Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to have 5 consecutive years of tax record for applying Irish citizenship

Options
  • 04-12-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. So I have been holding a stamp 1 visa for two years with my hosting agreement working as a researcher here. Since my funding is not from Ireland, I got tax exemption for my incomes.

And after two years, I changed my visa from stamp 1 to stamp 4 for 3 years.

So I should have stamp 1(2 years without paying income tax) + stamp 4(3 years paying income tax), And I am eligible to apply for the Irish citizenship. So now I am wondering if these two years without paying income tax will influence the results? Has anybody got similar problems before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you have documentation showing where the income was from,
    AND Revenue were ok with the amount of tax you paid on this income,
    it should be ok for the naturalisation people.

I'd get the income cleared with Revenue. They give balancing statements or P21's after you hand in a p60 each year. They should have some method of dealing with student bursary's.

I think the main thing is not to have any social welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that there may be restrictions if you were deemed to be a student, not a researcher.

Advertisement