Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan for less than €300 rtn!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Go Go Go. Was there last year, amazing country. If I didn't have summer hols planned already I would be all over this. Layover of just 2 hours in Istanbul is a bonus as sometimes these deals mean huge layovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'd book immediately myself if i could convince one of my friends to go quickly. by the time they decide to go, it will be long gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Go Go Go. Was there last year, amazing country. If I didn't have summer hols planned already I would be all over this. Layover of just 2 hours in Istanbul is a bonus as sometimes these deals mean huge layovers.

what sort of money, roughly, would you need for 2 weeks over there, just doing average tourist things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

its been fluctuating for the last three days.
    from dublin it was 330euros on wednesday; 250 euros yesterday for half an hour and again today its 290 euros
    from budapest it is the cheapest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

2smiggy wrote: »
    what sort of money, roughly, would you need for 2 weeks over there, just doing average tourist things

Eating out is cheap enough, we were staying in fancy enough places but hostels seemed cheap enough. There's loads of noodle bars and the like that are cheap to eat in. The Dormy Inns are good value hotels but hostels will be cheaper.

The big expenditure will be your rail pass
    http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
    For 2 weeks that would cost more than these flights. You could get a 7 day pass and spend a week in or around Tokyo itself. The trains pass is excellent value if you're travelling around but it is a big chunk of money.

It's not like South East Asia price wise, beers and eating out will be similar enough to here. But it's just a fascinating country to visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭RayCon

christeb wrote: »
    I'm working on getting the wife interested as we speak...!

Try a bottle of wine and The Notebook on DVD ......

... oh you mean the flights to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

hmm would love to but Expedia. They will cancel it without telling you once they suss it. Obvious fx rate mismatch.
    If you can get it with the airline you might have a leg to stand on but OTA will leave you high and dry.

Dont book accommodation until a good week or so confirmed AT LEAST.

Shhhhhhhhhut up...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

294€ per person 20 Apr to 4 May Dublin to Tokyo via Istanbul booked, now let's hope Expedia does not cancel this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

do they usually honour these things?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Booked 3 of us for those dates, left out the last d in David and it says you cannot change names but surely you can fix spelling mistakes?

do they usually honour these things?

Yes and No. Depends usually if its an error fare or fuel dump, better chance with the latter.
    Chances are better if booked direct with airline as they sometimes will honour the flight, an OTA like expedia will just pull the fare and cancel if the airline realises they pressed a wrong button.

TK regularly have good low fares but this seems too good, especially with prices out of BUD/BRU at sub €200.

First rule tho, do not call the airline under any circumstance.

Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Actually not really, with Turkish, if your connection is 10h+, you get a free hotel stay or a free tour of Istanbul

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

snubbleste wrote: »
    Actually not really, with Turkish, if your connection is 10h+, you get a free hotel stay or a free tour of Istanbul

Not really. Free hotel is only available if there is no alternative connection for less than 10h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got a confirmation email..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

How long after you booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Are there any dates before June 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

Lost my Heart in TOKYO!!! Nice one OP.. Booked and all. Got email confirmation of itinerary. paid €340. Still a bargain!! lets hope its not too good to be true!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

2smiggy wrote: »
    I'd book immediately myself if i could convince one of my friends to go quickly. by the time they decide to go, it will be long gone :(

I'll go with ya :pac:

Was in Japan a few years ago, amazing country. Very tempted to book and see what happens...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

That article has been proven to be absolute tabloid thrash.

Ryanair are alot more reasonable than haters want to let on as they will have nothing to whine about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Yes and No. Depends usually if its an error fare or fuel dump, better chance with the latter.
    Chances are better if booked direct with airline as they sometimes will honour the flight, an OTA like expedia will just pull the fare and cancel if the airline realises they pressed a wrong button.

TK regularly have good low fares but this seems too good, especially with prices out of BUD/BRU at sub €200.

First rule tho, do not call the airline under any circumstance.

Good luck.
    I assume there's no problem with the refund if the fare is pulled?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This seems to be gone? Fare's have jumped to 70,000 Yen.

[edit] if anyone finds any dates at the cheap rate please let me know - can't see them myself.

I assume there's no problem with the refund if the fare is pulled?

yep they will refund. worse case you lose out in exchange rate.

looks like plug has been pulled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Can still get it for 26,050 with 52,000 taxes?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

I'm guessing this one is gone. I think I need to start checking this site twice a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

asharkman wrote: »
    I'm guessing this one is gone. I think I need to start checking this site twice a day!

aye, and I was just saying at dinner last night "y'know I'd love to go to Japan next year", then happened to pop onto Bargain Alerts after.

If only the thought had crossed my mind at lunchtime instead :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Managed to book two weeks from Dublin in April 2016 for €287.00.

Got confirmation email and it's also showing on the Turkish Airlines Website.

Hopefully it won't get twigged - fingers, toes and ears crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Managed to book two weeks from Dublin in April 2016 for €287.00.

Got confirmation email and it's also showing on the Turkish Airlines Website.

Hopefully it won't get twigged - fingers, toes and ears crossed.

You booked this yesterday or today? I couldn't find any cheap flights last night. Absolutely raging as I had been planning ongoing to Japan around that time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Payment still showing as pending on my bank account. More worried now that this will be cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement