Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It doesn't look good at this stage, perhaps complications in getting more of the line up or something.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Really surprised we haven't heard anything else from Longitude yet, by the end of March last year we had 3 announcements and a day by day breakdown, as it stands we haven't heard anything since the initial announcement in January. Surely we will hear something in the next week or two. Maybe they're not in as much of a rush to sell tickets now that EP has sold out.

in 2014 they didn't have the full lineup or day breakdowns until May.
    festival isn't until July, there's hardly much of a rush on them with or without EP selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It doesn't look good at this stage, perhaps complications in getting more of the line up or something.
    Very quick to jump to conclusions altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

in 2014 they didn't have the full lineup or day breakdowns until May.
    festival isn't until July, there's hardly much of a rush on them with or without EP selling out.

True but even in 2014 they had announcements done by now. They still do have loads of time to announce everything but I would have expected at least another batch of acts by now, 3 months after the initial announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Still no sign of any day line ups / further announcements.
    Laura Mvula has just created a Facebook event for the Friday. Obviously on the next line up annoyncement. They'd want to hurry up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kwat wrote: »
    Still no sign of any day line ups / further announcements.
    Laura Mvula has just created a Facebook event for the Friday. Obviously on the next line up annoyncement. They'd want to hurry up!

Bandsintown have Courtney Barnett down for Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

ChNVzXeU0AAUHdF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Never doubted them :pac:

Great lineup to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Run The Jewels! Can't wait for this.

Friday and Sunday are good.
    not much that I'm bothered with on Saturday bar ASAP Ferg, and at a push RTJ.
    Hope Nina Kraviz is doing an afterpaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Going just for Kurt Vile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Mann Run the Jewels on the Friday would have been insane.

Looking at Friday myself, purely for Kendrick Lamar and Action Bronson. Don't really know/care about too many other acts on that day.

Kendrick, Tyler, Run The Jewels, Vic Mensa, Stormzy. Probably the best hip hop lineup Ireland's ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Friday is okay I want to see Chvrches and Daughter are decent.

Sunday is very good. So I'm torn between and might go both days.

No frightened rabbit there, they have a new record out if anyone's interested. On Spotify now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That Sunday is unreal. National, Father John Misty, Jamie xx, Kurt Vile, Courtney Barnett, Perfume Genius...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Why or how the Coronas special guests?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭duefrine

got tickets for the sunday

looking forward to
    jamie xx
    roisin
    christine

roll on 17th july

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sunday line up is amazing.

Hate not being able to go to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Are Jamie XX and The National likely to be on at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nialler73 wrote: »

Have the lineup screenshot on my phone, and Jamie XX is showing for the Sunday, same day as The National.

Edit: Sorry, took the question as same day, rather than literally the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Nialler73 wrote: »

I would imagine they are both main stage acts.

If any thought has gone into the running order, the other stages should finish in time for the headliners to take to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I would imagine they are both main stage acts.

If any thought has gone into the running order, the other stages should finish in time for the headliners to take to the stage.

That's definitely not the way Longitude operates...actually don't think any festival operates that way!

I would be surprised if the two weren't clashing although not sure what stage Jamie XX would play on as I'd imagine it'd be way too busy. Fingers crossed they're both Main stage and I can catch them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Would Jamie xx not have a DJ set in a tent out the back and Father John Misty would sub The National?

Personally I would like Jamie xx into The National so I could see both.

Jamie headlined the biggest tent at Forbidden Fruit last year, I expect itll be the same this year. Not often you'd get a DJ set on the main stage anywhere.

I presume Run the Jewels will do the same the night before.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    That's definitely not the way Longitude operates...actually don't think any festival operates that way!
    Irish festivals certainly don't but you'd hear of a few in Europe doing it alright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jamie headlined the biggest tent at Forbidden Fruit last year, I expect itll be the same this year. Not often you'd get a DJ set on the main stage anywhere.

I presume Run the Jewels will do the same the night before.

Or could they have The National headline but have Jamie XX play after? kinda like at EP when they have official headliners but an act will stay play after

EP don't put DJs on the mainstage though, they put electronic acts playing live (Chem Bros, Disclosure, Leftfield etc.) or other bands. That's Saturday night too, so the last act is on after midnight.
    And Longitude haven't done that up to this point, so I would be surprised if they'd start now, purely based on Jamie's popularity.

they did it with Fatboy Slim.
    and Forbidden Fruit had several DJ sets on the main stage last year, and probably again this year too.

i wouldn't be that surprised if he was on the main stage, he's bigger than any of the other potential sub-headliners, and bigger than any of the acts that headlined the tent last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Sub headliners from last years poster all played main stage right before the headline acts

• Advertisement

LostArt wrote: »
    Sub headliners from last years poster all played main stage right before the headline acts

And?

Advertisement