Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MattD wrote: »
    I'd be guessing we'll get fairly similar to:

Friday Main: Kendrick, Chvrches, Lumineers, Daughter, Laura Mvula/Kelela
    Friday Heineken: Tyler, Action, Nina Kraviz, Ryan Hemsworth
    Whelans: Kelela/Mvula, Section Boyz

Saturday Main: Major Lazer, Run The Jewels, Coronas, MO, Saint Sister
    Saturday Heineken: Annie Mac, Diplo, Asap Ferg, Stormzy, The 2 Bears,
    Whelans: Pleasure Beach, Rejjie Snow

Sunday Main: National, Father John Misty, Roisin Murphy, Kurt Vile, Courtney Barnett, All Tvvins
    Sunday Heineken: Jamie XX, Vic Mensa, Christine and The Queens, Perfume Genius

Won't take a guess at times, but I'd guess those stages will be right. Jamie xx and National clashing may be a bit of a leap, but otherwise the heineken stage looks like it'd be very light for the day. Would be a better fit act-wise, but putting a very popular act like Jamie xx on the main stage could prove too tempting

I'd say you're not wrong. Sunday is f*cking clash central for me in all likelihood - Perfume Genius, Christine and the Queens, Jamie xx, Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty and the National are what I wanted to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd say there's almost no chance Kelela or Laura Mvula are on the Whelans stage. Kelela probably on the Heineken stage, it's usually guitar-y bands.
    All Tvvins far more likely to be headlining the Whelans stage on Sunday based on past headliners.

could see Nina Kraviz closing the Heineken stage. big dance name and allows Tyler and Action Bronson to play before her and not clash with Kendrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VastEmptiness

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Depends. I've been there one day with a hip flask and I was caught with a metal detector. Literally the next day I was waved through.

You wouldn't be thrown out for having a naggin down your jocks would they? I'm assuming they'd just take it off you and let you go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

You wouldn't be thrown out for having a naggin down your jocks would they? I'm assuming they'd just take it off you and let you go on

Nah they didn't even take the hipflask off me, just poured out the whiskey and let me past.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

Does anyone know what time it usually finishes up at? Similar time to Forbidden Fruit? I was supposed to head to a function on Friday night so just curious if I'll make it.

• Advertisement

yeah, same as FF, around 22:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Daisy78

chris_ie wrote: »
    Thinking about attending Longitude this year. Havent been to a festival in a while! Usually traveled over Glastonbury yearly but gave it a miss the last few years. Was at Oxegen years ago and atmosphere was kinda crap. Longitude seems to be decent though based on what I've read. Is it better to try and stay in a hotel nearby or just pick a hotel based off the shuttle bus drop offs? Would imagine taking the car would be a nightmare..

The atmosphere isn't what you would expect from Glastonbury or even Electric Picnic. Based on my experience last year it definitely seems to attract more of the under 25's crowd than some other festivals, with the emphasis on drinking rarher than the music. That said I didn't see any trouble so not all bad. The lineup this year is fantastic, particularly for Sunday. If you intend on going I'd suggest booking a hotel nearby if you can, the logistics of getting out of the park and back to town can be a bit of a nightmare, even if you have your own car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

MattD wrote: »
    I'd be guessing we'll get fairly similar to:

Friday Main: Kendrick, Chvrches, Lumineers, Daughter, Laura Mvula/Kelela
    Friday Heineken: Tyler, Action, Nina Kraviz, Ryan Hemsworth
    Whelans: Kelela/Mvula, Section Boyz

Daughter on the main stage would be a waste. I wish they would just clash Lumineers with Chvrches also but I doubt it'll happen

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

So how does everyone get back into town after it?
    I remember having to run to catch buses a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

mimimcmc wrote: »
    So how does everyone get back into town after it?
    I remember having to run to catch buses a couple of years ago

You can book Marathon coaches online for €10 return from George's Quay. Never used them myself from Marlay Park but they were top notch for Slane lady year.

Alternatively you can walk to the Luas in Dundrum. It's a decent walk though.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    You can book Marathon coaches online for €10 return from George's Quay. Never used them myself from Marlay Park but they were top notch for Slane lady year.

Alternatively you can walk to the Luas in Dundrum. It's a decent walk though.

It's about a half hour walk if you know the right way to go if I recall correctly - the real issue is that the crowds in Marlay Park would add an extra half hour or so just in terms of how long it takes to get out of the arena.

Marathon coaches seem to be the best bet, travel info says that there is on site coach parking for the first time this year but to allow two hours for the travel so you may find yourself sitting on a coach for a while before getting back into town!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Would the 16 still be running as normal do ye reckon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

MGMTea wrote: »
    Would the 16 still be running as normal do ye reckon ?

Dont quote me on this, but I remember two years ago that there was an increased 16 service after the acts had finished heading into town. I walked by like 3 buses that were filling up at around 11 outside marlay. They might release the news on their website next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

• Registered Users Posts: 18 inz

As this is a festival, I'm assuming there's no reason to show up early to get a pit wristband, or do they do this for longitude?

no, there is no pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

How hard is it to get a taxi afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

lots of transport information in this link. Taxis were hard to get last year.
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/public_information_-_marlay_concerts_2016_6.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Taxis were pretty hard to get last year, I was walking around outside for about 30 minutes before flagging one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

No stage times yet. Would be interesting to know

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    No stage times yet. Would be interesting to know

I think they came out the Wednesday beforehand last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is?? Before i get slated, its not for longitude im bringing them, its for the stone roses, im only posting in this forum because im assuming its the same security.
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

****ing hell I'm glad I'm not going to the Stone Roses.

Final acts announced:

Ham Sandwich
    Rusangano Family
    Wyvern Lingo
    We Cut Corners
    Brian Deady
    Daithi
    District 8 DJs

Tbf - decent group of Irish acts to be announcing. Brings the total number of acts I want to see on Sunday to 10, stands at about 4 for the entire rest of the weekend... F*cking clash central here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is?? Before i get slated, its not for longitude im bringing them, its for the stone roses, im only posting in this forum because im assuming its the same security.
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

I'm assuming the policy is have a ****ing word with yourself mate.

As far as 'Irish acts that play every single festival', that's a decent list for me definitely. Hamsandwich are always reliable enough for a good performance and We Cut Corners and Rusangano will be worth a look.

http://www.longitude.ie/news/whelans-live-stage-returns-longitude

Whelan's stage acts (but no times) announced. Perfume Genius (Sunday headliner probably), Saint Sister, Pleasure Beach, Daithi, Otherkin, Elias, we cut corners, bears den (probably Saturdays headliner), Lucius and others

Still very much on the fence about going to this on the Friday or not. Was going to wait until a bit closer to the day and see what the stage times and weather is like but also worried it might sell out as everyone I've spoke to is going on the Friday (for Kendrick, who I have very little interest in).

Was trying to have a guess at the running order before I made my decision came up with this, anyone think it will be any different?

Main stage:
    Brian Deady
    Laura Mvula
    Daughter
    Chrvches
    The Lumineers
    Kendrick Lamar

Heineken stage:
    Hare Squaed
    Section Boyz
    Kelela
    Action Bronson
    Tyler The Creator
    Nina Kraviz

Whelans:
    Declan McKenna
    Marlon Williams
    Elias
    Otherkin
    We Cut Corners

RBMA:
    Mix & Fairbanks
    Colin Devine
    Stevie G
    Ryan Hemsworth
    Adultrock
    Colin Perkins

Anyone know if TXFM are having their stage there this year? Usually good craic down at that.

looks pretty much how I'd guess.
    Nina Kraviz could well be on the the RBMA though, they had Carl Craig there in the evening was last year who is a pretty big international name too. not sure why they had him early though, he might have had another gig that night and a plane to catch or something.

I'd imagine TXFM are there, they've been plugging Longitude quite a bit over the last couple of months.

• Advertisement

looks pretty much how I'd guess.
    Nina Kraviz could well be on the the RBMA though, they had Carl Craig there in the evening was last year who is a pretty big international name too. not sure why they had him early though, he might have had another gig that night and a plane to catch or something.

I'd imagine TXFM are there, they've been plugging Longitude quite a bit over the last couple of months.

Just heard there that Stevie G is closing out the RBMA stage so I probably got that stage a bit wrong. You're right I forgot about Carl Craig last year but if Stevie G is playing last on the RBMA I can't imagine Nina Kraviz playing that stage during the day.

Not too many acts I like playing to be honest but I'll catch Chvrches, Daughter and a few of the acts at the RBMA. Le Freak are playing on the Friday of the Speakeasy stage as well, I've heard they're a lot of fun.

Advertisement