Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You can now permanently remove games from your Steam Account

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

My inner hoarder is squirming at the thought :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I see people in the comments there saying you can hide games from your library which makes more sense. All I do is put the ones Im playing or plan to play (:rolleyes: yeah i know!) in a favourites list, and keep that active instead of the full library.
    Is there another way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I set mine to "Installed games" to show only the ones I have on my system, removing ones that I'm done with and only going back to the full list when I want to install one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Agricola wrote: »
    I see people in the comments there saying you can hide games from your library which makes more sense. All I do is put the ones Im playing or plan to play (:rolleyes: yeah i know!) in a favourites list, and keep that active instead of the full library.
    Is there another way?

That feature has been in for a while. But this is because people wanted to remove unwanted games they don't want (e.g if they got from bundles). Games will still show in various areas of Steam that you have the game, even if you hide it in your library.

Honestly I have a load of tat games from various bundles ages ago that I mainly farmed for Trading cards but never *really* wanted the game. This is a good way to reduce clutter in my library account (600 games so far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, what happens if you delete a game from your library, but decide again at a later date you want to play it, do you have to re-purchase that game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Valve! please sort the categories by genre for ****s sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Why would you ever do this? As opposed to just moving them to a "who ****ing cares" category?

Other than the beta options some games give, there is not upside at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

WHY????

I've been collecting games since the 90s.

I still have the big old boxes n cases with theme park, gta, worms, half life, etc.

I have never, ever thrown a game out. I even kept Duke Nukem Forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah I see no reason to permanently remove access to a game I own, even if I hate it I can just hide it. It's not like it's taking up physical space in my house or even hard drive space since I don't need to download it. I guess this is for people with OCD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

RopeDrink wrote: »
    *Knuckle Crack* -- Time to nuke that overlong list of RPG-maker games that always get chucked into bundles that I am never, ever, going to play nor want to see, ever.

Does say some bundles have to be removed together...

So if steam can now remove accounts surely we should see them let people sell or give away games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

If you go to set category you can tick a box to hide a game from your library. No idea how to unhide them though. I just cant bring myself to delete a game completely. One day I might play it!

No idea how to unhide them though.

XlkY9zV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Does say some bundles have to be removed together...

So if steam can now remove accounts surely we should see them let people sell or give away games?

You don't own any of your games, you just rent the licence afaik.

Why?

You don't own any of your games, you just rent the licence afaik.

You purchase the license, no? What the license entails varies and is different from owning the license to the IP rather than just a copy of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You purchase the license, no? What the license entails varies and is different from owning the license to the IP rather than just a copy of the game.

Think there was some EU ruling or case over this, few years ago. Think it ruled, that yes, those games, purchased are your property.

Removed a couple of games from my Steam account after discovering this thread. It is nice to be able to get rid of some of those useless games that I know I will never play again. Now if only Apple followed suit and allowed the option of permanently removing some of the crap apps from my iTunes account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can finally get rid of some of the F2P games that i'll never play. I know i can hide them, but still a nice feature to have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think there was some EU ruling or case over this, few years ago. Think it ruled, that yes, those games, purchased are your property.

Until someone gets challenged in court and there's ruling then it's a very grey legal area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

I guess this is handy for some outdated versions of games, for example I have Arma 2 Beta and the old version of Company of Heroes which has been replaced by "New Steam version" - so I wouldn't mind removing those from my library.

• Advertisement
Advertisement