Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude 2016 - 15 – 17 JULY 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Me and 6 friends are going to longitude on friday night. We're staying in a hostel in the city centre and are looking at getting the Marathon shuttle bus back to marlay and then back into the city. What are the chances of being able to hop on one without booking? Just preparing for worst case scenario i shall be printing off the route to walk back to the city, but thats gonna take at least 2 and a half hours and im not sure if i trust myself with a few drinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Managed to grab a Friday ticket today in the end as they went back on sale for a while. All this talk of transport is kind of scaring me, I remember it was bad last year but didn't think it was that bad. If I leave 15 mins before the end of Kendrick should I have any trouble catching a taxi?

I'd say the set times will be out tomorrow or Wednesday. They came out on the Wednesday before it last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Me and 6 friends are going to longitude on friday night. We're staying in a hostel in the city centre and are looking at getting the Marathon shuttle bus back to marlay and then back into the city. What are the chances of being able to hop on one without booking? Just preparing for worst case scenario i shall be printing off the route to walk back to the city, but thats gonna take at least 2 and a half hours and im not sure if i trust myself with a few drinks...

Thats quite the walk carrying a cargo of harp. Better off booking the shuttle in advance to avoid unnecessary hassle or take the luas option either.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Managed to grab a Friday ticket today in the end as they went back on sale for a while. All this talk of transport is kind of scaring me, I remember it was bad last year but didn't think it was that bad. If I leave 15 mins before the end of Kendrick should I have any trouble catching a taxi?

I'd say the set times will be out tomorrow or Wednesday. They came out on the Wednesday before it last year anyway.

We started to leave at the jam part of resurrection on sat, took us 5 mins to get a taxi, in the workmans at 11.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Does Jamie XX ever have Romy or Oliver at his live shows? Or is it just himself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Does Jamie XX ever have Romy or Oliver at his live shows? Or is it just himself?

Saw him last year and it was just himself. He was great. Ye are in for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Just himself. Usually has a pretty cool light show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Stage times and app coming at 10am tomorrow, they posted on their Facebook post.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand tickets are (almost) gone.

Sunday day tickets still available, everything else sold out according to Longitude on Twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Maybe a slightly strange question, how strict would Workman's/Whelans/Flannerys and their ilk be on letting people in wearing shorts? Probably be getting a bus straight in after the gig and don't want to be lugging a pair of trousers around with me all day to get changed into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

They released a good few extra Saturday tickets on the sly today, I knew a few who managed to pick them up, but they seem to be sold out again.

Hope the weather is on our side!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Maybe a slightly strange question, how strict would Workman's/Whelans/Flannerys and their ilk be on letting people in wearing shorts? Probably be getting a bus straight in after the gig and don't want to be lugging a pair of trousers around with me all day to get changed into

My mate was in the Workman's on Saturday night after the Stone Roses. He was wearing shorts and it was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

lc180 wrote: »
    My mate was in the Workman's on Saturday night after the Stone Roses. He was wearing shorts and it was no problem.

Cheers, might chance it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Stage times and app coming at 10am tomorrow, they posted on their Facebook post.

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

downloaded for the times, but there's no times on it yet, and a whole load of other worthless ****e :mad:

:D think i'll just take note of the times for the Sunday so, thanks for the heads up ghostdancer!

if they put up a photo of the times on the website/FB, I'll be deleting the app straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Whats on it lots of sponsored shít from coke and Heineken?

• Advertisement

CnO56K_WAAA1VLd.jpg

Pretty much clash free Sunday for me, wooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Some horrible clashes for me on Sunday! First world problems and all that :)

Disappointed about the Kurt Vile/Jamie xx clash on Sunday, but otherwise that's pretty good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Not too many clashes, but disappointed RTJ, Annie Mac and particularly Jamie xx aren't in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Of course Nina Kraviz and Kendrick would clash on the Friday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Of course Nina Kraviz and Kendrick would clash on the Friday :mad:

You still get half an hour of Kendrick at the start, take advantage of that, its not like a Glastonbury walk to the next stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

personally i'd prefer to just miss Kraviz, haven't seen Kendrick since Vicar Street a few years ago. she'll probably be back within the next year.

don't know why they haven't booked her (or other DJs) for some official after-parties. even another promoter could have swooped in and booked her for later in the night, assuming no contract clauses prohibiting it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

don't know why they haven't booked her (or other DJs) for some official after-parties. even another promoter could have swooped in and booked her for later in the night, assuming no contract clauses prohibiting it.....

Is there no official after parties?

don't think so, haven't seen anything like Forbidden Fruit does with acts playing in city centre venues later anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Jamie XX is playing in the Hangar Sunday night I think.

Advertisement