Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NRL 2016 and all things Australian Rugby League thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Thursday night games there are silly with everyone working friday. have it in Allianz or something . I couldn't even get out there because of work.Last Thursday game there against the tigers , I fell asleep on the train back and woke up in Campbelltown at 2.30am.
    Glory Glory to South Sydney :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Rerun of last year's Grand Final now Brisbane v Nth Queensland. Should be a cracker, which I'm missing due to work, I'll have to make do with the sky plus version later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

What is it about Cowboys V Broncos games? As good as the Grand Final in terms of excitement.

Brisbane lost their shape a little bit with all the injuries but fair to the Cowboys i thought they were gone 18-6 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great game between the Cowboys and Broncos. I fancied Milford would land that drop goal near the end to level it up, but no.

Taumalolo was immense; and credit to Thurston for landing the crucial drop goal just after being hit.

Gonna be tough for the other games this weekend to measure up to that drama. :cool:

Origin teams announced , no surprises for QLD , Adam Renyolds and James maloney pairing up in the Halves , No Pearce...Dylan Walker named too.WTF?

• Advertisement

The two Queensland newcomers, especially Oates, look like they're adding something to an already strong team. Can't see them losing.

Reynolds will do well for NSW but the overall selection smacks of an overreaction to last years third game hammering.

Well NSW have two of the best kickers in the league in reynolds and maloney, Qld looks way too strong.Inglis is back on form and remember his 75 meter dash down the wing to score a disallowed try last year? Ive a feeling its gonna be a bloodbath. Still , I'm getting tickets tonight...25k seats still free for the first game

Bryce Cartwright's omission seems to have left many commentators scratching their head.

Queensland team list

1. Grub
    2. Young Grub
    3. Inglis
    4. Grub
    5. Grub
    6. Kicking grub
    7.Grub
    8.Grub
    9.Captain Grub
    10.Grub
    11.Grub
    12.Slow talking Grub
    13.Old Grub

interchange
    Bench warming grub (14) Bench warming grub(15) Bench warming grub(16)Bench warming grub(17)

Cooper Cronk was a doubt for Origin 1, according to comms on the Brisbane game they reckon he should be fit for QLD.

Edit: Great game with the Broncos and the Tigers, Broncos missing 6 first teamers for origin but only just lost by a point to Wests. Thought Brisbane might even snatch it at the end.

• Advertisement

Just caught the Broncos vs Tigers game now. Super finale.

Can't beat Aussie Rugby League for quality but there's been some fantastic games in Super League this year, unpredictable too which is making it more enjoyable.

/drumming up interest in RL this hemisphere!

Back to Aus, not long til Origin one. Looks like I'm in minority on boards hoping for a QLD win!

2 more sleeps ......Dugan is out with an elbow injury

Knights v Eels today, Parramatta in disarray, drug cases, salary cap etc. Shambolic.

So they'll only win by 8. ;)

(if you look at my tipping record it is pretty well, consistently, always wrong!)

Excellent game so far, Newcastle have scored 16 points in a row to fight back from 10 nil down. Eels losing the plot with the ref.

Edit: Now Parramatta go back in front and on the front foot again. Looking likely to score again.

2nd Edit: Knights denied at the death and I think they should have got the ball back after the ball was held up then stolen (imo).

My prediction record continues.

Excellent game so far, Newcastle have scored 16 points in a row to fight back from 10 nil down. Eels losing the plot with the ref.

Edit: Now Parramatta go back in front and on the front foot again. Looking likely to score again.

2nd Edit: Knights denied at the death and I think they should have got the ball back after the ball was held up then stolen (imo).

My prediction record continues.

Yeah that was an awful decision. Clearly stripped on the ground.

Parramatta won off scraps in the second half.

feel sorry for Newcastle,could have sent the roosters down to the bottom again there. congrats to Parra for earning their first 2 competion points of the season
    big transfer news looks likely today , Bad news for my beloved Souths. Cody Walker looks to be Broncos bound

Day off in the week when Origin is on? Don't mind if I do.

Come on you Maroons.

All Queensland so far, though they've benefited from a couple of iffy ref calls.

Edit: Few minutes later and NSW get the first try of the game after massive amount of possession!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Very defensive game 4-6 ft , nsw were almost in but the ball was held up on the line, Queensland didn't really have many chances 2nd half but hung on for the win

• Advertisement

Just watched it now. The game never really exploded into life. Maybe in the next one it will. A lot of criticism is being levelled at the bunker for disallowing the Morris effort but I found I agreed with the call.

Also I thought the NSW try came off a forward pass, but the commentary said nothing about it so maybe I'm wrong. :pac:

I was impressed with Josh Papalii and Darius Boyd for Queensland.

Looks like it will be tough for the Blues to come back now.

Daley didn't pull too many punches in his press conference, called for different refs next game. Can't blame the on field team for the disallowed try though, touch judge and ref said try on the pitch. I personally didn't see anything definitive to go against them on replay, video ref did though. Whether he crossed the line or not, vid ref had to be 100 percent sure to disallow it and I can't see how he could have been. Far too iffy to go against the ruling on the field, try should have been given.

Tbh, even wanting QLD to win, they did seem to get most of the 50/50 calls their way. Even Walters said as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Daley didn't pull too many punches in his press conference, called for different refs next game. Can't blame the on field team for the disallowed try though, touch judge and ref said try on the pitch. I personally didn't see anything definitive to go against them on replay, video ref did though. Whether he crossed the line or not, vid ref had to be 100 percent sure to disallow it and I can't see how he could have been. Far too iffy to go against the ruling on the field, try should have been given.

Tbh, even wanting QLD to win, they did seem to get most of the 50/50 calls their way. Even Walters said as much.

Im a blues fan all my life , while the 50/50 did seem to favour the Maroons (but if you say that as a blues youre either a sore loser or a sook)they were correct to not allow the "try" . the game wasnt great in fairness and the blues are really up against it now. Unfortunatly i cant see them winning the next two games.

Manly being investigated for match fixing......games looked into are souths/manly game from august last year where we flooged the grubs 20-6 and the manly/parra game in the arse end of the season.
    apparently 50k bets on that manly would lose 13+ in the souths game at least.
    Lets see how they go against Canberra tonight

Junior Paulo ploughing through the Sea Eagles.

This could be a cricket score.

Fair fupps to Manly, they made a real go of this game with injuries left right and centre.

Yeah Manly were rocked with injuries. And that head collision looked nasty.

Some interesting games on Saturday. Storm vs Panthers should be a good one. Warriors could be in for a tough time against the Broncos.

Yeah Manly were rocked with injuries. And that head collision looked nasty.

Some interesting games on Saturday. Storm vs Panthers should be a good one. Warriors could be in for a tough time against the Broncos.

Yeah I'm awake here since before 6am, only benefit is I get to watch more games! The Warriors twitter feed encourages use of the hash tag
    #LetsGoneWarriors. No idea if that's a spelling mistake or means something deep.

Good start for them anyway!

Well this is fantastic from the Warriors. Decent crowd too, making plenty of noise.

• Advertisement

Pretty relentless how bad the season has been for Newcastle, next week against the Warriors could be a good one to be at though. NZ can't play well two weeks in a row surely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement