Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strelitzia reginae bird of paradise

Options
  • 04-12-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

bought one four years ago up in bloom on the park. it flowered in the second year and it's two Years since it has flowered and it's about to again... Pics to follow...has anyone got one!??mine is a houseplant...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Pics

Pics

Pics

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

Stunning plants and strelitzia nicolai....enjoys sun and feed...mind was about 10' before a rottie mauled it....

fox0512 wrote: »
    mind was about 10' before a rottie mauled it....

Definitely are stunning... Mine doesn't get much sunlight it's in a north-east room but the room is quite warm... What you mean by "rottie mauled it" never heard this one before?

• Advertisement

Big Rottweiler dragged it round the garden :/ ..... if possible you can give it a few hours of sun during summer and put it back if it cant be left out....post a pic of flower when it opens!!

fox0512 wrote: »
    Big Rottweiler dragged it round the garden :/ ..... if possible you can give it a few hours of sun during summer and put it back if it cant be left out....post a pic of flower when it opens!!

Was thinkin dog... Rage... Yea will do that next summer gonna re pot it too... roughly think I'm a week away from flower so nice Xmas gift...

Indeed...not a finer sight than these flowering... bloody dogs have chewed some nice plants

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    bought one four years ago up in bloom on the park. it flowered in the second year and it's two Years since it has flowered and it's about to again... Pics to follow...has anyone got one!??mine is a houseplant...

I'd never come across the bird of paradise before this post and decided it would be an interesting challenge so I planted 6 seeds about 7 weeks ago and my first one popped up yesterday. Looking forward to watching it grow now.

Advertisement