Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fm104 phoneshow a setup???

• 05-12-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi guys I called into the show last week for the first time ever and all was ok,
    3 or 4 days later I had a call from the girl of the show saying she would sort me out with prizes if I went on the show again BUT with them discussing a completely different topic, she then continued on about staying on the phone for as long as possible and that there would be people giving me abuse and to try wind them up as much as possible,
    so having talked s*ite for almost an hour and multiple calls into the show asking about these prizes still no prize, any time I call in the say "somebody ill call you back before the end of the show" but my phone still hasn't ring.
    I cant help but think that these guys are doing almost anything to get there ratings up!!
    I would like to no has anybody else had the same problem with these guys, or them calling up after you already being on the show asking for you to speak about completely unrelated topics in order to cause trouble on the show thus encouraging other listener's to call in or tune in to the show?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Yep.

Usually they get staff members to call in with outrageous opinions to start some controversy and get the show going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think you could change this title too "Are ALL phone shows a set up"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Yeah they usually get people they know to ring in and say outrageous things. The characters that ring in are fake, their opinions are fake, it's just all set up to create controversy really. With that said, there are some genuine people such as people that have been victim to a crime for example, or people with religious views etc. I've heard about them scamming people with prizes a lot recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

Yeah they usually get people they know to ring in and say outrageous things. The characters that ring in are fake, their opinions are fake, it's just all set up to create controversy really. With that said, there are some genuine people such as people that have been victim to a crime for example, or people with religious views etc. I've heard about them scamming people with prizes a lot recently.

thanks for your reply :)
    there almost setting it up for the genuine people ho have been a victim of their topic's to phone in, a bit sad really considering some of their topics could be quite harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Scripted reality lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement