Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NRL 2016 and all things Australian Rugby League thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone watch the final State of Origin game? I thought it was very enjoyable. No whitewash this year although going into the final minutes I figured there would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

It was Awesome , great to see the Biff coming back
    Inglis looks like he shattered Dugans jaw with his concrete shoulder , looking at 4 weeks out
    hope Jennings and fifita never see the inside of a blues camp again
    Was bloody cold out there last night

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Bit of passion in that one. best part was woods trying to jump on top of the players after scoring and missing and ending up on the floor funny stuff. Fifita is a clown but personally I thought Inglis and shoulder charge was pretty bad & the hair pulling dirty the blues had the fair share of grubs too over the series in fairness. good to see origin back with emotion. the series was pretty close in score hopefully next year the blues can up it again.

I felt for the Rabbitohs after that bunker decision against Manly. That was a really poor call.

A shame that Thurtston has been ruled out for 2 games as I was looking forward to Saturday's clash between the Cowboys and Storm. I think Melbourne can beat them with him missing.

Also have a sneaky feeling the Sharks's run might come to an end against the Titans next week.

shocking decision , the bunker is a massive waste of money. Thomas Burgess charged by the match review committee for a grade one shoulder charge while Jamie Lyons gets away with his. Saw at least 5 shoulder charges by Mongly

Met Bryan Fletcher last week actually had a beer with him. Great bloke.

• Advertisement

Also have a sneaky feeling the Sharks's run might come to an end against the Titans next week.

Well the winning run came to an end but it's still an undefeated run. An exciting game, that.

Melbourne Storm looked good defensively against the Cowboys but I'd love to see what would have happened if Thurston was fit.

Anyone got any predictions for who will win the whole thing? I'm leaning towards the Storm at the moment.

Well the winning run came to an end but it's still an undefeated run. An exciting game, that.

Melbourne Storm looked good defensively against the Cowboys but I'd love to see what would have happened if Thurston was fit.

Anyone got any predictions for who will win the whole thing? I'm leaning towards the Storm at the moment.
    Storm or cowboys I would say. Hopefully the dogs ;) ( but even I think that is far fetched)

The hayne plane signing for Titans today , Parra fans everywhere spewing,,,
    Robbie Farah looks to sign for souths..... Personally spewing here.

Sharkies starting to choke. Hard to see past storm now. Watched the dogs earlier have to say not very convincing. Stick my neck out here storm v cowboys final

Only today caught up with the recent NRL action. Hayne did alright for the Titans against the Warriors, though he had one sloppy pass. I suppose he needs a few games under his belt to be judged properly.

The fend from Solomone Kata for his try was brilliant.

I was surprised the Tigers beat the Cowboys with Thurston back but it was a deserved win. Only saw highlights of Panthers vs Roosters but the Panthers looked to be playing some stylish stuff.

Tigers vs Titans should be the game of the weekend with both 9th and 10th respectively, plus Hayne likely to get another run out. Also looking forward to the Raiders vs Storm which should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

I was at bruce stadium last night to watch the raiders storm game. A full house very loudly cheered on canberra to a great win. They are gonna be in the mix come finals the way things are going. Massive defensively and that right edge with leilua and rapana just churns out tries. Aidan sezer has really looked on top of his kicking game of late and hodgson at 9 has to be the dally M front-runner

Raiders play like they are , Could be having a grand final this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Raiders play like they are , Could be having a grand final this year....
    Yep that's 7 from 7 now so who knows. My wife is a big raiders fan and we are going to the GF anyway. If canberras there age will flip!

I was at bruce stadium last night to watch the raiders storm game. A full house very loudly cheered on canberra to a great win. They are gonna be in the mix come finals the way things are going. Massive defensively and that right edge with leilua and rapana just churns out tries. Aidan sezer has really looked on top of his kicking game of late and hodgson at 9 has to be the dally M front-runner

Jack Wighton was great last week against the Sharks too. A lot of their players seem to be in good form at the minute.

Grand final is going to be awesome , curiously , GnR have announced a gig in February for Sydney.......much of a stretch to think they might be the half time act??? (GF is in October , i know)

Just caught up with the latest action. Great to see one of my favourites Vunivalu doing well again. He just needs to work on the defensive side of his game a bit more and he can be a real star.

Raiders again showing their quality by coming back to beat the Eels. What's happening to the Sharks though? A third straight loss. They picked the wrong time in the season to have a bad spell.

And the Robbie Farah story continues. He looks to be off to Souths for sure.Cameron McInnes Is off to St George paving the way for that plank Farah. (his Brother Eddie is head physio at Souths , nice fella actually ) Reckon Stom will take the Minor Premiership.,Sharks will surely choke again at the weekend. And thats the end of monday night for good :( The only thing that made the day bearable.
    really gonna miss my fix of Joey and the Matty Johns show
    Monday night footy has some of the best games ever , not to mention this gem and best comeback in the history of the competition
    http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/08/29/the_greatest_monday_.html

I would back Storm as well but Sharks did look to be showing their form from a few weeks back against the Roosters.

What's the verdict on the Tigers? Will they get the big win they need over Canberra? I'm tempted to watch it live but it's on at 5am over here so I don't reckon I'll manage that. :pac:

So Melbourne Storm win the minor premiership. I fancied that game would be a lot closer than it was. Koroibete was terrific. I was also pleased to see one of my favourites Vunivalu get a try. I think I'm right he has now beaten Israel Folau's record of tries in a debut season.

Tigers vs Raiders should be great on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Tigers vs Raiders should be great on Sunday.

Well the Raiders were great at least. :pac:

Any finals matches that people are particularly interested in?

Panthers and the dogs..Panthers are going to run rings around them. The dogs havent changed their game plan in years.totally unimaginative

So it's farewell to the Titans. I feared the worst once Hayne fumbled the ball at the start of the second half. I did think they had a few harsh calls go against them though. Milford had a very good game for the Broncos.

It will be interesting if Broncos face Storm again since they beat them only a few weeks ago.

Wow what a win for the Sharks. Didn't see that coming when they were 12-0 down. They're back.

Panthers and the dogs..Panthers are going to run rings around them. The dogs havent changed their game plan in years.totally unimaginative

You turned out to be right. I thought the Bulldogs might spring an upset after their strong start.

this week will be tricky to call , But Im still tipping Broncos and Raiders .....
    Keith Urban has been announced as the Grand Final "entertainment"......how **** it that
    Gerald Sutton has been dropped , about time too

I'll go for Cowboys to win. I think Thurston will get them over the line.

Hard to call between Raiders and Panthers. It should be brilliant. I'll go for Raiders in that one.

and Kieran Foran is canterbury bound apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Unbelievable game between Cowboys and Brisbane once again.

Thurston the genius once again

• Advertisement

Yeah a terrific game. I wish I had watched it live. With Thurston there the Cowboys can't be written off. I have no idea who will win between them and the Sharks next week.

Looking forward now to Raiders vs Panthers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement