Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went to buy tickets for the Friday last night at about 9pm and it appears to be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Whelan's stage looking like it's gonna look something like this:

Friday:
    20.30 - 21.30 Otherkin
    19.15 - 20.00 Elias
    18.00 - 18.45 Marlon Williams
    16.45 - 17.30 We Cut Corners
    15.30 - 16.15 Declan McKenna
    14.30 - 15.00 Depth Perception

Saturday:
    20.30 - 21.15 Bear's Den
    19.00 - 19.45 Izzy Bizzu
    17.45 - 18.30 Daithí
    16.00 - 16.45 Pleasure Beach
    15.00 - 15.30 Saint Sister
    14.00 - 14.30 Félim

Sunday:
    20.00 - 20.45 Perfume Genius
    18.45 - 19.30 Lucius
    17.30 - 18.15 Shura
    16.15 - 17.00 Rationale
    15.00 - 15.45 Joseph

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VastEmptiness

What's the best way back into town afterwards? What are the chances of catching a luas at Balally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone know what the best way to get back into town afterwards would be? Marathon are doing shuttles until midnight but they're first come first serve and that sounds like a pain in the hole to deal with. Would Dublin Bus put extra buses on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

They put on extra 16s into town for stone roses, so I imagine they'll do the same thing for longitude, at least on the Friday and Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Anyone know what kind of state the place was in after Stone Roses and Kodaline with the bit of rain? Hoping to get away without wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone know what kind of state the place was in after Stone Roses and Kodaline with the bit of rain? Hoping to get away without wellies

I was at the Stone Roses yesterday and the site is in top condition. Couldn't have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Just bought Friday and Sunday tickets.

Sunday looks like it's going to be awful for clashes though, The National are a definite we'll see how the rest of the day plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Went to buy tickets for the Friday last night at about 9pm and it appears to be sold out.

They're back on sale today, got one this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a weekend freebie, just hope the weather holds up now. Shouldn't be as bad for getting home as the Stone Roses was - there's no Beyonce gig on and people will be leaving at different times.

• Advertisement

Got a weekend freebie, just hope the weather holds up now. Shouldn't be as bad for getting home as the Stone Roses was - there's no Beyonce gig on and people will be leaving at different times.

How would Beyonce affect Marley park?

Marley is brutal for transport, it's up there with the phoenix park. They give out this travel info about public transport which isn't good enough after concerts.
    The luas is at least 35/40 mins walk, and if your lucky you manage to catch the last luas.
    Dublin bus, unless you leave early, you're not going to get on one.
    Going to town after really is the only option, on a bus put on for the concert.

I live approx 10 minutes by car from Marley park, but unless I drive, there's really no way home except walking, which takes 45/50 minutes.

I'm going to longitude on Sunday & this is really putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

bubblypop wrote: »

Marley is brutal for transport, it's up there with the phoenix park. They give out this travel info about public transport which isn't good enough after concerts.
    The luas is at least 35/40 mins walk, and if your lucky you manage to catch the last luas.

I live approx 10 minutes by car from Marley park, but unless I drive, there's really no way home except walking, which takes 45/50 minutes.

Stand alone gigs have a capacity of about 30,000, Longitude is about 10,000 a day. It's always much easier to get out of there from Longitude.

All the taxi's were carrying people to and from Croke Park rather than venturing out to Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Balally luas stop is 2.6km walk away, if that's taking you more than 35mins then you must have mobility issues or be seriously unfit or something...
    the last one towards town passes around 00:20, so there's really no excuse for not making it in time for the last one.

I'd be chuffed if I could get home with just a 45 minute walk. Walked to the Dropping Well until I got a taxi for the Stone Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

What LUAS line goes to/from Marley Park and where does it go to in town? My son is staying near Bus Aras and was going to book the Marathon shuttle for the 3 days but I didn't realise the LUAS ran close to MP and after midnight. Might save him (aka me!) and his buddies a few bob.

What LUAS line goes to/from Marley Park and where does it go to in town? My son is staying near Bus Aras and was going to book the Marathon shuttle for the 3 days but I didn't realise the LUAS ran close to MP and after midnight. Might save him (aka me!) and his buddies a few bob.

It's about a half hour walk to the Balally stop. It'd be fine for getting there but could be jammed for getting back depending - https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/53.2763585,-6.2646323/Balally/@53.2801692,-6.268302,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x5f9805ba8426c41d!2m2!1d-6.2367107!2d53.2860547!3e2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

It's about a half hour walk to the Balally stop. It'd be fine for getting there but could be jammed for getting back depending - https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/53.2763585,-6.2646323/Balally/@53.2801692,-6.268302,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x5f9805ba8426c41d!2m2!1d-6.2367107!2d53.2860547!3e2
    Thank you.

Balally luas stop is 2.6km walk away, if that's taking you more than 35mins then you must have mobility issues or be seriously unfit or something...
    the last one towards town passes around 00:20, so there's really no excuse for not making it in time for the last one.

It's at least 30 mins. Even according to Google.
    You do that walk with thousands of other people and see how restricted you are.
    There's nothing wrong with my fitness thanks!

Oh and on Sunday night the last luas leaves brides Glen at 11pm, so balally about 11.20 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Could you cycle?

Could you cycle?

Yea I was thinking that today, not going through all that again, it really does take from a good concert.
    Could be a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

I'm out of the country and have a Friday ticket bought, I'm not sure if I'll be home for Friday yet, I want to give the ticket to a friend if I can't go....would I be able to forward the email ticket to him and he can print that off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

It's disgraceful that it should be so difficult to get home from Marley Park after a gig.

An earlier poster blamed lack of taxis last Saturday night on Beyonce concert - well the last time I was in Marley Park a couple of years ago (can't remember what the gig was :confused:) I was wandering aimlessly around the perimeter of the park afterwards, ended up near a Centra, not one taxi in sight. Ended up walking miles before I got one.

Not looking forward to this expedition again next Sunday.

Any word yet on stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's at least 30 mins. Even according to Google.
    You do that walk with thousands of other people and see how restricted you are.
    There's nothing wrong with my fitness thanks!
    I have, it took 25mins after Longitude on Friday last year. I was back in the city centre before midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I did that walk to the luas stop after Arctic Monkeys last year, it's not that bad and not as busy as I thought it would.

Longitude at 10k should be grand, that's less than the 3Arena Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭maverick_21

Any ideas when the set times will be released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's disgraceful that it should be so difficult to get home from Marley Park after a gig.

An earlier poster blamed lack of taxis last Saturday night on Beyonce concert - well the last time I was in Marley Park a couple of years ago (can't remember what the gig was :confused:) I was wandering aimlessly around the perimeter of the park afterwards, ended up near a Centra, not one taxi in sight. Ended up walking miles before I got one.

Not looking forward to this expedition again next Sunday.

Any word yet on stage times?

It's really not if you're organised. There's shuttle busses to the Luas. There's coaches back into town.

If you're relying on taxis, you're going to be let down. Marley is on the outskirts of Dublin. Taxis have little reason to be there unless dropping someone off as there would be plenty of work for them in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    I'm out of the country and have a Friday ticket bought, I'm not sure if I'll be home for Friday yet, I want to give the ticket to a friend if I can't go....would I be able to forward the email ticket to him and he can print that off ?
    Yep, you need to click the link to print tickets, login to ticketmaster and then go to print, then you will have the option to save it down as a pdf. Email the pdf to your pal to print

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ja88

I'm sure this is a complete off chance but if anyone has any tickets for Saturday for sale I'm looking for two please and thank you.

Advertisement