Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU

Options
  • 04-12-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a first time build and when ordering the PSU I have the option of modular, semi modular or non modular.

I've Googled the difference but there seems to be differing views on what one to get.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Modular = All cables are detachable.

Semi modular = 24 pin and cpu 4/8 pin are not detachable but not an issue as they have to be used anyway.Pci-e cable are normally detachable.Sata and molex power are detachable.

Non modular = All cables non detachable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Doesn't really make much of a difference to be honest. Semi and modular are nice, but not required unless you are really caring about how clean the inside of your case looks. Mine started pretty clean and then I added few things and now it's all over the place again. Doesn't really matter as long as air flow isn't impeded and you aren't looking at it through a window everyday.

Advertisement