Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v City

• 05-12-2015 2:07pm

Didn't see a match thread.

Just switched this on, 2-0 to Stoke.

They good value for their lead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Didn't see a match thread.

Just switched this on, 2-0 to Stoke.

They good value for their lead?

Well worth,much the better side so far and Shaqiri is on fire today,great turn and assist for the second Stoke goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

When the hell is Vinnie due back? We're absolutely woeful at the back without him.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

blueser wrote: »
    When the hell is Vinnie due back? We're absolutely woeful at the back without him.
    :mad:

He helps but as a team you're woeful without the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City so far failing to the aul' cold, windy day in Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

City's defending is terrible, they don't want to know about it.

• Advertisement

Stoke are taking the piss.

Fernando has been jumping into slide tackles all game and hasn't been near the ball once, terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fernando reminding me of this lad...

Stoke are doing nothing fancy here. They know Kolarov is vulnerable, and they know City are reliant on getting Silva and/or KDB on the ball 30 yards out.

The minute it gets to City a player in that situation, they press like mad. Then they go towards Kolarov.

Simple, but effective. And City don't seem to have a clue how to deal with it. Same as against Liverpool.

Sterling has been non existent and Silva is too rusty,but that was to be expected.

KDB is there only attacking player who is doing anything so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Glenn Whelan got forward well there,should have been 3 nil

Stoke playing some nice stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

wow should have 3 the damm post.

2 centre backs about 30 yards apart there.

Pellegrini's time is up. Laughable shape off the ball, Stoke's false 9 is a conundrum they are failing to deal with in spectacular fashion. They'll never get to where they want under Pellegrini.

Pellegrini's time is up. Laughable shape off the ball, Stoke's false 9 is a conundrum they are failing to deal with in spectacular fashion. They'll never get to where they want under Pellegrini.

Exactly, Bojan is dropping and Arnie is drifting in field and no one is picking him up at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

HT will be just in time to save City from a tonking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

City will be back in this in the second half. Wind being against them means that those balls that have been killing them, Stoke won't be able to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

City need some big changes at half time or Stoke will end up with 4 or 5 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

SantryRed wrote: »
    City will be back in this in the second half. Wind being against them means that those balls that have been killing them, Stoke won't be able to play.

I´d be inclined to think different, as with the wind with them, Stoke will be able to soak up all the pressure and hit a ball from very deep up to one of the forwards to run on to. Anyways Shaqiri is definitely looking like the alpine messi, great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

I thought Man city had the wind for 1st half?? Do they play better with wind in their face??

Although it's true the ball holds up better against the wind...

• Advertisement

rightyabe wrote: »
    I thought Man city had the wind for 1st half?? Do they play better with wind in their face??

Wind is against City in the 2nd half.

irish son wrote: »
    Exactly, Bojan is dropping and Arnie is drifting in field and no one is picking him up at times.

Exactly, City centre backs aren't sure whether to press up or drop off and it's led to some really odd errors that you don't usually see at this level. They're so static without anybody to mark and occasionally they've been dragged so far apart it's created acres of space for Stoke's wide men to make outside to on runs into.

I will say though that the players in front of City's back four don't help the situation. How often have Stoke players been able to get time, lift their heads and pick out a pass with absolutely no pressure on the ball? They don't press, they don't drop deep as a group, they are so susceptible off the ball it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Couldn't play worse.
    Or could they? :)

Exactly, City centre backs aren't sure whether to press up or drop off and it's led to some really odd errors that you don't usually see at this level. They're so static without anybody to mark and occasionally they've been dragged so far apart it's created acres of space for Stoke's wide men to make outside to on runs into.

It's mental considering Liverpool did the same to them a couple of weeks ago.

It's like they did nothing to try and fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

City well on their way to being massacred by barca in the champs league knockout rounds if this performance is anything to go by.

I´d be inclined to think different, as with the wind with them, Stoke will be able to soak up all the pressure and hit a ball from very deep up to one of the forwards to run on to. Anyways Shaqiri is definitely looking like the alpine messi, great to see.

Good luck trying to play any type of precise ball wit a vicious wind like that. The ball will just zip away from them.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Wind is against City in the 2nd half.

I know that Santry red said the opposite

Absolutely, and it's not as if Pellegrini hasn't had time and backing to fix this. This is his 3rd season and they are no better without the ball now than they were in his first season, there's been zero progress.

When everyone's fit, Sterling should be dropped, has not impressed me during his time at city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As Neville said in his analysis it isn't easy to beat it, but a team of City's quality should be able to. Looks bad on Peligrini.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I know that Santry red said the opposite

No I didn't. It's not like Sunday League football where the wind being with you = advantage.

It can really disadvantage team. As compounded by City's absolutely atrocious attempt at defending :pac:

A lot of rubbish on the pitch and some plastic bags too.

No I didn't. It's not like Sunday League football where the wind being with you = advantage.

It can really disadvantage team. As compounded by City's absolutely atrocious attempt at defending :pac:

Watching the Liverpool v Everton u18s this lunchtime - the side playing against the wind did better in both halves. The ball was held up enough to allow the team playing into the wind to catch up with it and attack en mass.

I said as much in my post that the ball can lie better when playing against the wind. I'm a stealth ninja so wind never effected me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Same XI sent back out for the second half. Jesus did indeed weep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's a red all day long.

Otamendi just booted Shaqiri.

Stoke + Butland + long ball + wind + Jon Walters =.....

Lucky boy is Otamendi. He should have saw red.

Gbear wrote: »
    That's a red all day long.

Otamendi just booted Shaqiri.

Yeah I was thinking the same, he just kicked him with no attempt for the ball.

To be fair to Stoke it's been a lot more than that.

• Advertisement

Stoke are the windy Barcelona today

Always knew Bony was a player not for the top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You sure you're watching this game? Walters not even on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Goal kicks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The one thing going for city is that they are only 2 down. Could well and probably should have been a couple more Stoke have created some very good chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Stoke are the windy Barcelona today

Always knew Bony was a player not for the top level.

He would suit a top team built around a different style. He's a very good target man but he's a poor mans Benteke and doesn't have the movement or touch he does. A more direct team like chelsea and i think Bony would do very well.

I never said he was mate...

Delph always looks like he's trying to hard to impress when he's brought on, shots like that sum it up.

Stoke should make some changes about now.

Shaqiri needs to go with the right foot there, think he was surprised by the pass though.

Lads if Stoke lose this I´ll ate my hat

• Advertisement
Advertisement