looking for staff parking. None of them asked for any proof. Parked right at the front with the coaches.

I parked around half 5 Friday no problems.

No queues either. Have to say its tiny though.

Anyone know if the e ticket on the phone would get ya in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

How long roughly is the Marathon coach taking to get back to town at night? I'm worried about making the last bus home.

Edit: never mind, they are booked out. Seems I'll have to take my chances with the 16.

You should still try marathon. They're still selling walk up tickets.
    Buses are pulling away as they fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Was told there was 40,000 tickets for the event as a whole, not sure about the day by day breakdown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You should still try marathon. They're still selling walk up tickets.
    Buses are pulling away as they fill.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

I'm just on the bus now. Rocked up, didn't have it booked in advance. Was no problem. Def worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Ahhh, brilliant day here so far.

Christine & The Queens rocked the Heineken Stage, an old fashioned "proper" pop star.

Crowd are so friendly, and easy access to loos, bars, food.

Very hot (and dusty).

Coachella at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Bronson, Kendrick, Run The Jewels and Kurt Vile all absolutely killed it. Great few days and perfect weather for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Today was excellent, so chilled out compared to yesterday which was a lot younger!

Christine and the Queens were a huge surprise! She put on a cracking show for a short set! Crowd loved her too!

Absolutely brilliant gig, I was dreading it after the stone roses, but it was a different place!
    Great atmosphere everywhere.
    ' Perfume Genius' were my surprise favourite.
    They were brilliant!!

Saw lots of acts, cool area, well laid out.
    Lots of bars, toilets etc

The national.
    Smashed it.
    As usual!

And, surprise surprise, actually got a taxi very quick & very handy, home by 11.45!

Shlippery wrote: »

Christine and the Queens were a huge surprise! She put on a cracking show for a short set! Crowd loved her too!

She was top notch! One of the highlights for me. I reckon she could be back for Metropolis Festival in November.

Perfume Genius were also really good, definitely gonna check them out.

Jamie XX was a bore fest for me. He would have been far more suited to the Heineken tent.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

First time I've been to Longitude since the first year, and I was surprised by the make-up of the crowd. So many half naked teenagers out of their heads.

Hung around the Whelans stage for much of the day, good vibe over there. Ventured over to the Heineken stage for a bit of All Tvvins and Christine & the Queens (who was great). Afterwards I made the mistake of wandering over to the Red Bull stage - eugh. Got out of there fast.

Went mainly to see The National but I was a little disappointed to be honest. The sound quality was pretty poor compared to their previous gigs I've been to, although that may have been where I was standing.

Advertisement