Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pCWorld cancels my Black Friday order a week later?

Options
  • 04-12-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Really annoyed. Ordered a laptop and iPad from PC world/ Currys online on Black Friday. They had the best price but there were other good offers on the day.
    I got an email from them today - a week later, telling me they could not fulfill my order and that someone would be in touch

I am raging. I could have got the items at a much reduced proce on Black Friday and now have to source elsewhere at full price.
    Why did they sell this to me if they could not supply it? So annoyed? Can they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bait & Switch. Nothing you can do to force them to supply something they don't have, or reduce another laptop, but you can at least complain about inaccurate advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

That's Ridiculous. So anybody can advertise anything then refuse to supply it as they don't have it! That's great consumer rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

possible their systms were over run. massive amounts of people on their site at the same time. their site could update every 20 mins, which would normally be ok but if theres a huge amount of traffic then problems can happen. maybe go into yer local pc world and look to buy one. if they have it in stock get straight onto the website and tell them to source them from their shops

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

snor wrote: »
    That's Ridiculous. So anybody can advertise anything then refuse to supply it as they don't have it! That's great consumer rights!
    They did have it when they advertised, then it sold out. It's unusual for the website to run out of stock unless it's sharing it with the shop floor. But, if they don't have it, they don't have it. It's nothing against your consumer rights, it's just the way life is.

Rather than shouting like a loon when they contact you about the order just try and get something better for your money. Tell them you're a loyal customer and went with their company over others because you trusted them. Be nice about it first, you might end up better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

In my experience, currys/pcworld is just terrible. Shoddy customer care staff who just don't care. I would be surprised if you were contacted at all tbh.

• Advertisement

I ordered 3 things and it is not even clear from the email if they have all been cancelled so I cannot buy yet elsewhere. 2 of the 3 are still in stock on their website - including an iPad! I can only contact the Internet sales team by email - no phone number. There is probably no point going to one of their shops! To buy the same three products again will now cost me an extra €350. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had same from amazon, ordered deals in stock and suddenly 10 days later two things are out of stock with obe cancelled. Suddenly that item is in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Check out PCWorlds facebook visitor posts...seems that this was happening on a grand scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

I had same experience buying a camera, purchase confirmation followed 10 days later by "out of stock" generic email. Shi7ebags. Was buying for holidays & had to buy alternative one at short notice for extra cash¬ Lesson learnt by me was not to rely on websites for items needed within a deadline. Anything can happen including late delivery.

Exact same - generic email saying out of stock. Seems to be common practice with them. Must check out their Facebook page!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Amazon are normally excellent for their customer service in this sort of situation. If you contact their CS and explain what happened (and the in stock item is exactly the same), they'll most likey honour the original price or give you credit for the difference.

Edit: item must be sold by Amazon obviously.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    I had same from amazon, ordered deals in stock and suddenly 10 days later two things are out of stock with obe cancelled. Suddenly that item is in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Why do people still order from this shower.

The only possible USP they have is better service through bricks and mortar stores - which they've delighted in not providing for decades. Everything is cheaper on Amazon who have way better customer service.

The only time I've ever used them is when Declan was on here and there was some accountability. All gone now.

There's what 3 thread on DSG on the front page of this forum alone? Sorry but really people on here have only themselves to blame at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I placed an order for a tablet with pc world on the 26th of November and no sign of it showing up or any response to numerous emails. How does one exercise their "right of withdrawl" under Eu cosumer legislation, simply email them giving intention to withdraw?
    Its been 11 days and no word, never again, will be using bricks and mortar shops and amazon/alternatives in future as this is a joke of a company.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I placed an order for a tablet with pc world on the 26th of November and no sign of it showing up or any response to numerous emails. How does one exercise their "right of withdrawl" under Eu cosumer legislation, simply email them giving intention to withdraw?
    Its been 11 days and no word, never again, will be using bricks and mortar shops and amazon/alternatives in future as this is a joke of a company.:(
    Their website tells you how to cancel before or after delivery.
    http://www.pcworld.ie/content/returns-policy/1461
    How do I cancel an order before delivery?
    Should you wish to cancel your order before delivery please email us at websales@currys.ie and we will arrange.
    There are two ways to refund your purchase
    • You can return the product to one of our stores with your receipt, bringing the card you paid with, so we can credit it.
    • You can send the product back to us. You must first email us at websales@currys.ie quoting your order number in order to inform us of your decision to cancel. We can then make arrangements for the return of your product.
    The 14 day time limit only kicks in once you actually receive the goods so you have plenty of time to cancel even if the items arrive first.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

goz83 wrote: »
    In my experience, currys/pcworld is just terrible. Shoddy customer care staff who just don't care. I would be surprised if you were contacted at all tbh.

Yeah, they're a bunch of clowns. Reserved a Dyson vacuum online last year for instore collection. So I drove down to Airside an hour later, and it wasn't in stock - and the girl left me standing around for 30mins while she tried to find it because "it must be here somewhere". Idiots.

I contacted the CCPC (Competition and Consumer Protection Commission) about my issue and also referred them to the Currys/PC World facebook page. They got back to me after looking into it and wanted all supporting documentation for further investigation and advised me what to do. most helpful. the more people that complain and draw attention to their behaviour the better.

Advertisement