Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Issuing - Quick on the Draw.

Options
  • 04-12-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Estimated bill was issued today before I got a chance to submit a meter reading and I am usually ahead of you guys as I have reminders set up. Billing period: 7/10/2015 - 06/12/2015  My system says I have up until the 6th of December, before number of days reaches 60 your bill as of the 3rd December says 58 days.

I always submit readings between 57 and 60 days and thats usually fine. On this ocassion you don't seem to have allowed much time for ESB Networks to forward a reading to you never mind allowing enough time for me to submit a reading at all.

Maybe you can clarify what is the cut off point for ESB Networks submitting readings to you.

Anyway, the estimated bill is out by about 100 units and I have this evening submitted a reading to ESB Networks.   

I suppose I will end up with two bills  now for this period which makes keeping my records anything but simple and also there is a price reduction which further complicates keeping records accurately but is never the less very welcome.:D

Regards,

Danjo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your message.

It is only necessary to submit a meter reading after receiving an estimated bill.

Also, each billing period will vary, therefore some bills may cover a period of more or less than 60 days in length. This is to accommodate ESB Networks' meter reading schedule.

If you would like us to look into your account and determine if Electric Ireland has received your up-to-date meter reading from ESB Networks could you please send us the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Could you also provide us with the meter reading taken from your property, and the date the reading was taken?

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your message.

It is only necessary to submit a meter reading after receiving an estimated bill.

Also, each billing period will vary, therefore some bills may cover a period of more or less than 60 days in length. This is to accommodate ESB Networks' meter reading schedule.

If you would like us to look into your account and determine if Electric Ireland has received your up-to-date meter reading from ESB Networks could you please send us the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    [*]
    Could you also provide us with the meter reading taken from your property, and the date the reading was taken?

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    [*]
    Hi Brige,

Thanks for your reply, I will follow your advice and hope all runs smoothly. It appears to me after looking back at my recent 'your bill is available to view on line' email that someone has seen the light and made a few changes to the system that hopefully resolves all this interaction for customers between EI and ESB Networks as regards submitting meter readings anyway.

Accurate Billing
    [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] If your bill has been estimated you can submit your latest meter reading(s) here for a more accurate bill.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I assume that the bill will be amended, as opposed to a second bill being issued to cover a few days as happened in the past.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Regards,[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]danjo[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi danjo-xx,
    I assume that the bill will be amended, as opposed to a second bill being issued to cover a few days as happened in the past.

This would depend on the bill in question, i.e. whether it was estimated or not, the difference in consumption between the estimated reading and the customer-submitted reading, and when the latter was submitted.

In general, if you submit an accurate reading in the days after an over-estimated bill has issued, this will trigger a replacement invoice. If the reading you submit is higher than the estimated reading, a new bill will issue to cover the extra billing period and usage. If you would prefer a replacement invoice in a case like this, please contact us directly with your account details and we can look into doing this for you.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

________

Advertisement