Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this gas bill expensive?

Options
  • 04-12-2015 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

85 euro for one month for showers and hot water to clean dishes in the evenings. ? Seems way to high for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Depends, for a 12 bedroom house no, for a 1 bed apartment possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How long do you have the gas set to run for?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Katsumoto47

dudara wrote: »
    How long do you have the gas set to run for?

We turn it on before and after showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Katsumoto47

Depends, for a 12 bedroom house no, for a 1 bed apartment possibly.

2 people one bedroom apt

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

It may be an estimated billing rather than an accurate one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Are you sure it's for one month? The bill usually covers 2...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

back when I lived in a 2 bed house,it was about that every 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

We turn it on before and after showers.

And for central heating? Cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

That was my bill for 2 months there. 2 adults and a child in a 3 bed semi. Gas for heating, water and hob

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

A large portion of the bill is the standing charge, not just the actual gas used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That does seem small. Mine would be about 200-250 for 2 months this time of year but its a 4 bed detached with not a massive usage.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Is it an estimate? Or alternatively was the previous one an estimate but on the low side, so now this one is making up the shortfall. For your usage that seems high. I'm a 1 bed apt, me, hubby and 4 yr old son. Gas goes on half an hour in the morning then half an hour in evening for showers/baths, then we also have a gas hob. Ours is €40 a month.

Advertisement