Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding shock sensor to hkc 6/10

Options
  • 04-12-2015 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi there
    Im looking to add a shock sensor
    cqr SD3 http://www.cqr.co.uk/detectionmenu/sd-shock-sensors/
    To a hkc sw 6/10
    Do I need a resistor 4k7
    I tried adding the above sensor into the loop but get an open zone alarm
    So I disconnected a contact and replaced it with above shock sensor just to test it on its own but got an open input alm
    So either the sensor is not compatible with this panel
    or i need a resistor
    or maybe programming step
    Can anyone advise
    Many thanks
    :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are adding it into an existing loop /zone resistors would not be required.
    Is there any information with the sensor regarding how it should be aligned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you are adding it into an existing loop /zone resistors would not be required.
    Is there any information with the sensor regarding how it should be aligned?
    Thanks for the reply Koolkid
    The documentation says it should be upright as in vertical if that makes sense
    Tried that made no difference still gave an open circuit when in the service menu ?
    Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any chance you could post a pic of the wiring?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Any chance you could post a pic of the wiring?
    Yep will do later on
    cheers

Thanks again for your help :-)

As I could not get the cqr sd3 sensor to work
    I bought a couple of hkc inertia sensors with the contact
    and still have same issue in the service menu it still shows an open zone this was with the zone programmed as non eol
    attached is a couple of pretty poor photos ( sorry )
    about 6" of cable connected directly to the sensor on zone 6 with the tamper bridged still shows open zone with magnet strapped with a rubber band
    WP_20151205_003_zpsufzuqglf.jpg

WP_20151205_001_zpsae2y0qgi.jpg

• Advertisement

Have you the arrow pointing up?

Ah Nutts
    Dident even notice an arrow but now that you have pointed it out
    there is an arrow on the front of the cylinder type piece and it would have been pointing toward the wall in the photos
    Do you reckon thats the issue
    Sorry for all the questions
    And thanks again for your help :-)

No matter what way the sensor is mounted the arrow must point up.If its not then the zone would stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

Anyone known how to adjust the sensitivity of a wireless shock sensor on a window.
    Alarm its going off intermittently for this sensor alarm.
    Its a HKC alarm

If it's a wired device you will be adjusting the whole zone.
    Its done in engineer menu Zones>Zone Gross Pulse . Normal would be 4-4 or 5-5.
    If it has been fine it's more likely to be a faulty device or wiring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement