Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice coffee beans

• 04-12-2015 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

My siblings and I do an online Secret Santa thing every year, and this year, I've drawn my brother. There's an option on the site to do a wishlist, and he's got one thing on his list - "Nice coffee beans".

I don't drink coffee and never have. I have no idea what to buy or where to buy it from (I'm in Dublin, but could order online if necessary.)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

3fe or Badger & Dodo coffee beans are my favourites. And they have lots to choose from, African, Asian, South American beans, any of which I've tried have ranged from very nice to unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Just got some Badger and Dodo stuff today , nicest cup of coffee ive ever brewed at home (though it could have been the new aeropress i picked up today either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

My husband swears by 3fe or CoffeeAngel. They're both in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

+1 on badger and dodo, you can order it online, and they're the nicest beans I've had. The site gives little blurbs on the flavours so you can pick a variety of flavours and I think they also do a year subscription where you get 12 bean deliveries in a year which might make a nice present!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Try Bailies up North. Good stuff. Had a 1 year sub. from them. Not disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Badger and Dodo! Cannot go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Do you know how he brews his coffee? If he drinks espresso, pick a good bean for that, rather than one that is aimed at filter or other methods (it should say in the description!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Badger and Dodo vote from me a well.The Guatemalan is my favourite.
    Make sure to get them really fresh, if possible. Buy them in the last couple of days before christmas and make sure the roast date is only a 2 or 3 days before that. Coffee beans should ideally be consumed within two or three weeks of the roast date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St have a good selection: The Barn (Berlin), Tim Wendleboe (Oslo), 3FE (Dublin), Cloud Picker (Dublin) and their own stuff which is roasted by 3FE.

Roasted Brown (Wicklow) can be got in Project Arts Centre Temple Bar.

CoffeeAngel on South Anne Street is roasted by Bailies(Antrim)

Clement & Pekoe on South William St sells CoffeeMojo(Wicklow), Badger&Dodo(Cork), Silverskin(Dublin) and Climpson&Sons(London).

Vice Coffee on Middle Abbey St sells Squaremile(London), Koppi(Helsingborg) and Round Hill(Somerset).

Tim Wendleboe and Roasted Brown would be my recommendations. Happy shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I really like Cloud Picker beans. Roasted in Dublin. The Sam blend is the one I get http://cloudpickercoffee.ie/collections/coffee/products/sam-new

If you are near one of their cafes, the gloria jeans french vanilla bean is lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I used ot get 1kg bags from Bailies, based in Belfast, but they only seem to do 250g bags now, not as good value (about €7 each per 250g).
    Any good pricing on 1kg bags of nice espresso beans? Badger Dodo seem to be around the €30 mark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not sure about 1KG but Nicks Espresso in ranelagh do 250g bags for €4.50 which I think is very good value.

What sort of price for 1KG are you hoping for?

Well something around the €20-22 mark. That sounds like good value form the place in Ranelagh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you go in there the "Sweet Espresso" is the one you want, the others are more expensive.

adrian522 wrote: »
    If you go in there the "Sweet Espresso" is the one you want, the others are more expensive.
    Worth a try at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Well something around the €20-22 mark. That sounds like good value form the place in Ranelagh

Ponaire do 1kg bags for around €19-21 depending on the blend. Free delivery too :) I like the European Espresso.

Advertisement