Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble transferring data with new phone

• 05-12-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm helping a friend to do everything required with upgrading her iPhone, she had a 5 I think and now has a 6+, after a longer then necessary battle with the Apple ID system, we managed to transfer all the information like contacts etc. using iTunes, did a full backup of the old phone and a full restore on the new.

Now however, most of her apps, (the ones not pre-installed I can only assume), are all greyed out, touching them prompts you to enter your apple ID password (I had assumed to confirm a re-download of it), but after successfully entering it, nothing happens, and touching it again just re-prompts the apple ID (is there any way to get this apple ID system to kinda.... to put it kindly, calm down a bit)

Also, after transferring everything, it obviously knows what apps she had, but didn't transfer them, will she have the data/cache from them then? or was that not transferred too.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It can take time for all the apps to download. Make sure you are connected to wifi. If they are all stuck try restarting. Might need to enter the Apple ID a few more times - it's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Thanks for the response Sad Professor, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked, we tried restarting it, and entering the ID a few more times when prompted, but most of the apps are still greyed out, and same problem when touching them. Is there any way to disable the apple ID system temporarily to try and speed this process up(by entering it once), and then turning it back on, or at least only prompt like, once every 30 mins rather than after every action?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hmmm I don't know. I guess you'll have to delete them and re-download them from the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

When trying to sort this all out a few days ago, we had to change the password. Now, when we enter the password after pressing on an app, and we enter the password, it prompts us to go to setting to "continue signing in", where it asks us again, to enter the password, and then it says that the Apple ID has been locked for security reasons, and when you press to unlock it, it brings you to a 'forgot password' screen....

We do have the right password, we're certain, if we enter anything other then what we know to be the password, it says that it's incorrect.

You'll have to reset it.

See here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204106

• Advertisement
Advertisement