Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Its ok, finally found it in the T&C's pdf. Children under 5 can attend for free. Bizarre cos children under 12 attend for free to EP. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Its ok, finally found it in the T&C's pdf. Children under 5 can attend for free. Bizarre cos children under 12 attend for free to EP. Oh well.

Would've assumed the event would be strictly over 18s like most gigs. EP is family friendly. I personally don't think Longitude is, especially not the crowd that was there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So you think a full price ticket is acceptable for a 10 year old?

Do you not think a 10 yo can fully enjoy a festival? :confused:

Genuinely perplexed by this post, not sure if parental entitlement or sheer obliviousness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Genuinely perplexed by this post, not sure if parental entitlement or sheer obliviousness

I think it's a pretty fair question.

Why does anything offer student/OAP/Children tickets if that's your theory? A 9 year old gets MORE enjoyment than me from the Zoo but still pays less it's nothing to do with level of enjoyment.

However, as someone else pointed out, wouldn't really feel Longitude is as family friendly as EP etc.

Parental entitlement? Thats the funniest thing I've read today. If my friends heard that they would fall into fits. I don't have kids nor am I a big fan, my friends would consider me anti kids.
    My nephews just happen to be really big fans of Kendrick and was looking into possibly taking them to see him(their birthdays are around that time as well and I'm useless at pressies for teenage boys). I have been to Longy and I certainly wouldn't take them to see someone like Disclosure who are great but attract an awful crowd. Just didn't think Kendrick was mainstream enough to have a scally audience and was just looking into it.
    Anyway decided not to take them.
    As said by Easyrod, there are generally cheaper tickets for under 16s. Electric picnic is free for under 12's so was just surprised that you have to have a full price ticket for anyone over 5.
    Suppose its that type of festival and was trying to recall if i had seen any kids at the ones I've attended. I know the reason now.

• Advertisement

Also, just noticed both are usernames are references to Super Troopers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Not a place them really and if so only till maybe 7 or 8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone know what day Action Bronson is likely to be performing?

His website lists dates right up until about 5 days before longitude starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarkJames99

Do tickets ever sell out for this? And how long till we know the full lineup! Any rumours

Do tickets ever sell out for this? And how long till we know the full lineup! Any rumours

It does normally sell out but normally closer to the time within a week or two if not closer especially if the weather is good. Breakdown of days I'm not to sure of when they are released cos I didn't go last year so its all hazy.
    I would say if you are planning on going I would get a ticket sorted sooner rather than later given Electric Picnics early sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Just wondering what time things usually get going at ?

Getting a flight back from a holiday, will arrive in airport around 2 maybe get to Marlay by 3.... Will it be well under way ?

All I really want to see is Kendrick

Usually starts sometime around when you'll be arriving. Definitely no chance you'll miss Kendrick anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Would J Cole be too big to ask for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

BOHtox wrote: »
    Would J Cole be too big to ask for this?

Definitely, considering they haven't already announced him. It'd be either him or Kendrick and they made the right choice IMO.

Only way it could happen is if they have a huge amount of weekend tickets left, and they put him on Saturday or Sunday to get the rap and hip-hop fans to stay for the whole weekend rather than just the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'm surprised Longitude haven't announced anything else for this year yet. As far as I can see the past two years they have had their first main announcement at the end of January, followed by another in Feb/March, and then the final one usually coming in May. They seem to be very quiet this year, would be hoping to see a few more added in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Jamie xx is playing Benicassim on the Friday of that weekend and Melt! on the Saturday, so I would guess he will play the Sunday at Longitude.

Todd Terje wrote: »
    Jamie xx is playing Benicassim on the Friday of that weekend and Melt! on the Saturday, so I would guess he will play the Sunday at Longitude.

Clashing with The National I would assume then, which is a shame.

Jamie wins that one for me. Saw him at Forbidden Fruit last year on various substances and it was euphoric, even without playing Loud Places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jamie wins that one for me. Saw him at Forbidden Fruit last year on various substances and it was euphoric, even without playing Loud Places.

You or Jamie?????

BadTurtle wrote: »

Yeah, tough one but I'll be making the same choice if necessary. Saw him at Metropolis last year and went to the Button Factory after-party. Both sets amazing and surprisingly different. Crowd went wild for Loud Places at Metropolis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

When will we know who's playing each day?

Definitely want to see Chvrches as I thought they were outstanding last year at EP. I've listened to their 2nd album more extensively now and its a corker, as good as the first IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing the National again but there is quality artists there if that doesn't work out.

I genuinely believe this is the best lineup of any festival so far this year including EP. Obviously that will change!

We must see an announcement soon for this?

Last year, by now, day breakdowns were well announced at this stage and this year the festival is a few days earlier. Probably gonna buy a weekend but just want to wait for the day-breakdowns to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The sooner they break it down the sooner people will stop buying weekend tickets

Good point. I'd say another announcement may come sooner than the day breakdowns?
    I'm hoping for the next announcement to include some of the following: Grimes, Kamasi Washington, Death Grips, Earl Sweatshirt, Girl Band, Pusha T, Actress, Arca, Ariel Pink, At the Drive In, Bill Callahan, Cassius, Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarkJames99

Todd Terje wrote: »

I think he is playing benicassim and melt! Both on the Friday. 12pm is his stage time for melt! This makes it seem like he's booked for Saturday

I think he is playing benicassim and melt! Both on the Friday. 12pm is his stage time for melt! This makes it seem like he's booked for Saturday

Where did you see that? 12pm seems to early.
    It says on the Melt! website that he is playing the Saturday.

Where did you see that? 12pm seems too early.
    It says on the Melt! website that he is playing the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Really surprised we haven't heard anything else from Longitude yet, by the end of March last year we had 3 announcements and a day by day breakdown, as it stands we haven't heard anything since the initial announcement in January. Surely we will hear something in the next week or two. Maybe they're not in as much of a rush to sell tickets now that EP has sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

yeah its surprising, nearly hitting May at this stage! 90% set on getting Saturday ticket but depends how some of the acts fall in the day breakdowns.

• Advertisement

fitzparker wrote: »
    yeah its surprising, nearly hitting May at this stage! 90% set on getting Saturday ticket but depends how some of the acts fall in the day breakdowns.

Exactly. Getting a friday regardless but will get a weekend once I see the day breakdowns

Advertisement