Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Document authentication

Options
  • 05-12-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have to get degree authenticated by the DFA in Dublin (or Cork) as part of my visa process to work in China.

Does anyone have any experience of this? How long it takes, where to do it (it is unclear on their website whether to go to the passport office or DFA office) I have been trying to get through to them all week, but no luck!

Thanks!

Dawn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I just went into the DFA there on St. Stephen's Green in Dublin. 20 minutes, 75 Euro later and it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dawnbuckley

Hi Tom!

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I asked now. It says on their website to go to the office on Molesworth Street and that the fee is 40 euro - is this not the case? I need mince authenticated for a Chinese visa. I'll then have to get it authenticated again at the Chinese embassy. It's a pain. Can I ask if your are in the same kind of situation?

Also, were you waiting long? I'm going up from Tipp and hoping to get it done in the afternoon (think they're open from 2.30 to 4?)

Thanks for your help. It's really frustrating not being able to get through and it's an expensive trip for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I needed mine for the Middle East, so kinda similar.

I was in and out within the hour. Though the Molesworth St. seems to be the Passport office - are you sure that is correct? Having said that, it was 3-4 years ago when I got this done, so things could have changed.

I definitely went to the corner of St. Stephen's green.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dawnbuckley

It says on their website go to authentication section 39 Molesworth st. I started to get a bit confused then when chatting to an old friend this morning who works in the passport office - she said they've moved and Molesworth st is now a construction site!

They should really update their info, especially if they don't answer the phone. Anyway, guess I'll just go up and check it all out.

Thanks again,

Dawn

Advertisement