Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

poteen wrote: »
    Surprised to see The National back in business with MCD again after teh Oxegen episode a few years ago. They had been working with Aiken since then....

What happened at Oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

OhHiMark wrote: »
    What happened at Oxegen?
    They played to about 50 people on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was the 2nd stage, Beyonce was on the main stage at the time

271005_10150259447137836_680202835_7427560_7489996_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The Nos Alive and BBK Bilbao (7th-9th) lineups are worth keeping an eye on for acts that might make their way to Longitude or Marlay Park in general. Already Father John and Courtney Barnett overlap and John Grant and Pixies there before their Iveagh Gardens gigs as well.

Could see The 1975 and maybe M83 (I wish) getting announced on that end. Jack Garrett and Fat White Family to be announced after their gigs are done/sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Anyone get the VIP section at Longitude before? Can you see the main stage? Is it worth the extra money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Anyone get the VIP section at Longitude before? Can you see the main stage? Is it worth the extra money?

I assume it grants you access to what was the Coca Cola lounge last year, I have access to it through work but honestly didn't spend much time there. It's a good place to get away from the madness and you can hear the main stage but not see it.

Not sure if I'd pay actual money for it though but it was nice to have a place to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

it was the 2nd stage, Beyonce was on the main stage at the time

271005_10150259447137836_680202835_7427560_7489996_n.jpg
    While that is an abysmal crowd, the perspective of the photo is deceiving. That is clearly not the front barrier but the barrier to the pit. You can even see hands in the distance of those who are really up front.
    Sheeeeit wrote: »

I was in VIP last year. It only gets you into a little designated VIP area where you can use a bar, one or two food stalls, their own toilets and there are some hammocks/seats about the place. You can't watch the main stage from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'd say Sunday day tickets will sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone know what date Action Bronson is playing? He's a great performer, I'd encourage anyone who remotely likes rap to have a look at him.

I'd seriously consider at least a day ticket if him and Kendrick were on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Should this not be the Longitude 2016 thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Friday only tickets sorted. Can't wait to see Kendrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 inz

Got a ticket for Sunday to see The National. Hope they get a bunch of stage time as nothing else on that lineup interests me.

How long do the headliners usually play at Longitude? :)

inz wrote: »
    Got a ticket for Sunday to see The National. Hope they get a bunch of stage time as nothing else on that lineup interests me.

How long do the headliners usually play at Longitude? :)

They usually get about an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Thinking of going on the Friday only. Would it be right to assume that as well as Kendrick they will lump the other hip hop acts like Bronson on the Friday as well, or is it spread out over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Thinking of going on the Friday only. Would it be right to assume that as well as Kendrick they will lump the other hip hop acts like Bronson on the Friday as well, or is it spread out over the weekend?
    They spread similar acts out over the weekend to try and sell more full weekend tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 10 davidgrace

Longitude has gone very dancey in recent years. Not really my cup of tea any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

davidgrace wrote: »
    Longitude has gone very dancey in recent years. Not really my cup of tea any more.

Are you mixing it up with forbidden fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Any chance of Kendrick and Tyler both being on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any chance of Kendrick and Tyler both being on the Friday?

If the organisers were sound, yes. They will almost certainly be on separate days though because they will want to squeeze rap/hip-hop fans for weekend tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Cool headliners. Would love to see Kendrick, apparently he's on absolute fire in live shows though not sure if that'd translate as well to a big open air stage. Must admit Major Lazer are a serious guilty pleasure of mine and their live show I'd say would be seriously good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

here's the Latitude lineup, might get a few of these added later:

CcnJhPGXIAAtHJW.jpg:large

God damn M83. That's 3 festivals they're playing that weekend so they won't be there. Somebody at Electric Picnic needs to get the finger out and book them.

British Sea Power would be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Time for some new additions soon maybe? :D

Looking at Latitude acts, would love to see M83, Grimes, Lapsley, Perfume Genius added. I see Laura Mvula, Polica, and Rat Boy making the jump definitely. Two Door Cinema Club have been oddly quiet in Ireland over the last few summers too. Curious that they haven't been announced for anything yet.

TECHNICALLY: M83 are confirmed on the 17th at Latitude, They could do Thursday the 14th at Colours, Friday 15th at Melt, Saturday 16th at Longitude... I CAN DREAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Longitude lineup looks good already. People moan about Chvrches playing every year but they're one of the best live bands out there.

I see Frightened Rabbit will be at Latitude, they would be a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Longitude lineup looks good already. People moan about Chvrches playing every year but they're one of the best live bands out there.

I see Frightened Rabbit will be at Latitude, they would be a great addition.

Would love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just checked Father John Misty tour dates and he is listed for the Friday at Longy. Jamie XX in Liepzig so must be on the Saturday or Sunday.

Hey, does anyone know if you need to purchase tickets for under 16s? Sent a message to ticketmaster and they said they can attend once we have id to prove they are under 16 but they neglected to inform me if they need tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if you need to purchase tickets for under 16s? Sent a message to ticketmaster and they said they can attend once we have id to prove they are under 16 but they neglected to inform me if they need tickets.

Why would they not need a ticket to a music event? I'd be shocked if they were allowed in for free lol

• Advertisement

DC10555 wrote: »
    Why would they not need a ticket to a music event? I'd be shocked if they were allowed in for free lol

So you think a full price ticket is acceptable for a 10 year old?

Advertisement