Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41x to use the tunnel in the evenings from Monday 7th Dec.

Options
  • 04-12-2015 10:02pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who uses the 41x in the evenings, from Monday it is going through the tunnel which should make a big difference to journey times.

Dublin Bus is pleased to announce that from Monday, 7 December the Route 41x service will operate through the Dublin Port Tunnel in both directions. The introduction of three peak evening departures on Route 41x will significantly improve the journey time from UCD Belfield to Swords in the evening. Route 41x will depart from UCD Belfield at 17:00, 17:15 and 17:30 hours.

From http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Route-41x-using-Port-Tunnel/
    Route 41x travels via the Port Tunnel in the morning on the inward journey to UCD Belfield from Swords but up until now, it has not operated via the Port Tunnel in the evening. The three peak evening departures will provide a faster and more efficient commute for customers, during both morning and evening rush hour traffic.

Speaking about the new service Dublin Bus Chief Executive Ray Coyne said “The introduction of three peak evening departures builds on the success of the Route 41x travelling via the Port Tunnel during peak morning hours. The new service via the Port Tunnel will provide our customers with a more direct route from UCD to Swords.” - See more at: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Route-41x-using-Port-Tunnel/#sthash.6vch8p9N.dpuf

Should be a massive improvement, the big downside of the service for me is just three busses in the evening, compared to Swords Express who operate at least three services every fifteen minutes between 4:30 and 5:30 so a total of up to 30 busses as opposed to three.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Does anyone know if it will exit the M1 at the airport or Holywell? It joins at Holywell in the morning so I presume will exit there in the evening. I live off the Feltrim road so the 142 is handier but the odd time I'd get the swords express and walk so the 41x would be a handy alternative

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tobsey wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it will exit the M1 at the airport or Holywell? It joins at Holywell in the morning so I presume will exit there in the evening. I live off the Feltrim road so the 142 is handier but the odd time I'd get the swords express and walk so the 41x would be a handy alternative

It goes by the airport at the moment so I suspect it will do the same Monday, but that's just imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Does it bypass santry and join the M1 at the tunnel exit currently? If so it'll probably keep exiting at the airport.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tobsey wrote: »
    Does it bypass santry and join the M1 at the tunnel exit currently? If so it'll probably keep exiting at the airport.

Yes, it comes through Drumcondra, onto the M1, then off at the airport

Advertisement