Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks shoes: width fitting advice

Options
  • 04-12-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I recently discovered that Brooks have width fittings.

My last shoes were the Glycerin 10 and I've noticed they wear on the little toe from the inside.

I've always taken a 'G' (wide) fitting in other footwear

I've always used the standard 'D' fitting but wondering do I need the '2E wide' fitting instead?

I recently tried Ghost 7 2E fitting but found them uncomfortable - blisters on the inside of the ball of each foot - but don't know if it's because they're too wide or that the shoe just doesn't suit me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yorky wrote: »
    I recently discovered that Brooks have width fittings.

My last shoes were the Glycerin 10 and I've noticed they wear on the little toe from the inside.

I've always taken a 'G' (wide) fitting in other footwear

I've always used the standard 'D' fitting but wondering do I need the '2E wide' fitting instead?

I recently tried Ghost 7 2E fitting but found them uncomfortable - blisters on the inside of the ball of each foot - but don't know if it's because they're too wide or that the shoe just doesn't suit me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

I will check what I have when I get home, as I have wide feet and use Ghost 7

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Same here.
    I think the Brooks Ghost/Glycerin toe box is pretty wide cos a D always worked for me where other brands always felt tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yorky wrote: »

The Ghost & Glyucerin are inherently the same neutral shoe with some subtle differences mostly down to comfort really.

It sounds like the wider 2E may be just that little too wide. Bear in mind the Glycerin is overall a narrower last than the Ghost so while both are standard D widths the Ghost will be wider in general.

Either D in the Ghost or 2E in the Glycerin sounds about right for you.

Advertisement